It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go to one place in history, where?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chezz
Would I have knowledge of future events?
In otherwords, if I went back to 1928 would I know the stock market was going to crash in 1929?

For the sake of this thread, yes you would. However, you would just be an observer.

If you were thinking of going back before the 1929 Crash for example, to profit from it in some manner, your actions might have actually prevented the Crash.

Sort of like Star Treks Prime Directive. Just don't mess with the event/place you go back to see. Otherwise this thread will get sillier than it's probably going to get.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Since it is my thread, the premise is that you could travel to once place/time and then return back to the present. You would be an observer and not interfere. Can't take anything with you back except knowledge. ie no sneaking the Ark of the Covenent back with you.

In this case, since I am a Mormon, I would like to go back in time to the spring of 1820, and see if Joseph Smith really did see God and Jesus, or whether he did not. I believe that he did, but there is no way to be 100% sure, unless you actually were there.

Given that so much in so many religions is strictly based on faith, it would be really cool to visit some of the events that form the crux of world religions. Like the resurrection of Jesus, or Mohammed speaking to Gabriel and getting the Koran, or anything like that. Think what would happen to the world if a religion like Catholicism or Islam could be 100% proven or disproven... that would affect a lot of people! I can't think of any past event whose viewing could affect more people than that.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
The final of the 1966 world cup. Or the battle of Hasting in 1066

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Ooh there'd be so many times to go to. I'd love to go back to about the year 600AD, just to check out whats going on =], I'd pick up an early bible and get it translated as well, Just to see how much has been editted.
Or I'd go 7000 years backwards in time, just to prove the world isn't 6800-and-odd years old.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Alfred the Great leading the tatterd remnants of his army out of the marshes of Athelney and achieving the biggest turn around in history by defeating the Danes and ensuring the future of England. How did he do it?

The Beatles at the Cavern

Ancient Rome, but only for a walk about, don't want to see any bloodshed at the games.

Listen to Jesus preaching.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Day of Roswell. I'd bring super high tech cameras, video recording equippment, audio equipment etc. And I'd video record the Ufo to see if its a balloon or something else. If theres room, I'd shove an alien body into my time traveller and jump back to the present with him

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Hmm. Jesus, Woodstock and "The Library" are all good ones I'd have to consider. I'd also like to go back and join Bob Marley for a chat and a cup of tea. Also, in the crowd as Ole Solskjaer scored the final goal in the 1999 European Cup to secure the Treble for Manchester United.....what a moment.

But above all else, if I could go back "physically" and stay in the past, I'd like to go back to my first year and live my life to this point all over again, maybe avoiding some of the bad points along the way, but not many. I haven't had much time, rellatively, on this planet, but the thing I would like more than anything would still be to experience the joy of childhood again.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:25 AM
link   
lets see becuase im not that old i would probably go back to when the miami dolphins had their perfect season in 1972...... (nfl sports) that would be my dream... to see any miami football game live.... havnt got there yet but on a larger scale i would love to go back to to the medevil times. i did a research project on that era and it would be pretty cool to see a castle being built and then watching a full scale all out seige.... of course i would be safe i hope..... but yes nice idea of a thread...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I would go back to the year 1976 to stop myself from putting that first needle in my arm, an event that took 22 years of my life. I'm sorry...I realize this thread probably wasn't meant for this type of information, but believe me when I say that not a day goes by that I don't wish for the very thing that this thread proposes. I would do almost anything to have those years...the best years of my life...back. So this question is cake for me. Choi

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
i would like to go back to the day jesus was born and take a blood sample from him, so that i can know for certain that his 100 percent human and just a normal man, nothing out of the ordinary.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I think there once was a thread similar to this and I had said that I would go back to ancient Sumeria and check out the whole 'gods from the heavens' thing for myself.

Second I would go back to see if Moses really did part the Red Sea.

Peace

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Some of you who want to go way back might need to check and see which type of calendar was in use at the time and make some conversions in the dates. Me I'd settle for Jan 1 2006...................................................with a certain list of numbers. Football scores, stock prices, Powerball numbers,............

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'd probably want to be in NYC on 9/11 to witness how that city changed over those tragic hours, or maybe on the grassy knoll in Dallas on that fateful November day back in '63.

Other possibly back to 1973 to watch the Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley cup, my grandfather passed away an hour after this hockey game and was a diehard fan. Its always been a dream of mine to beable to watch a game with him, so to watch his final game with him and see the Habs hoist the cup has always been something I would love to do.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
back to 1973 to watch the Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley cup

AHHHHH! A TRUE hockey fan!!
Flyers in 1975 ... to see THEM hoist the cup!

Seriously ... First stop would be to visit Christ, Mary and Joseph when
he is about 12 years old and the 'finding of Christ in the temple' takes
place. I would want to meet the whole family and I'd bring a camera
and a VCR. He'd be old enough to answer a whole lotta' questions
and being God he'd be able to understand my English just fine. I'd
be asking Mary and Joseph a bunch too.

Second stop - would be to the time of the cave drawings of space men.
I'd want to see what they saw when they drew the drawings of men in
helmets and stuff....

[edit on 4/25/2006 by FlyersFan]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I would like to experience Europe during the Renaissance, just to take it all in, the smell the sights the sound. The feel of the air before the industrial age!

Then again if you think about it, we are right now more than likely in the most important ages of all time. The age of Aquarius is on our doorstep and I think this is the reason for all the crazy ways of modern man. It is our transition from the material to the spiritual. Reminds me of change of season here in Michigan from winter to spring. Winter holds on fast and blows some really hard storms during the transition. This is what the materialistic world is doing. It fights and claws its way to hold ground.

If this change takes place within my lifetime then I must consider this to be the greatest of times.

I come, and go, and come. When Righteousness declines, O Bharata! When Wickedness is strong, I rise, from age to age, and take visible shape, and move a man with men, succouring the good, thrusting the evil back, and setting Virtue on her seat again.” ~Krishna

These times may be our most important time, our time of ascention to those that are ready, to the age of spirituality.

I remember seeing the above quote in Rasobasi420's signiture while reading this thread. I forgot about it until I saw it in your signiture, great quote!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I love to go back to BC and fnd out who Abraham, and finally understand why religion is around today. And why its is making such a big influence in people. We read bibles and books and believe in these people that were around thousands of years ago.

See it to believe it i say.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Roswell. Then everything else will change.

Then to prevent the first time i was with a women. I would have remained a child for much longer.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I'd go to Ancient Greece, during the times when thinkers were respected and made a living speaking toghether and bouncing ideas off of one another in the forums after long hours reading and writing.

There would be nothing better.

And then to walk the streets in one of those sweet robes on a sunny day, looking for girls fresh out of showing some close-minded fool the errors of his ways?

Nothing better in my estimation to be able to do. Yay pre-Aristrocratic Ancient Greece.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Either aboard the Apollo 11 capsule when it first touched down on the Moon...

Or...

Aboard Titanic the night she went down...Strange i know...Just always wanted to know what it was really like!

Mic

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have to say that between the advances in medical science and some of the human rights progress we have made for women and African Americans (I am both), 2006 is a pretty good time and place to be.

But for just a moment or two? Maybe the actual Last Supper. Would be fun to witness and see how it all really went down, even the details like did anyone spill any of the of wine? Or who dropped their fork?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join