It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon acknowledges fabricating a 'Zarqawi Legend'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:00 AM
link   
After the story of the boogey man Zarqawi became far to ridiculous for even a one celled amoeba to believe, it began to work against the US propaganda machine, awakening more people than it deceived. They have no decided to scrap the whole idea of it with a shrug and a 'maybe we bent the truth just a lil'. Will they get away with it? That's up to you.

www.washingtonpost.com
It is difficult to determine how much has been spent on the Zarqawi campaign, which began two years ago and is believed to be ongoing. U.S. propaganda efforts in Iraq in 2004 cost $24 million, but that included extensive building of offices and residences for troops involved, as well as radio broadcasts and distribution of thousands of leaflets with Zarqawi's face on them, said the officer speaking on background...

"Villainize Zarqawi/leverage xenophobia response," one U.S. military briefing from 2004 stated. It listed three methods: "Media operations," "Special Ops (626)" (a reference to Task Force 626, an elite U.S. military unit assigned primarily to hunt in Iraq for senior officials in Hussein's government) and "PSYOP," the U.S. military term for propaganda work..." (WP. 10 April 2006)

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

There was a man named saint Nicholas and he did exist once long ago. But out of that man came the myth of Santa clause, a being that resides in the "north pole", can fly around the earth in one night, and knows when you are sleeping. People invented this ludicrous story for their own ends.
In the same sense, there once was a man named Ahmad Fadeel al-Nazal al-Khalayleh , out of him came the myth of abu Mussab Al Zarqawi. What they expect us to believe about Zarqawi is just as ludicrous as what they expect us to believe about Santa.

The idea of Zarqawi, everything they attributed to him, the bombings, the being everywhere at once, the losing a leg then growing it back. Now they have admitted that image of “zarqawi” that everyone has, was a fabrication, and hence they have admitted that Zarqawi does not exist.

So what if they only admitted they “bent the truth” what’s the difference what spin they want to put on it. Just as we have been saying all along, zarqawi is nothing but a concept used to control people, a psyop. Just like Emanuel Goldestein the character in the book 1984. Continue reading that book and you will realise Goldestein entire organisation was also a fabrication.

And if he is just that, think what else is a psyop, OBL, Al Qaeda, 9/11, if it has been all a fabrication, then who has been making the audio files submitting them on anonymous website saying things like "i will kill all shi'ites" or "pray for sickly zarqawi", and the bombings to keep the myth alive. Someone who wants civil war in Iraq very badly. Someone who wants to tarnish the good name of the Iraqi resistance in the eyes of the world. Who else but the US administration and all those who stand in the dark shadows of it.

Related News Links:
www.globalresearch.ca

[edit on 24-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
And yet if you ask people who has been our greatest foe in Iraq the vast majority will say Zarqawi. Zarqawi is also an anagram for Iraq Waz. We clearly would believe anything.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Other members and I raised the question as to why Syrian sister is changing the story in the thread she started in ATS, when the article from Washington post itself says Zarqawi does exist, but one U.S. military official says that he is not responsible for everything which has been claimed he did... So I ask again, why is it that the title of the story, and the introduction line, still presents the exagerated version of Syrian sister?

It's this what unbiased news has become for ATSNN?

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Muaddib]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib
Other members and I raised the question as to why Syrian sister is changing the story, when the article from Washington post itself says Zarqawi does exist,

Of course the man exists. Big deal. See how his mere existence confuses.. his identity is being bandied about wontonly. Thrown out there into the media, into the common market, so to speak. And everyone believes what they hear. Without any proof. He does exist.

but one U.S. military official says that he is not responsible for everything which has been claimed he did...

What he's saying is, Zarqawi has been a tool of propaganda. They use the same technique with you going thru boot camp. They make you hate somebody.. and the next thing you know, you're rampaging toward someone else's created enemy.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Why doesn't this surprise me one bit? Take a 2bit, abit a dangerous 2bit thug and blow him up into this master terrorist...and there are still those who believe everything that comes out of this administrations mouth...how many lies will it take before these people finally see the light? Lies damned lies....and more damned lies.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Isn't it interesting that a video with the 2bit thug now just happens to be released?

[edit on 25-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 03:49 AM
link   
How convenient that after 3 years of nothing this pops up right now.

So they finally found a look alike, took them 3 years and it's not even a good one.

illuminati are capable of alot.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
How convenient that after 3 years of nothing this pops up right now.

So they finally found a look alike, took them 3 years and it's not even a good one.

illuminati are capable of alot.

OMG..... dont tell me you believe that illuminati crap?

I can believe that people in power are quite selfish and arent above telling lies to get what they want or would like to have but some people give people too much credit.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
This is really ridiculous. Isn't it convenient, as any child of two can clearly see, that as soon as
the going gets tough, Lo and behold,
a bogeyman appears!

Come on, people, cant you see this for what it really is?

You should all be insulted. Just how stupid do they think we are???
Dont you see the chain of events happening? Low poll #'s, everyone talking about the oil business, get rid of Rumsfeld, get rid of Cheney, bla bla bla...then BOO!

Impeachment calls. Cant leave out that. Now one would think Zarqawi works directly for the US damage control department, wouldnt one?! If nothing else, this all helps cement my beleif that 9/11 was nothing more than the first great big BOO!

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   

BAGHDAD, Iraq — Terror mastermind Abu Musab al-Zarqawi revealed his face for the first time Tuesday in a dramatic video in which he dismissed Iraq's new government as an American "stooge" and called it a "poisoned dagger" in the heart of the Muslim world.
FOXNews.com

This Zarqawi caracter always amused me.
Supposedly a one man show able to threaten the American freedom campain. You guys truly love a scape goat! Now he is out with a new video, and if we are to believe him right this time: 'What Is Coming Is Even Worse'

New Zarqawi Video Posted on Web

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
so they admit that Keyser Soze is nothing more than a blown out of proportion myth and then he pops up on a tape again? seems kinda counterporductive to say he's no big deal, we made up the legend and then have him pop up on a tape.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeurseems kinda counterporductive to say he's no big deal, we made up the legend and then have him pop up on a tape.

The Pentagon propoganda campaign was leaked. There's a media blackout on the Pentagon leak and with only one or two larger volume media outlets reporting on this. On the other hand, nearly all the MSM is reporting on these tapes.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vaak
New Zarqawi Video Posted on Web

How thick in the head do they think we are? Do they not understand their transparency, or are they doing it on purpose? The odds of the video being released after all this time, just when this scandalous leak has appeared, are astronomical. This would honestly be hilarious if it wasn't so damn serious.

Just out of interest, has anyone seen any other major websites/discussion forums covering this topic?

Good job posting this on ATSNN, anyway, Syrian Sister. It would be an awful shame for a scandal such as this to be hidden out of the way, don't you think?

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It is always good to know, that American taxpayers money is spent for something "Good" and "Noble".

And why am I not surprised at all?

One thing hit me, when I saw this new video, where the Super-terrorist and his close associates were sitting around a table with some maps and weapons and stuff - well, if this was such a Secret meeting, how come they recorded it?

Gee - I wonder...

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muaddib

It's this what unbiased news has become for ATSNN?

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Muaddib]

I totally agree.

Guess when they changed the voting procedure they also threw out the rules.

This first paragraph should portray just the facts of the story in an objective and unbiased way and not your opinion.

As it stands now the intro is highly biased and very opinionated

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Prison Planet

An April 10th Washington Post article brazenly stated,

"The U.S. military is conducting a propaganda campaign to magnify the role of the leader of al-Qaeda in Iraq, according to internal military documents and officers familiar with the program. The effort has raised his profile in a way that some military intelligence officials believe may have overstated his importance and helped the Bush administration tie the war to the organization responsible for the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks."

The Post even described how the Pentagon had concocted fake Al-Zarqawi letters boasting about suicide attacks and leaked them to Dexter Filkins of the New York Times, who splashed it on the front page the next day. Despite the fact that Filkins had severe doubts about the authenticity of the letter, the Times got down on their knees, licked boots, and published it anyway.

The Al-Zarqawi tape is a Pentagon orchestration and those that swallow it presumably also believe that JFK was cryogenically resurrected to play a cameo role with Tom Hanks 31 years after his own death.

'Nuff Said.

new topics

top topics

join