It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Go to one place in history, where?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'd go back to the time of Sappho, to see what the real Praxilla looked like and enjoy the splendor of ancient Greece. I could lounge, eat grapes and talk of philosophy and the questions of the universe. Hmmmm... that's what I do now. I guess some things never change.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Lexington to see who fired first.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I would want to go to the "missing years" of Jesus, and see where he really was and who he talked to, etc. I know my answer probably sounds like something typical, but I am not a Christian so for me it would be a mission to find out the "truth." (whatever that truth may be)

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I go to 10,500BC.
Apparently, there is a point in history where the pyramids would have matched exactly with Orion's belt.

At that same time the Sphinx would have aligned perfectly with Leo.

A series of temples called Ankor Wat would have aligned perfectly with the constellation Draco.
This time would have been about 10,500. BC

That sounded intriguing to me as well but being as it is a one shot deal, do you really want to waste a chance on a "what if" possibility.

I mean think how bummed you would be if you did go back to that time and saw nothing.

Still the payoff if the hypothesis is right could be enormous. Something pretty cool may have happened around 10,500 BCE. Good choice.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I would go back in time and give all the Aztecs AK47's! No seriously, i would go back to, well, 0 to find out what the hell this whole jesus thing is about.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I would like to back to when Magellen set off on his voyage and ask if i could join his crew, if he said no i would whip out my ipod and tell him ill provide the entertainment.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If I had my choice I would like to visit several points in time.
One would be to meet Buddha, and attend one of his teachings.
I would like to go and be there for the Coranation of Queen Victoria of England, and maybe if given the option, attend tea with Albert Einstein, if only to try and persuade him before his start in physics, the inaguration of JFK and to Dallas to see who is assisn really was.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:57 PM
link   
It depends. Would I be able to go"Back to the Future" (LOL)

or would I be stuck where ever I went?
This is a good post by the way.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   
I'd like to travel back just a little ways, no more than a century or so. That way, the time period would be a good balance of my scientific knowledge being quite advanced, yet the society itself would be advanced enough to actually use most of it. Can you imagine how rich I'd be...?

Or, even cooler, I could impress the pants off of famous scientists like Tesla and Einstein, as well as all of the early quantum mechanics founders.

"No, Mr. Einstein, I think you made an algebraic mistake. I'd say it is E=mc squared, not mc cubed. Check your math again."

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
easy...ancient egypt during the construction of the sphinx

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Id go back to 20 bc and invent the greatest con of all time. To be honest i dont really want to go back in time at all i would prefer to go 1000yrs into the future.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
1. July 4, 1776 I would love to have been around for the forming of this country and the signing of the documents.

2. Woodstock

3. Old west, No particular event, but I think the time would have been cool. I'd have been one of those women who wore pants and rode horses.
Those other broads can have their 'bustles'.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I think I have Pioneer Blood running through my veins. I would go back to about 1850.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
'Gunna Go Back- -In- -Time'--- for you Saturday Night Live Lovers. You should know what skit that is from.

-If I could go back in time I would go back to the 0070's CommonEra. This was right around the time the 'Roman Colosseum' was built. I would love to have sat ring side as the Gladiators did battle. It would have been truley amazing. Imagine seeing that or the Naval Battles they held there inside the Colosseum.-

-I too would've liked to have seen the contents of the 'Library in Alexandria'. I can't even begin to think of the vast wealth of knowledge that was held there.-

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The Bohemian Revolution in France.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chezz
It depends. Would I be able to go"Back to the Future" (LOL)

or would I be stuck where ever I went?
This is a good post by the way.

Since it is my thread, the premise is that you could travel to once place/time and then return back to the present. You would be an observer and not interfere. Can't take anything with you back except knowledge. ie no sneaking the Ark of the Covenent back with you.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I would have loved to see the Krakatoa eruption of 1883, only of course if I couldn't be harmed. Just must have been a tremendous sight. Plus the loudest sound in human history can't be all bad to witness.

Tied for first place on the nature side of things would have been the Tunguska event. Just to see what actually occurred there.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
For me it would have to be the time of Jesus...How wonderful to get to talk with him..

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Would I have knowledge of future events?
In otherwords, if I went back to 1928 would I know the stock market was going to crash in 1929?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chezz
Would I have knowledge of future events?
In otherwords, if I went back to 1928 would I know the stock market was going to crash in 1929?

For the sake of this thread, yes you would. However, you would just be an observer.

If you were thinking of going back before the 1929 Crash for example, to profit from it in some manner, your actions might have actually prevented the Crash.

Sort of like Star Treks Prime Directive. Just don't mess with the event/place you go back to see. Otherwise this thread will get sillier than it's probably going to get.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join