It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unexplained sonic booms

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I did not witness the booms personally so I have no clue what this is all about. Just passing along this interesting article about people hearing a booming noise that rattled windows, set off car alarms, and created waves in a backyard pool. Scientists says there was no earthquake, and the FAA said they have no records of planes breaking the sound barrier at that time.

What's behind mysterious booms?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Its posts like this that make me come back to ATS again and again and again. here is a genuine puzzle, one thats worth the time and effort to research (If you live close) and has multiple angels to it. The fact that the events occour so near to military bases, and other areas of interest is strange, and so is the utter bewilderment of even the officials.

I for one have been under and around when a sonic boom has happened from fast movers, and it sure doesn't rattle a door for seconds like this one in cali did, but yet no earth quake..... Skyquake? Is it possible that some thing triggered massive local pressure changes and caused the air to be disturbed to such an extent??

Who knows, buts its great trying to find out.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
It happened here about a year ago..(Myrtle Beach).
I read somewhere, (looking for it), that it is some kind of underwater phenom. Involving shifting plates and water pressure. That is supposedly why its usually near the ocean.
But who knows, it is strange that it is also usually close to military bases.
I'll definitely keep an eye on this post.
Great Mystery

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
i live near ft. campbell and i can tell you that i heard a similar boom about 3 or 4 week's ago at 2am in the morning the windows rattled and my bed shook and it awoke my wife & myself out of a sound sleep, i've heard the normal impact zone mutitions for years and can tell you this was something quite different

it was so different that i went out side in P.J.'s to see if i could see anything in the sky, but nothing ....it was my guess at the time that it might be the military trying some new horrific weapon ?? who know's one thing's for sure. they will never tell us if it was them!!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
If it was an underwater phenomenon, that would clear up the mystery of the sonic booms heard emnating from the water off Florida not too long ago. There were a couple of threads on it.

The plane-less sonic boombs weren't initially connected to the water, but then I guess one or more seismos picked up the equivalent of an underwater sonic boom.

Sort of answered one question and asked a thousand more.

They're coming from the water, or the crust beneath the ocea floor...

If there was a coastal military base, or even a submerged one, they could maybe be testing underwater munitions? That sort of thing would have to be done I suppose, these aren't recreational waters I hope.

I'm going to go and try to dig up the old posts on this subject. There were several of them for sure.

EDIT: I stand corrected. There aren't several of them, there're tons of them. Use the search button, and try "Sonic Booms" in the Google search, got tons of results. I suspect the boolean would do fine with Sonic and Boom.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by police_officer339
It happened here about a year ago..(Myrtle Beach).
I read somewhere, (looking for it), that it is some kind of underwater phenom. Involving shifting plates and water pressure. That is supposedly why its usually near the ocean.
But who knows, it is strange that it is also usually close to military bases.
I'll definitely keep an eye on this post.
Great Mystery

Police - it's been happening in the NC, VA area for years now. This evening (if I don't forget before then) I'll do a search to show you how long people in that area have been reporting these booms. A LONG TIME!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Cool
I'm pretty new here.
But this sounds like something to investigate.

top topics

join