It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Impeachment - The Illinois State Legislature is Preparing to Drop a Bombshell

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
It seems that there's a little-known rule of the US House that a state legislature can initiate impeachment proceedings. And Illinois is planning to do just that.

Illinois General Assembly to Bring Impeachment Charges

Representative Yarbrough stumbled on a little known and never utlitized rule of the US House of Representatives, Section 603 of Jefferson's Manual of the Rules of the United States House of Representatives, which allows federal impeachment proceedings to be initiated by joint resolution of a state legislature. From there, Illinois House Joint Resolution 125 (hereafter to be referred to as HJR0125) was born.

Detailing five specific charges against President Bush including one that is specified to be a felony, the complete text of HJR0125 is copied below at the end of this article.

I certainly hope this is true and I certainly hope I can change my avatar soon!

Text of HJ0125 LRB094 20306 RLC 58347 r HOUSE JOINT RESOLUTION can be found at the link.

And here is Illinois General Assembly page with the Resolution.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
This could be just a bold move due to the fact that elections for congress are near.

I imaging that some rats will jump out of the boat to keep their seats in congress.

So perhaps it will just be a lot of fuss and no ado.

Just to get the unhappy voters in specific politicians good side.

Now if the congress change hands in November I will bet that some kind of procedures will be brought to the table that will include, Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.

But because they are all cut from the same material it probably will go as just another issue that never made it to anything big.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Now they have to get the majority of the Illinois legislature to approve the measure.

MEMORANDUM ON IMPEACHMENT STRATEGY
IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

My sentiments are best done in graphics....behold the fruity primate.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
You go to sleep awhile and you find this out.!!!

Oh happy day is right.

Of course you know what this means- I hope nothing unfortunate happens before the peaches are impeached onto him.

Good news! Good day!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Vermont was looking into the Jefferson's Manual rule too, last month. Haven't seen any update from there though.:

State Dems may push resolution to impeach president

March 29, 2006

By David Gram Associated Press

MONTPELIER — The Democratic state committee will decide in a special meeting April 8 whether to urge Vermont lawmakers to use a little-known provision in U.S. House rules to petition for President Bush's impeachment.

"Jefferson's Manual" lays out several procedures under which the U.S. House can start the impeachment process. Under the Constitution, the House drafts articles of impeachment, which are similar to a set of criminal charges, and the impeachment case is tried in the Senate.

One of the procedures in "Jefferson's Manual" says impeachment proceedings can begin "by charges transmitted from the legislature of a state." Supporters of impeachment have maintained that means Vermont lawmakers could transmit such a message to Congress.

The push for the Vermont Legislature, both houses of which are controlled by Democrats, to transmit a bill of impeachment to the U.S. House is not officially connected with recent town meeting votes in at least six Vermont communities calling for Vermont's lone congressman, Rep. Bernard Sanders, to push for impeachment proceedings to begin.

Jefferson rocks.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:01 AM
link   
the last article is dated March 29.....what's the matter with congress...they haven't changed this law yet??? God. things must be falling apart in washington if the republican controlled house and senate can't change one little law in defense of their dear president. or maybe their president isn't so dear to them anymore???
I hope this works, but well, I'll believe it when I see it. the current setup in washington at the moment seems to give me the impression that we could have a 90% vote from the people to get these guys out of office and they all would tell us to shut up and go away or something. I mean, those are some serious charges, all done under the watchful eye of the congress....even aided by them. the only reason why bush still isn't just getting his automatic rubber stamp on all his bills is that elections are coming up and the people aren't happy with the current state of things. congress has a less fans than the president does.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Vermont, Illinois, and we can add Pennsylvania to the list:

Impeachment From Below: Legislators Lobby Congress

There's no question that Vermont is in the lead, but legislators in other states are also exploring their options for pressuring Congress to act on articles of impeachment. A trio of Democratic state representatives in Illinois -- Karen A. Yarbrough and Sara Feigenholtz from the Chicago area and Eddie Washington from Waukegan -- have introduced a measure similar to the one Zuckerman is preparing in Vermont.

The bill urges the Illinois General Assembly to "submit charges to the U. S. House of Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the President of the United States, George W. Bush, for willfully violating his Oath of Office to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States and if found guilty urges his removal from office and disqualification to hold any other office in the United States."

In Pennsylvania, State Senator Jim Ferlo, D-Pittsburgh, has launched a public campaign urging his constituents to sign petitions calling for Congress to launch an impeachment inquiry. Ferlo, a former Pittsburgh City Council president, says its entirely appropriate for state officials -- and citizens -- to add their voices to the impeachment debate.

"Impeachment proceedings are now the most important issue facing our nation," the state senator explains. "The debate and opinions expressed should not be limited to the views of journalists, legal scholars, intelligence officials and just a few politicians. Every American must confront this issue and speak out loudly and clearly. This is one opportunity to do so."

It'd be great to see Jr. get his comeupance from the People. But I'm sure Congress is very well aware of what we'll be left with... Cheney.

His crimes must be dealt with too. And this could be one reason Congress is treading carefully on this issue?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Is this for real?????

I must still be asleep......

"There's no place like home...There's no place like home...There's no place like home..."

*slowly opens one eyelid*

Is he gone yet?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   
With any luck, prophesy will fulfill itself. After all, he's not supposed to finish his term.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I doubt this will go anywhere at all. It's merely an election year tactic to try to drum up votes, and make it seem that the do-nothing Democratic party is actually concerned with anything more than keeping their own jobs.

Regenmacher, how does that childish image contribute anything to the discussion?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Haha these impeach bush threads slay me
He is dug in like an alabama tick and he aint going anywhere. All we can do is ride this nightmare out for 3 more years and pray that dr evil aka cheney doesnt arise to the throne. Talk about jumping from the pan into the fire.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I know I would like to see an honest to goodness independent investigation of the entire White House and Congress......Republicans and Democrats both.

But it wont do any good......if the Dems find out the Reps were sacrificing babies to Satan......the Reps will just point out the Dems do the same thing but with a duller knife....everyone will point their fingers at each other........the people will rally around their side............and not a damned thing will be done.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Amok, you're right.

But, we need a "change". I'll take the lesser of two evils, i dont care if
its a Republican, Democrat or whatever party it is.
AS long as they can preside over the country and make me feel they are working for the people on some capacity, even if they are fattening up male babies in the basement of the White House.

Its better than this.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Oops-double post

[edit on 24-4-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
Regenmacher, how does that childish image contribute anything to the discussion?

It's called Gallows Humor in the face of a dire situation, as opposed bitterness, anal retentiveness and bewailing about the Bush implosion. When it's all said and done the nation as a whole will move on and learn to laugh at its worst mistake in presidential history. I understand some folks just take longer than others, before they discover humor is better than anger.

FOX Poll: Gloomy Economic Views; Bush Approval at New Low of 33%

Neil Young Talks About New Song "Let’s Impeach the President"

California Becomes Second State to Introduce Bush Impeachment

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Regenmacher]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Keep up the good work. I want you to know you are the provider of some of my computer backgrouds..

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
HERE IS A LIST OF MEDIA ADDRESSES THAT YOU CAN SEND EMAILS TO DEMANDING THEY SUPPORT THE CALL FOR STATE LEGISLATURES TO PASS RESOLUTIONS FOR IMPEACHMENT

www.rumormillnews.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Though this IS good news...

We're still screwed. We have the bionic demon Cheney (who I think is REALLY pulling the strings
) next in line. Even if we got him, we have the Democrats in the same pocket as the GOP. They'll just screw us at a different angle.

HOWEVER, we wouldn't have to stare at Bush's ugly mug anymore, and THAT would be great!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Truth,

At this point,
another position ^ is better than the
current one.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Great thread. Great news.

...and great grafix regenmacher. Good lines too - like "fruity primate" and your too true observation, "Humor is better than anger."

Oh yeah. I really truly hope this is true and somebody will take responsibility, somewhere, and ACT!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join