It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New and Improved ATSNN Launches Today

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

A New And Improved ATSNN.com!

We're dusting off a completely revised ATSNN news portal today, completely rewritten and redesigned to echo our new ATS design standards.

www.atsnn.com...

The new home page design has a much stronger "news" feel and should do well to represent ATS as we present our analysis of breaking news.

Lower-level pages are still undergoing some minor design refinement, but are close enough for a "soft launch" today. Also, the "contributors" page is not yet ready for prime time.

An interesting new feature (also undergoing design refinement) is the archive function that enables users to review all ATSNN.com articles for any given month since the site launch.

Simplified New Voting Process

From this point forward, the only options available to members is a "yes" vote, or "alert". There are no other options as we desire to focus more on getting your analysis of breaking news up on ATSNN.com than we are with alternative viewpoints on why the news may not fit.

An increased number of ATSNN.com moderators and staff have access to a management tool that enables us to decide the priority of articles on the news home page, alter topics, and upgrade important submissions immediately.

And finally, headlines no longer need to have the topic prefix such as "NEWS" or "POLITICS".

Submissions are enabled again. Enjoy!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   
w00t!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Outstanding!!!! Well done!!!

This is awesome!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:48 PM
link   
3 Cheers to the ATS Three Amigos!

But what was with the mistitled u2u?

Stop cutting and pasting!!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I can dig it

I like this new look....looks more newsy

Sporty

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   
WOW!!!

This is outstanding.

Did i say i love it????

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Looks nice, but the buttons in the top row, AboveTopSecret, BelowTopSecret, etc., etc., don't link to where I'd assume they would.

They don't link to anything.

edit = keyboard malfunction.

[edit on 4/23/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Nice. I like it with the bluish header.

Two things tho, it should be word wrapped in some places. Like, in the HUMOR: Pres. Bush Knows Who Hu is article, there's the source of an image that stretches the entire page out. And the header images don't link to the other ATS sites.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Whoa, I had never gone there before, so I just went and looked, thanks to the u2u. Looks great, love the "newsy" style. I'm going to have to visit often now.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia

And the header images don't link to the other ATS sites.

They have just fixed the linking problem. Everything is well.

Keep up the good work, SO.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   
I like the new look.
It is a little big for 1024 x 768, but I'm sure that'll be quickly fixed.

I like the changes to the submission policy. I've waited a long time for some changes to that.

Not really sure I need the fart button though.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Um, where's the SUBMIT button?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by makeitso
I like the new look.
It is a little big for 1024 x 768, but I'm sure that'll be quickly fixed.

The site is designed to be just over 1,000 pixels wide:

Can you U2U me a full-sized screen shot of what you're seeing?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What's the function of the Alert button?

And it costs 10 points if you choose it?

If there is no longer a NO option, then what is the purpose of the YES button?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
It appears as though the width issue is IE-Windows only. I can't reproduce it on my IE 5.0 for mac.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
It appears as though the width issue is IE-Windows only. I can't reproduce it on my IE 5.0 for mac.

No biggie, imho.

Of course I keep my monitor at 1280 x 1024.

Mechanic 32.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 03:00 PM
link   
It should be fixed now.

The issue was a long reference URL with a new IM image tag in the intro portion of a story.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
What's the function of the Alert button?

And it costs 10 points if you choose it?

If there is no longer a NO option, then what is the purpose of the YES button?

Yes - what is the point of being able to say "yes" if you can't say "no"? On the other hand, it sure will cut down on the drama of authors b****ing about NO votes that may or may not make any sense. (which many people, including myself, have been guilty of in the past).

One other question - how do we let the author know about errors and problems with the submissions? I wouldn't think 'they' would want us to distract from discussion about the actual story with debates on the quality of the writing, etc. (something I've also been guilty of).

Any guidance on this amigos^3?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Now it looks more like what we expect News to look like. Much better guys!!

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChemicalLaser
Yes - what is the point of being able to say "yes" if you can't say "no"?

By not voting yes, you are voting no.

Far too many people vote no because they disagree with the story politically or something. They aren't voting on the relevance of the news, rather whether they 'like' it or not.

On the other hand, it sure will cut down on the drama of authors b****ing about NO votes that may or may not make any sense.

Exactly.

One other question - how do we let the author know about errors and problems with the submissions?

Uh... by not voting for it? That's my plan.

People should be EXTRA diligent when submitting an ATSNN story. The grammar and spelling should be checked and rechecked as if handing in a report for an important project or an editorial for a newspaper. It's not anyone's job to check for spelling, grammar and format errors but the author.

ATSNN submissions take more care than a regular post and they should be error free. Or very close to it.

JMO

[edit on 23-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join