It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What makes a superpower?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I have always been interested in geography and politics.I have especially been interested in the military might of super powers and regional powers.

I thought it might be a good idea to get opinions from many members on what makes a country a superpower.i Believe there are a many different ideas on what makes a country a true superpower.

In reality their is only one real superpower in the world,the United states and an extent,China in beginning to fit that the general view of what is a superpower.Only 16years ago existed another superpower the U.S.S.R.The general public believes that a nation must have a global military power and great economic strength to become a superpower.But maby there is more to it.Maby you dont need economic strength?Maby the society of a nation contributes significantly to a superpower.

I personally believe that it also takes a certain law structure,geographical significance on the global map and climate to make a superpower( most powerful nations contain temperate climates).The natural resources make a superpower.

I believe it takes much more then military strength and economic stability to become a superpower.Whats your view?

new topics

join