It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop Singing While I'm Listening To The Music

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
There is something that really annoys me and that is.......

PEOPLE SINGING WHILE THE MUSIC IS PLAYING! :bnghd:

Here is why. When I turn on some music on the radio/cd player and am listening to a song I want to hear the person singing the song singing. Not the person sitting next to me in the car. Not the person who is in the same room as me while I'm playing the music. I didn't turn the music on to hear you sing. I turn it on to hear whoever is on the cd/radio singing. I did not ask for you to sing to me
. That why I got the radio or cd player on.

If you want to do some of this and dance go ahead. But don't sing while I'm listening to music and let me hear the music I'm listening to.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:55 AM
link   
My sister does that. And she really can't sing.
:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Yeah, I am guilty to that as well, and it annoys the piss otta me.

I can't contain all this soul bro...I gotta let it out.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
I'm the sing along type as well. However I do it in a whisper kinda to myself in respect to the other people around me who would rather listen to the baqnd singing the song...lol.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Oh, tell me about it! My wife drives me nuts with this...and she's about as close to the key as the vacuum cleaner. Then she gets irritated with me when I ask her to 'be a bit quieter' (actually, 'knock it off!').

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I sing along with the music too. Like that movie producer in The Godfather said about Johnny Fontaine having an "olive oil voice", same goes for me.

As long as I act like I'm singing the song to my g/f, she doesn't mind. She just giggles uncontrollably until I stop.

Peace

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Im guilty of this as well, and grow frustrated when other people do it while its myself trying to listen to the song.

My girlfriend never says anything about it, just reminds me that I really am a horrible singer and laughs when I start to hum the beat at parts where I don't know the lyrics.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The only lyrics I sing along with are Bachman Turner Overdrive and "Caiaphas" in Jesus Christ Superstar.

Those are the only ones in my voice range.

Most rock & roll is too high pitched for me to hit.

The price of being ursine, I suppose.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
It's fun to see the look on people's face when you start singing in an AC/DC high
pitched squeal kind of voice over any song is playing on the radio at that moment.

Oddly enough, *shut up* is usually the first thing they can think of.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Yeah I do the same thing man, I wish I could scream like a rocker but I just can't see it happening. Its hard to sing on key when you don't even know the freaking song too. You get the words all messed up and everything. You should hear my mexican friend he knows a lot of words to songs but absolutely can not carry a tune in a bucket.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:31 PM
link   
You know what's really annoying? When people sing along, but change the lyrics thinking they are being funny by doing it.

They usually aren't funny, and just annoying, and ruin the entire song for me when they do it.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I don't sing while the music's on. Because I'm such a bad singer I make bad singers sound good. I sound real bad.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:29 AM
link   
I have learned to live with "singing while the music is on", as long as it is quietly. I do it all the time....but only after a few :w:

But something worse, that I can't put up with, is singing along while listening to music in Headphones/Earphones. As if it didn't sound out of key enough with the accompanying music, without it sounds like trying to squeeze a cat into a living, out of tune violin. :bash: Never put earphones on and then sing along.....at least not when other people are around

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   
I'm only guilty of it while I'm in my car alone. And you know what, If someones in my car and I'm still singing, too bad. I treat my car like a starship boat or vessel. Meaning when your in my car, theres a chain of command, and to quote a great television series.

"You know what the chain of command is? Its the chain I grab to beat you with untill you realize whos in charge."

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
My entire family is like this. It's how WE enjoy music. Fortunately, we are all very musically talented. My son was "singing" with the radio before he could even talk.

top topics

join