It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attempt to discredit Charlie Sheen?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   

people.aol.com...

In court papers filed Friday, Richards claimed that her Sheen threatened to kill her.

"I am filing now because I can no longer accept (Sheen's) abusive and threatening manner and must stop him from the cycle of his abuse toward me and our children and his continued threats of violence and statements that he is going to kill me," Richards, 35, said in the papers.

Sheen issued a statement of his own on Friday, calling Richards's allegations "a most obvious immature and transparent smear campaign designed to hurt, embarrass and ultimately extort me."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

To me, this looks like a pretty shady attempt to bring doubt to the minds of people who have been following the story about Sheen going against the accepted 9/11 account. If a normal, non-conspiracy minded American became interested and started questioning the whole 9/11 ordeal because of the actor...well, now they have something making their thinking a little harder. I'm sure the government is loving this little news tidbit, seeing as how people these days discredit others at the drop of a hat.

Could the allegations be true? Sure they can, but what we know is that he stood up for his country and told everybody what he thinks about the 9/11 coverup. I'm afraid the average American Joe Shmoe will see the accusations brought forth by his ex and dismiss the thought of questioning the government about 9/11.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Hell, I think his appearances on CNN in the first place were in an effort to discredit. It really boosted CNN's ratings, but even so, after 3 days they pulled the stories while viewers were overwhelmingly supporting what he was saying. Why would they pull something that boosts ratings unless there were other, more important interests at stake?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
i genuinely give faith in the the american public than to give credibility to what is probably no more than a child custody stunt.

charlie has risked his credibility and his future career to state what he thinks is right

his god given right as a free citizen to speak his mind and state his opinion

what he is stating is no more than we all in our hearts thought that first moment when the towers came down....

that just doesnt happen so 'perfectly' in real life

good luck and best wishes to him.. i,d like to think all these 'hollwood hardmen and heroes' would have the brass cahones to follow in his footsteps and push for a real investigation

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
charlie has risked his credibility and his future career to state what he thinks is right

Why is that?

Being a gullible idiot hasn’t hurt the careers other Hollywood numbskulls, why should it affect his?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
No, this has been an ongoing problem with them for awhile. She's repeatedly said he's threatened her.

But for those looking for a juicy spin....Sure, it will discredit him with regards to his 9/11 interview.

Its like apples and oranges.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Originally posted by AGENT_T

Why is that?

Being a gullible idiot hasn’t hurt the careers other Hollywood numbskulls, why should it affect his?

Well what of the millions of others who believe the same? Are we all idiots too?

Just because your opinion says he is a gullible idiot, does not lay any truth.

I have read alot of your 9/11 posts and am normally impressed, childish comments like that however do nothing for your work.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by arun84h
this looks like a pretty shady attempt to bring doubt to the minds
of people who have been following the story about Sheen going
against the accepted 9/11 account.

Naaaaaaaah. It's about divorce and child custody. It's about
infidelity and probable spouse abuse (which includes mental
abuse!). No conspiracy here. dg is right, this has been going
on for a long time. It's not exactly a surprise that they are
divorcing (again). What is a surprise is that it has taken so
long for them to get a divorce. Many of us didn't think they'd
even make it THIS long!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
Well what of the millions of others who believe the same? Are we all idiots too?

[wink]Well statistics prove that half of all Americans have below average intelligence[/wink]

What credibility does Charlie Sheen bring to the table on this topic?

If he wants to talk about Bin Laden’s acting ability, then maybe I’ll listen to what he has to say. Just because he’s Kato Kelein’s friend, doesn’t mean that I have to respect his opinion.

Should I also believe in Scientology just because Tom Cruise does?

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Many of us didn't think they'd
even make it THIS long!

Wow, that’s many more than I thought would even care about the issue.

C’mon people, he’s an actor.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
attempt of discredit Charlie Sheen ?? WOW... you mean he actually has had credit in the past ?????

this is getting ridiculous... now there is a conspiracy in this too, when the man is a know drug addict not to say worse ??? pleaseee!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
FlyersFan,

Leave it to us to have the full inside scoop!

Its Hollywood people, where a 4 month marriage is considered a good marriage!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

What credibility does Charlie Sheen bring to the table on this topic?

Now I am not naive enough to think he is a credible contributor to the 9/11 backlash. Its obvious he is doing nothing more than using his status in order to bring attention to these concerns.

But somebody who believes 9/11 was orchestrated by the government or atleast they had some prior knowledge, in my opinion is certainly not a gullible idiot.

Im sure we can admit there is enough evidence on both sides of the coin to make a valid argument.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by chissler]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

But somebody who believs 9/11 was orchestrated by the government or atleast they had some prior knowledge, in my opinion is certainly not a gullible idiot.

I agree there ... you're right... you can remove the guilable.

The man is a known drunk, drug addcite, hooker -addict .. whatver else adcitions he has, i wouldn't be surpirsed if he did do what he is accused of.
Even if he was the Pope himself ...it wouldnt surprise me.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   
It's pretty ironic that people are so trusting of someone and swallowing their every word like it means something just because they make a living from being pretty good at what is effectively deceiving people, by putting on false personas and pretending to be someone you're not.

Has anyone seen 'Team America' by the way?

On a side note for general humour, with a slight alteration:

ox·y·mo·ron ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ks-môrn, -mr-)
n. pl. ox·y·mo·ra (-môr, -mr) or ox·y·mo·rons

1. A rhetorical figure in which incongruous or contradictory terms are combined, as in a deafening silence and discredit Charlie Sheen.
dictionary.reference.com...

Seriously though, I doubt it somehow, there isn't much you can do to descredit someone like him, don't get me wrong I think he's pretty funny - but he's just an actor and hasn't exactly got a squeaky clean record anyway.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowardRoark

Should I also believe in Scientology just because Tom Cruise does?

No, you should beleive in how nuts Tom Cruise is based upon his association with Scientology...

and in this case, Sheens association with the 9-11 truth movement should tell you how sane or crazy he is...
If you beleive 9-11 conspiracy- you will think he is much saner than he truely is...

If you beleive the official take on 9-11 then you are just plain crazy...
(kidding, but you see where i was going...)

The person saying it in this case, almost hurts the 9-11 conspiracy... because of all the negative press about sheen right now (probably earned to a small degree at least)

But answer this for me if you would, Howard (be objective now)
I did a thread on Google censoring searches for 9-11, and Charlie Sheens interview...
Google got caught, and it took almost three days (and cookie clearing on individuals computers) to get the links back up... they claimed it was from crawler errors... but it is fairly obvious when the words being searched for dont even come back with "9-11, and Charlie" in them...

(in other words, on the search results, it showed the words 9-11 and charlie were NOT underlined or highlighted searchable words, and they were not in the results pages)
yahoos came up first try...

so being as Google was actively trying to hide the interview on its searches.
do you think there might be an organized effort to taint his name?
(BTW: i had no trouble finding all his latest fights with girls, and reporters on Googles first page of returns.)

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentSmith
Has anyone seen 'Team America' by the way?

LOVED IT!! I admit it ... I saw it. I had never seen a
South Park thing before. Gawd it was gross! But I
loved it. Charlie Sheen gets a F.A.G. award!!

(and Mat Daaaaaaamon! - that was awesome!!)

And the previous post was right .. he's addicted to
drugs, alcohol, and hookers. He gave an interview
where he said many times he'd wake up and not
know where he was, the name of the ladies who
were in bed passed out with him, and he wouldn't
even know his own name.

If a guy can't even remember his own name many
mornings when he wakes up ... he isn't going to be
a source of secret info about 9/11 and he isn't going
to have a very long lasting marriage.

This is just a divorce and child custody thing.
I pity the child involved. Actually, I pity the kids of
all those Hollywood stars. But that's for a different thread ...

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
If you beleive 9-11 conspiracy- you will think he is much
saner than he truely is...

Ever hear the phrase - 'sometimes even a blind pig finds an acorn'?
IF Charlie Sheen is correct about 9/11 ... IF ... then it's just an example
of a blind pig finding an acorn.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Wouldn't surprise me if the whole thing was engineered to discredit the truth movement by having him endorsing it. People will associate the conspiracy theories with that funny man on TV that has a history of being nuts. See what I mean?
The hero, if anything, is a delibrate attempt to introduce and reiterate these theories to people and make them associate it with being a loony and not holding any serious ground.
I'm pretty sure it didn't make mainstream by accident and by advertising it so extensively and celebrating it on the web it has only helped what they are doing even further

[edit on 24-4-2006 by AgentSmith]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   
There's something fishy behind all this madness. But, does this government's role in 9/11 need discrediting by a known jackass?

I've heard the same story from UNKNOWN jackasses.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:32 PM
link   
When I first came across this I too thought this was part of the Hollywood Divorce process and didn't have an instinct towards conspiracy. All the same if a link between Richards and the 'brotherhood' can be found it would be most interesting indeed and it is still possible.

I'm wondering if Charlie's divorce doesn't have to do with him hanging out at places like ATS too much...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

I agree there ... you're right... you can remove the guilable.

The man is a known drunk, drug addcite, hooker -addict .. whatver else adcitions he has, i wouldn't be surpirsed if he did do what he is accused of.
Even if he was the Pope himself ...it wouldnt surprise me.

President Bush is a known drunk, drug addict...I don't know about hooker addict but. So, if we can vote a man in the PRESIDENCY and find him credible, why can't another man be credible just because he has the same addictions? BTW, just because you get addicted to something doesn't automatically make you an idiot. Your choices in life yes, but not your intellegence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join