It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latino Activists Record US anthem in Spanish?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Otherwise, they'll destroy this country, with their tasty food, fun music, and curvy women!! Arghhh!

Hey I never said I had a problem with the artists, it is their purpose for doing the song that I object too. I have no problem with doing the song as long they maintain the original lyrics. As for the food??? Whens the next plane to Mallorca? Paella Yum YUM.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Ahaha I swear I think you people who complain about this just want to complain to have something to complain about. The fact of the matter is, these immigrants are here to stay. Their numbers are going to grow, their influence on politics and culture will grow, and so will the number of American families who are intermarrying and having multi-cultural children with them.

It is inevitable. I think they should remix it with daddy yankee putting his own spin on it. I would definetly jam it on my 15" subwoofers in the car! Look we love America. Many are fighting to stay here. Our country is beautiful and awesome. Our population will swell to beyond just a "minority"in the coming years, no matter how many walls, how big they are, or how many boats you keep on your coasts.

Want a job picking fruit? Fine learn to live witht heir pay and be happy with it. Most of them are happy with what they get. Maybe its a sign some of us should be happy with less.

I love the beat, keep the REMIXES coming. I want to hear a Reggea version of it, I want to hear an African tribal remix. I want to hear every remix we can make, from every other immigrant group and their native cultures because that is true unity and multi-culterism. Thats called accepting people and their views and their cultures.

We should stop this "this is our version from our culture and you must not change the beat, even though the song represents the freedom to be allowed to do such things. Assimilate and abandon your ideas!!"
Silly people life is too short to be worried about the chicos creating their own beat to a country both of you love.

Seriously though, I definetly want to hear a reggae beat and some others too. In fact, I want to hear something with a beat from arabic type music. Sure you can call me a terrorist, ill will enjoy it none-theless.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I would like to hear a country, rock or hip hop remix of Puerto Rico's, Mexico's and Spain's national anthems in English... Would be fun.. Dontcha think??

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
I would like to hear a country, rock or hip hop remix of Puerto Rico's, Mexico's and Spain's national anthems in English... Would be fun.. Dontcha think??

Mexico's National Anthem doesn't even sound like Hispanic Music!
What a disappointment... No wonder they want a different one! This one is pretty sad. I think they should remix IT while they're at it.

Listen Here

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
aaah, let the people sing and dance and be mary, for tomarrow thay might be in mexico.

i kinda like a latin beat anyway, la cooka racha, la cooka rocaha
and the home of the brave?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:01 PM
link   
What a disappointment... No wonder they want a different one! This one is pretty sad. I think they should remix IT while they're at it.

whooly crap its no wonder thay are running for the boarder..

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
What a disappointment...

Sounds like it's still from colonial times... In fact lots of latin countries have marching music in their national anthems if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:14 PM
link   
"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

"For an American citizen to vote as a German-American, an Irish-American, or an English-American, is to be a traitor to American institutions"
- Theodore Roosevelt

Hope the senators listen up... Many of those "illegal immigrant rights" protestors aren't protesting in the interest of America nor the American people, but rather the interests of seeing more Hispanics in America. They wave Mexican flags, speak in Spanish, and calling for Europeans to leave America. Boy... if Teddy Roosevelt was here today, he would not be a very happy man.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
I hated the Macarena too, but I didn't blame the Mexicans

Yeah, especially because it was made in Mexico you know...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Listen Here

Ah great minds think a like Benevolent. I was wondering the very same last night while laying bed. So this morning I went looking and found World Anthems

It has them all and none of the Latino/Spanish nations have a Latin beat. That Includes them all although I may have missed one or two, Argentina, Brazil, Bolivia right on up the alphabet and not one of them have a Latin beat, in fact several sound almost identical.

It is for that reason I have now come to the conclusion this is all a conspiracy started by the artists in support of the Illegal immigrants to take over the US.

If I am right
I think their plan is to embed subliminal messages in the lyrics and/or music to take over our minds partially at first, the rest comes later as they spread their other new songs which of course will be written with intelligence gathered from the illegals already here. I figure it will be a step by step process that they may still be working on, while awaiting deportation in prison trains or detention centers around the US, just in case one plan does not work then they will go to plan b, c, etc until they rule us all.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by shots
It has them all and none of the Latino/Spanish nations have a Latin beat.

Well, that explains the need for several remixes, then, wouldn't you say?
I must say, I think some of the Latin countries should take their own anthems and remix them with a Latin beat. It's catchy, huh?

But rarely do people do what I think or wish they would.

So I just state my case, knowing people are gonna do what they wanna do and let it go.

It is for that reason I have now come to the conclusion this is all a conspiracy started by the artists in support of the Illegal immigrants to take over the US.

*BH composes herself*

Interesting theory, shots... And if I had an award for the most 'out there' conspiracy I've heard in a while, I'd be obligated to give it to you.

Yeah, interesting theory. It's just a silly theory...

*BH looks over shoulder for suspicious Latinos*

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
All right... I'll come clean with all of you here.
I am Mexican, and we do have a plot to take over the U.S.A.
First we started with your farms, than your fast food restaurants and we
will keep on moving on the ranks until we take it all for ourselves....

Sheesh... some people just have way too much time to worry.
Life is too short to worry about things like that my fellow human.
Stop worrying over a bening piece of music. Thats all it will ever be.
How about we focus on something a bit more important for the long run,
like say uuummm i dont know... alternative fuels, or cancer, or how about
a subject matter that wont fizzle out in more than just a couple of weeks???

Subliminal messaging.... oh boy theyre onto us. Now if we could perfect
the latin beat so that itll do more than just make most humans shake their
groove thing...

[edit on 4/25/2006 by Pjpuas]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:49 AM
link   

*BH composes herself*

Interesting theory, shots... And if I had an award for the most 'out there' conspiracy I've heard in a while, I'd be obligated to give it to you.

Yeah, interesting theory. It's just a silly theory...

*BH looks over shoulder for suspicious Latinos*

How/Why is it silly? the detainment camps are already being built and it does fit the definition of a conspiracy theory which by the way are all misconceived, paranoid or outlandish rumors.

Spots TG and Marg walking close behind BH who are currently under suspicion as covert agents who are thought to be posing as Americans

[edit on 4/25/2006 by shots]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I was trying to be funny... Sort of talking myself into the idea that it's only a theory, while suspecting that you may be right. But it was all in jest.

I see how you feel about this issue and that's ok with me. We just disagree. I just don't care and I don't think a Latin-flavored anything is going to hurt me. I don't buy that it's an indication of anything.

I really do think you should think about how the Muslims were 'offended' by the cartoon because they hold Mohammed so dear and someone was 'making fun' or 'disrespecting' them by making a cartoon of him.

You're doing the same thing. Something that is precious to you... some THING is being 'disrespected' in your eyes and I know you're not killing people over it, but the idea is the same...

Just don't let the people have the power to upset you over a SONG! Or do whatever you want, but that's my feeling on it.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I really do think you should think about how the Muslims were 'offended' by the cartoon because they hold Mohammed so dear and someone was 'making fun' or 'disrespecting' them by making a cartoon of him.

You cannot compare the cartoon issue to this BH that is like comparing apples to oranges. Cartoons are meant to be humorous.

However this stunt they are pulling is being done with one intention in mind and that is to fund and support illegals.

I also have a very deep concern over the two suspected covert ops and what they post here on ATS. If my suspicions are correct what appears to be typos are actually a kind of subliminal code they are using to brain wash us for upcoming operations.

Now you better keep a close eye out behind you

I see Marg and TG sneaking up on you. Rumors are they plan to stuff you with burritos as big as your head, so you cannot talk or walk.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Dude, I live in New Mexico! Southern New Mexico. On a clear day I can see the border. If the wind's right, I can spit on it! I'm about as 'influenced' as a white girl can get!

As regads comparing the cartoon to a song, if you think the intent of those cartoons was humor, you either don't know the background of the story or else you're just kidding yourself. They were made with a very specific purpose and it wasn't to make people laugh.

And if cartoons are meant to be humorous, then songs are meant for singing! Get with it, man! Sing along. Follow the bouncing ball!

Are you serious about that covert ops stuff? I thought that was your attempt at humor!

Marge and dg are 2 of my very favorite people on the board. I guess they are ready to wrap me up!
Lots of hot sauce please! The hotter, the better!

Keep 'em comin', shots, I need more laughter today!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   

As regads comparing the cartoon to a song, if you think the intent of those cartoons was humor, you either don't know the background of the story or else you're just kidding yourself. They were made with a very specific purpose and it wasn't to make people laugh.

Ok got to get serious here for a minute. (hot sauce and covert ops later)

I was referring to the cartoons that were published only by the Danes orginally, I want that to be specific.

The offensive cartoons were the ones that radical Islamics inserted and then claimed were released by the Danes and that is not true.

At least that is my understanding how the offensive ones got into the mix.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
For those of you who may not have heard BHs first version of the Anthem you better well get your butts right on over here and check out her latest and greatest Emmy winner. Standing Ovations all around

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots
I was referring to the cartoons that were published only by the Danes orginally, I want that to be specific.

Yes, so was I. I thought you may not be aware of the full story.

The original Danish Cartoons were made because a Danish writer couldn't find anyone to illustrate his children's books about Islam, because of the taboo against depicting Mohammad. The Danish newspaper, finding this an interesting taboo, and being curious about self-censorship and Freedom of Speech, decided to do a story about it and found several people to depict their interpretation of Mohammad. The paper printed these drawings with their story. The one with the bomb on Mohammad's head was among them.

So the purpose of these cartoons was not to make people laugh, it was a political statement, having to do with censorship and Freedom of Speech.

The Real Story

And thanks.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I would be more than happy to make a Paella, my dead uncle's recipe direct from Spain.

I think Shots is onto me.

It is really all in fun, and life shouldnt be taken so seriously. BH, thank you for the compliment. I'll tell my cousin Marg, she'll be pleased.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join