It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Lennon: Dead on Pay-Per-View!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I think the article pretty much speaks for itself...

LOL!

Source

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - A controversial television seance airing on Monday will claim it has reached the spirit of John Lennon, but viewers will have to pay $9.95 to find out what the peace-loving Beatle has to say.

The special, being carried on pay-TV service In Demand, was organized by the producers of a 2003 attempt to channel the late Princess Diana. That show failed to find Diana and received reviews that could have sunk the Titanic but it is estimated to have grossed close to $8 million.

Sight unseen, the Lennon effort has been attacked by the late Beatle's friends and fans as a tasteless effort to profit from his assassination 25 years ago. But producers say they are hoping to lure an audience that now loves such prime-time network TV shows as "Ghost Whisperer" and "Medium."

Well, if anybody cares to put out the ten bucks, will you let us know how it is?

They claim to have captured a Lennon EVP. Needless to say, I'm a bit skeptical of this.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This is absolutely sickening!
If these people had an ounce of sense they would remember what Lennon said about the Maharishi guy ( Eventually ) and obviously this is paraphrased but Lennon said of the Maharishi!

" No so called mystic is going to get a golden goose out of me "

I would imagine in the afterlife John Lennon would be of the same attitude and think along the same lines and not appear, thus ensuring the programme is a total flop!

Just my two cents!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, it would be no different than the free shows shown on Discovery or the History channel, Ghost hauntings and the like.

I wouldnt pay. I'll wait till they show it on regular tv.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I respect your opinion, but the difference is, those discovery and history channels don't ( as far as i know ) try to exploit a well known person who has died!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Who's to say they contacted John anyway. If they did contact something, it could be an entity that is pretending to be John or some demon of the like. Also, anyone heard if the family is involved, I doubt it. All ranting aside, I'd love to watch it just to make fun of it, but I'm not spending any money, so I'll have to wait.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:05 PM
link   
it is pretty dumb, i mean this is the same thing as people in the 1920's? i believe when they really got into Spirits an such, an there was a mass of people selling Spirit talking machines, an having sessions to contact people, an all kinds of Phoney crap!, i mean i always look at it this way, If its devine, an needs to be told, most likely it will be FREE, lol When u charge you lose my respect in anything that should be Spiritual!
now most just stick to phones an internet to scam u in this field, so many other gifted people dont charge an they are the ones who seem legit, its always when u run into a Money venture of this sort that u get a phoney vibe.

I wonder how big a ghost purse is?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:41 PM
link   
This looks like a publicity stunt. If this is fake, its rather insulting to use John Lennon in it, don't you think? Ah so in the article it does say alot of his fans are upset by this. Not surprising.

JAK

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This topic is already available here:
Please add any further contribution to the existing thread.

Thank you.

Closing...

Jak

[edit on 28/4/06 by JAK]

top topics

join