It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is China doing up there anyway ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
My statements fit under several, previously posted topics, but I wanted to combine them to reflect my thoughts.

What is China doing up there anyway?

There is nothing up there for them to copy. They used a rocket copied by the russians. Many of their military 'utensils' are copies of america's products. The science they portrey to be doing, is old science. The technology to get the rocket to fly up instead of down, was stolen(given) by(to) them by an american business.

So I am going out on a limb....(hope it doesnt break!)

Lets say North Korea gets more difficult. China already has a border patrol big time, and is currently building on that. So we go to NK to destroy their nuclear efforts. China has the north border blocked, and possibly ready for a front.

China has a polar-orbit satilite. This is not for gps, or cable, or phones, it is for weapon guidance only. And not for one of their neighbors.

China has been playing a currency game. They are manipulating their currency value, while building their gold reserves, and buying euro's. If they were to flip-flop, they could upset the currency market throughout the world. This could de-stabilize many economies.

So why would they be up there?

I feel that if the current world situation accellorates to the point of global war, and maybe keeps us from using our shuttle system, this could be a military ploy. If, as experience shows us, a shuttle were to crash, blow up, or some other un-forseen circumstance were to occur, then our space program would be grounded. Probubly at least for a year, if funded properly.

If we were in economic difficulty, and deeply involved with middle eastern affairs, and the pre-occupied with Nort Korea (pun intended), and something happens to delay our space program, that would leave them the only people with the technology and able-economy to go into orbit.

Maybe a couple of inertia weapons, laser weapons, or old fashion projectiles, could be used to one-by-one pick off our satilites that we so much depend on for our military controls and activities, to say the least national communications and business interests.

Just some thoughts, that seem to be floating around my head.

Just wondering why?

Any thoughts to agree/disagree?

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
why copy?--well the US spends billions on developing stuff, and China just waits until it is proven and then copies it. If I was China I would do the same thing. The regime thinks that they have better uses for the money. Or they can wait for some moron president (Clinton) to sell them secrets. Either way they profit off of our research and skirmishes.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:12 PM
link   

If we were in economic difficulty, and deeply involved with middle eastern affairs, and the pre-occupied with Nort Korea (pun intended), and something happens to delay our space program, that would leave them the only people with the technology and able-economy to go into orbit.

That's not exactly true, because this assumes that ALL manned space missions are unclassified. Just as documents are classified, so are missions & operations in many parts of the world (including the US). Having heard reports of a base on the far side of the moon as well as a black operation consisting of a 24/7/365 orbiting ship loaded with a rotating, quick-response military team, I wouldn't be surprised if the economy system makes no impact at all on these types of operations.

Have you heard about the hypothesis that scalar weapons were used in the explosion of the space shuttle Columbia?

I would love to hear Valhall's take on all of this!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:15 PM
link   
My interpretation, considering that it went off without a hitch, was that this was essentially a public relations move on the part of the Chinese.

The US, even though we are without the Shuttle Launch Platform, still has very powerful space capacity with the X Craft fleet.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I would assume that if scalar weapons were used against the Columbia and the US knew who the guilty party was there would be hell to pay for it....

intelgurl

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Q. Why has China entered the space race?

A. Because it can.

(... along the lines of "Why do dogs lick their balls?")

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl
I would assume that if scalar weapons were used against the Columbia and the US knew who the guilty party was there would be hell to pay for it....

intelgurl

Enter the SARS epidemic, which is now being shown to be genetically targetted specifically to those of Asian decent...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

*edit to insert link*

[Edited on 15-10-2003 by dragonrider]

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

I think the race has ended a long time ago,...and now space seems to have a purpose or intent, with every mission.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'm sure China has some military space projects that have been long in existence. Though I doubt they have gone anywhere near as far as the U.S.'s secret programs.

This launch was a public signaling that China was a strong world power. Even if it is using old technology, this public show was enough to make it known to world.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
This launch was a public signaling that China was a strong world power. Even if it is using old technology, this public show was enough to make it known to world.

Tape delayed...just in case they would have to not admit to something.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
I'm certain there are things that no government agency wants the public to know about that are up in earth's orbit, which is reason enough to tape delay to ensure proper editing of any harmful info.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Its all about Nukes, ICBMs and chess.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Interesting, especially that SARS post. Racism goes deeper than insults I see.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Everything doesn't have some dastardly purpose behind it. Maybe China just wants to join the ranks of spacefaring nation and drum up patriotism on the side.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

I think the race has ended a long time ago,...and now space seems to have a purpose or intent, with every mission.

A race into orbit and to the moon, a mere 240,000 miles, is chicken feed.

The US and Russia can't even put a man on Mars, and yet TV science fiction has had us patrolling other galaxies as do-gooders for over 40 years. What a pathetic species we are.

The space race has not even begun. It is like comparing 2000 ATS Points with 20000 ATS Points (said with a little smirk).

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:30 AM
link   

...20000 ATS Points...

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:31 AM
link   
did anyone else see the (home video)tape on either cnn/fox?

it showed three very high very bright fast moving objects. one was supposedly the chinese craft the other two were moving just as fast but in different directions (i.e zigzags, circles etc). it was filmed in nebraska or something like that.

[Edited on 10-16-2003 by ausconspiracies]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:16 AM
link   
2000 points, and a lunar landing, are better than nothing at all.

But progress derives from ambition. Militarization and advanced weaponry are useless in comparison with charting unchartered cosmic horizons, and feeding a planet.

Space race goals need to be ratcheted a little higher, or else the US space program of the 60s will pale into insignificance up against these new players within 20 years.

BTW Smirkley, I prefer you with the smirk. I will still treat you at the ATS store when points are transferable and useful.

top topics

join