It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Conservative pigs will eventually kill you

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 09:31 PM
link   
********INCOMING RANT********

**********1100 zulu***********

Bush has slashed funding for stem cell research because it is "unethical". Well maybe he can tell you that when your loved one dies from cancer because finding a cure is "unethical".

How can anyone support a person, party, or group that discourages scientific research for the good of the people? This research could save millions of lives, and instead this bumbling moron decided to cut funding.

Maybe he could use the money for more important things like building more bombs and churches!

Or maybe Bush and the corporations don't want to find a cure. The Pharmaceutical industry makes billions of dollars off of the American people. Profit would go down for sure wouldn't it?

Let's all put down our microscopes and stop research because its evil! Instead, let's grab the Bible and pray that the diseases will go away! Go Team Bush!

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 01:29 AM
link   
Do I detect a not of hostile sarcasm in your post...

At any rate, the message behind your sarcasm is one I can agree with...To certain limitations. Research *should* go forward for the purpose of helping to heal injuries or cure sicknesses (physical or mental), but only for the sake of helping a person regain what was lost through an accident in life or during birth. Those who would use such research merely for the sake of trying to find "immorality" or for cosmetic reasons (such as cloning an organ bank to extend your lifespan, for example) should not be done...This is when such research has gone over the line of remaining "ethical or moral".

But you just *know* that the self-proclaimed "elite" of society will use it just for cosmetic purposes...And everyone else be damned if they can't even afford the research for healing purposes.

Hey, I *know* how such bastards think...I've looked at my own darkside & it dosgusted me. But I know that I can also use it's very nature for knowledge to help protect myself from the darkness that's within others...

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Stem cell research is unethical, the way the stem cells are gotten is unethical and wrong. Flash for you, were this nation, this world, as a matter of fact, grab a Bible, read it, and pray earnestly, you'd have your socks knocked clean off by the results. There are answers out there, and they do not involve the murder of the most innocent.

Building more bombs and churches? Why say incorrect things? Where is the first church he has built? Huh? As far as bombs, we'd better be building more, we're going to need them.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PolskieWojsko
Or maybe Bush and the corporations don't want to find a cure. The Pharmaceutical industry makes billions of dollars off of the American people. Profit would go down for sure wouldn't it?

You hit the nail right on the head with that one. The pharmaceutical companies havent found a cure for anything in a looooonnnngggg time. Because there is no money to be made in the cure. Only in the treatment. They would rather you take a pill everyday to control a dissease rather than create a one time use vaccine that will cure you. Pharmaceutical companies are the devil.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:14 AM
link   
thomas crown
maybe if bush would fund some cloning research stem cells would no longer have to be "gotten" as u say, they could be cloned as many times as u like, what is un-ethical about that? savings lives by harming noone

they just want to make diseases liveable not cureable

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Mr. Crowne, most of the stem cells would be destroyed anyway. Why not put them to good use? Why do you condemn this?

Is it because your ignorant?

Is it because you need the money for "more bombs" as you say?

Is it because anytime you start to hear anything about genetics you automatically associate it with "Evil"?

Or is it because it doesn't affect you? You don't have the life threatening disease, why should you care? All you have to do is condemn any form of genetic altering so you can hitch a ride to heaven, while the other poor bastard is suffering from your disgusting selfishness?

Maybe in the end, the creator will judge you by how good of a person you are, and not by how well you follow a book written by man who could never understand something so much more powerful than himself.

Think before you speak this time...

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by PolskieWojsko]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
You hit the nail right on the head with that one. The pharmaceutical companies havent found a cure for anything in a looooonnnngggg time. Because there is no money to be made in the cure. Only in the treatment. They would rather you take a pill everyday to control a dissease rather than create a one time use vaccine that will cure you. Pharmaceutical companies are the devil.

YES YES YES!!! I'm conservative, but what the hell I'll join in against the pharmacies. Pharmacies are like an company. They are out for their own good, not for the good of the people. They don't care if the person is relieved of his depression! No, they merely want to make money.

HOWEVER. The rest of Polskie's post seems... odd. Technically the government shouldn't even be doing the research. You want to research a cure for cancer go find yourself a bigass university and get that to fund you. The government funding research on cures for cancer, etc. is just going to drive the deficit up.

Also, I think stem cell is wrong. The harvesting is wrong, although the cause is a just one. Does the end justify the means, tho? Not in this case.

Also in agreement with TC, we're gonna need those bombs. Hate to sound like a doomsayer, but WWIII is on our doorstep. We need those big guns like we need a capable president. And since when was building churches a government job? That's up to the people who want the church built, not the government.

A rant yes, one that makes sense overall, no.

Signing off,
HLW

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Stem cell research is unethical, the way the stem cells are gotten is unethical and wrong.

Granted, there's a lot to what you're implying here...But what if they could harvest only the stem cells from natural still-births to continue the research? Would that be more palatable for you?

It's not the research itself that you're railing against...It's the source of the research *material* that you can't deal with. At least be honest enough to say it...

So instead of seeing research being done from those already dead, you'd rather take money away from perfectly valid medical research to make more bombs to kill those which are still living?

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Yes, I agree with you that the stem cells should be collected in a moral manner. Such research could be beneficial to millions of people around the world for life saving purposes.

"grab a Bible, read it, and pray earnestly, you'd have your socks knocked clean off by the results. "

I have read parts of the bible and even studied it at one time. I had trouble finding the part that tells us the cure for cancer though.... maybe if we keep reading it will pop out!?!?

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PolskieWojsko
********INCOMING RANT********

**********1100 zulu***********

Bush has slashed funding for stem cell research because it is "unethical". Well maybe he can tell you that when your loved one dies from cancer because finding a cure is "unethical".

How can anyone support a person, party, or group that discourages scientific research for the good of the people? This research could save millions of lives, and instead this bumbling moron decided to cut funding.

Maybe he could use the money for more important things like building more bombs and churches!

Let's all put down our microscopes and stop research because its evil! Instead, let's grab the Bible and pray that the diseases will go away! Go Team Bush!

WHOAA!! Don't rant on conservatives just because of Bush!! Maybe it is unethical (though I don't think so), I'm not a conservative, I'm what I'll call a Militarist because well... I don't see anyone representing what I think.

But still! Don't slam them because of Bush, I think that's a dumb idea too!!

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Well Thomas, I did pick up the bible long ago, read the whole damn thing, and youre right! It knocked the socks right off me, and now here I am, an Athiest.

Mark Twain once said the best cure for Christianity was to read the bible. It did it for me.

But, your post is good, Polskie. And now you see the problem in America. Our govornment would rather squander money supporting countries like Israel, wasting money sending troops into questionable conflicts, squandering our wealth, embezzling the money, than actually using it to say fund research into things like finding new renweable ebergy sources to get us out of the stranglehold of middle eastern oil. They would rather spend the money financing military contractors to supply us with a bunch of overpriced military toys, instead of spending it improving the quality of our soldiers, thier training, and overhauling our military. They wish to spend the money ensuring our enemies grow more powerful, while we weaken ourselves, our lovely conservative right wing religious #s in power basically think that completely destroying and selling America out to the highest bidder is much more imporatant, and by golly, as you can see, we have an endless supply of conservative cattle who want to cheer them on while they do it!

Of course, its not fair to tear up just the conservative idiots. Lets not forget the liberal idiots want foreign troops on our soil, wish to spend our money funding useless lazy people, failed social programs, pet projects, and indoctination at the school level.

So whether we have a conservative # like Bush or a liberal traitor like Clinton, this country will continue to be ruled by a bunch of murdering greedy traitorus bastards who in a sane world would be dangling from the end of a rope.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
...this country will continue to be ruled by a bunch of murdering greedy traitorus bastards who in a sane world would be dangling from the end of a rope.

Just like I've been saying here for months...Who cares about bi-partisan politics & labels like "conservative" or "liberal"?...It does not matter which party wins the majority because the People still lose. The politicians purposely condone bipartisanship among the population because it keeps us divided against each other so that we don't become united against the *real* threat that sits behind the government.

...Divide & Conquer, indeed!...

[Edited on 18-10-2003 by MidnightDStroyer]

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by banjoechef
thomas crown
maybe if bush would fund some cloning research stem cells would no longer have to be "gotten" as u say, they could be cloned as many times as u like, what is un-ethical about that? savings lives by harming noone

they just want to make diseases liveable not cureable

Were it possible to do it without any harm to the innocent, I'm for it.

As far as the desires of the drug-pushing industry, I agree with you.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
THAT IS "FETAL STEM CELL RESEARCH" AND HARVESTING TISSUE FROM ABORTED BABIES TO HELP OTHER PEOPLE IS UNETHEICAL. STEM CELL RESEARCH IN ITSELF IS NOT UNETHICAL. GEE WHIZ GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.

How about someonje kill you and take your stem cells without your persmission. Would that be more ethical. Lets ask Hitlers aborted clone what he thinks?

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
MD,

yes it is a game of division but the real problem is the selfishness and weakness in the vast majority of people.

There will be no agreement or cooperation until everyone can see what is 'negative' in themselves first before seeing it in others.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
"How about someonje kill you and take your stem cells without your persmission. Would that be more ethical. Lets ask Hitlers aborted clone what he thinks? "

What about the stem cells that are going to be destroyed anyway? Instead of throwing them away, we should use them. If I had to die, I'd rather die for a noble cause.

Na Zdrowie!

new topics

top topics

join