It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the bush economy: what the dems dont want you to know

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:44 AM
link   
i thought this might cheer some americans up seeing how mostly the media is focused on the iraq war and the cost of it. did any of you americans know about this information before reading it on this site? from where?
this is the site www.georgebush.com...

President Bush: "We've got a good economy right now. It's growing at rapid paces, and there's a lot of new jobs being added and productivity is high, and people are owning homes, and that's all positive. The fundamental question is: How do we make sure that that's the case next year, five years, and 10 years from now. That's really what we're confronted with." (President George W. Bush, Remarks At Parkland Magnet Middle School For Aerospace Technology, Rockville, Md., 4/18/06)

Because Of The 2001, 2003, And 2004 Tax Cuts, This Year:
111 Million American Taxpayers Will Save An Average Of $1,877;
A Family Of Four Making $40,000 Will Save $2,010;
More Than 5 Million Individuals And Families Will Have Their Income Tax Liabilities Totally Eliminated;
44 Million Families With Children Will Save An Average Of $2,493;
14 Million Elderly Individuals Will Save An Average Of $2,043;
25 Million Small Business Owners Will Save An Average Of $3,641. (U.S. Department Of The Treasury Website, www.treasury.gov, Accessed 4/12/06)

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by worksoftplayhard
i thought this might cheer some americans up seeing how mostly the media is focused on the iraq war and the cost of it. did any of you americans know about this information before reading it on this site? from where?

Do you consider $2,000 to be a lot of money? Because many Americans piss that money right back down the drain in prescriptions and gas alone. Particularly those elderly people. You think with rising health-care costs that $2,000 is really going to do anything? How about those tuition-hikes? You think those "families of four" will be able to put that $2,000 away towards a summer beach-house or something? Get real.

One of Bush's many tricks was to convince conservatives that he was one himself. Many of them are wisening up but the damage is somewhat done. He has completely screwed up this country, in several ways, but because he sticks a 20-dollar bill in your shirt pocket every now and then, you think he's looking out for you. Total con-artist.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   
i never thought of it that way, you do make a valid point. but would you rather get 2 thousand back or 20 bucks back? you dont have to keep the money if you dont want it.

Do you consider $2,000 to be a lot of money? Because many Americans piss that money right back down the drain in prescriptions and gas alone. Particularly those elderly people. You think with rising health-care costs that $2,000 is really going to do anything? How about those tuition-hikes? You think those "families of four" will be able to put that $2,000 away towards a summer beach-house or something? Get real.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by worksoftplayhard]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:16 AM
link   
from 1990 to 2005 the percentage of students recieving free or reduced lunches at school increased from 27% to 75% in the Roanoke school district. I got a feeling that if you checked out you own school district, you mind find a similar increase. this tells me alot more that anything the government is gonna tell me... the jobs being created are not replacing the wages that are being lost. more and more people's incomes are falling below the level that is needed to be self sufficient, thus more need for public handouts...and thus more people not paying taxes to help pay for these handouts. meanwhile, more join the status or wealthy, or near wealthy, to balk and complain about all that taxmoney the government steals from them that is wasted on these government handouts. programs that are now really in jeopordy due to our lovely out of this world deficits. over 75% of the kids in my public school system have parents that seek help to pay their lunches.....that tells me all I need to know! the rich are getting richer, and the rest are getting poorer.

new topics

top topics

join