It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The debate is over - bananas prove god

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Tommytrouble
You sir have converted me to FSM, yes I am now a Pastafarian.
What with Kirk Cameron's compelling banana argument I found my self in desperate need of some way to praise my creator, and there you were with the answer.
Now let us all take a moment to give thanks to our creator the Flying Spaghetti Monster

RAmen

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
...food does seem designed to be readily eaten by those that eat it... The evolutionist would say that the animal developed to eat the food but is the food developed for its own best advantage then?

Yes, it is. Obviously. An animal eats the fruit. It carries the seeds inside its gut and excretes them some distance away. New trees grow. Thus fruit bears fruit: so the species is propagated.

It's a simple idea, really, and Great-Uncle Charlie explained it clearly enough.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by police_officer339
hmmmmm
Bananas
Mankind
Debate
hmmmm
what would Freud say?

Freud: "do you accept the phallacy of evolution"

If you can handle the temporary loss of even more IQ points, here's evolution 101 according to "the way of the master"...

Evolution101

As you can see they made a great effort to find the top evolutionary experts in the US to answer the important questions, whilst regurgitating kent hovind-like criticisms...

[edit on 24-4-2006 by melatonin]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:26 AM
link   
what the hell...bananas...they are good to eat (well not now since they are above $5 a kilo here) then again so is a lot of other stuff...but really what is the big deal over bananas?

[edit on 25-4-2006 by armageddonbeliever]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yea, and I guess the coconut was designed to drive us crazy or designed to make us figure out howto create tools to crack it open.

Although in the bible, plants were made first. So in essence, we were designed to eat the banana, not the other way around. Then again, there are other places on the human body the banana can fit and yet (hopefully) we don't put them there!

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Prot0n]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 01:30 AM
link   
melatonin.....WTF man!!!!!!!!!!!! Now my brain cells are dying fast than they can regenerate!!!!!!!!! Better go play some video games to stimulate thier growth ;-) .........Dude! I just watched Evolution 101 staring Kirk Cameron?????????????? WHOA DUDES!!!!!!!!! Kirk musta exceeded his: Crack, Heroin, Meth, Quaalude, Weed, Vicoden, caffeine, Nicotine, Lighter Fluid, Airplane Glue, Paint Fume, Carbon monoxide, Methyl Ethyl Ketone, X-Ray, Neutron, Alpha-Beta Particle, Heavy Water, Prozac, Cisplatinum, Cytoxan, sodium hypochlorite, hydrogen peroxide , Stachybotrys, Anthrax, Chlordane, lead, mercury, and arsenic quota's all in one day in the not too distant past! (I'm sure I must have miss'd a few there, but I think I got the bulk of them
)

Kirk has lost it guys...... but there may be hope for the boy still..........he needs to go to the FSM website and pray for his sanity back................ www.venganza.org/index.htm

Let's just hope for Kirk's sake that the FSM does not turn a Blind Meatball to Kirk and will still touch him with one of his healing Noodly Appendages
..........Aaaaaahhhhhhuuuuummmm............ Thank you FSM...Let us all Pray ..........

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That was fantastic. Cant but help smile at the logic put in. I guess you call such people over analytical.......i read in one of the post that they had the website. This is war. God save the atheists....

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
So out of the thousands of foodstuffs, the god squad find the banana the proof of intelligent design.

How do they explain pomegranate, coconut, walnut well we could all name some examples. As has been mentioned the banana, in common with most food eaten in the west today, has been produced by selective farming techniques. Does this make man the master of intelligent design?

Not forgetting that animals have been been also selectively produced for desirable characteristics.

Surely animal flesh would also be more conveniently packaged, by intelligent design, rather than chase after a large bovine beast, bring it to the ground, kill it then eat it. In this example we have improved the flavor and reduced the risk of contamination by cooking. Is cooking intelligent design? We know the ancients ate meat, didn't even the fairy story of the bible mention choosing between cloven and uncloven beasts?

Had a quick look at the website, looks like another religious sales pitch to me. A link takes you to Living Waters where you can spend $99 dollars for a starter pack. Snake oil salesmen unite.

I assume after years of ramming christianity down our throats by violence they look to the Vatican and realise real power is money.

I really must think up a similar scam. Anyone thought about celery?Quite easy to eat and its texture helps to clean your teeth, intelligent design proof that you don't need dentists.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I'm with bsbray, I absolutely HATE this kind of propaganda and it's because people have been bugging me about it ALL MY LIFE. I don't care what other people have for a religion or beliefs, but when they start acting like they know what's best for me, I just wonder what they think is sitting atop my neck. Why do they think theirs is automatically better than mine?

Kirk Cameron hasn't been what I'd call sane since he got religion. He's a major religion pusher. I hate him. He did all that Left Behind crap. Of course I'm pissed about that because I thought it was science fiction and it would have made a great sci-fi story, but he ruined it with propaganda. We rented that crap! Ugh! I hate Kirk Cameron!

Now to the banana. It's all been said. Except for the idea that everything that lives has some kind of 'intelligence'. Your pinky finger has the intelligence to be a pinky finger. It's not JUST a wiggly for the brain to operate. The fingernail is in just the right place, it always bends the right way, there's some kind of 'intelligence' there.

Same with a banana. It's a really cool thing, but that doesn't 'prove' that there's some external intelligence behind it. It has the 'intelligence' to be a banana. This whole world operates in concert to sustain itself and the life that lives on it. There doesn't have to be an external intelligence. It's all here.

I just saw the banana part of the film and had to come back to say this:
files.abovetopsecret.com..." border=0>

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   
When I read bananas prove god I thought the bananas were the christians

Why have they selected one of the most phalus like fruit to prove the point??

Anyhow I thought that yellow was one of the warning colors of nature? Surely the good lord wouldnt have used this colour for one of fruits that proved intelligent design therefore god??

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   
If you poke your finger into the middle of a 'nana it will split into 3 parts so you can share it equally with 2 of your friends. Are monkeys able to figure that out? I think not.

(P.S. The only reason I know this is 'cause I played Worms:Armageddon, and one of the weapons is a banana bomb and people had long interesting discussions on bananas for some reason.)

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:23 PM
link   
It strikes me as odd, the extreme difference in character between the pro intelligent design, and the pro evolutionist.

Pro ID - Carries "preacher" mentality into all aspects of their life. Feels they must push their beliefs on the rest of the population. Unable to step back for a moment and consider the other persons point of view. In their opinion they are right. Period.

Pro Evo. - Generally has a broader outlook on life. Easygoing. Has his beliefs but isnt obsessed with pushing them as fact. "When my views are proved, then they are proved. If not, so be it. I can accept i was wrong and must theorise new idea into how the universe was created". Can be unbiased at times yet strongly opinionated.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ViolatoR
If you poke your finger into the middle of a 'nana it will split into 3 parts so you can share it equally with 2 of your friends. Are monkeys able to figure that out? I think not.

(P.S. The only reason I know this is 'cause I played Worms:Armageddon, and one of the weapons is a banana bomb and people had long interesting discussions on bananas for some reason.)

If you had a million monkeys with a million typwriters and a million bananas, you can bet that the next day you wish you had insurance on most of those typrwriters.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Shadow88,

I couldn't agree more! Nearly every religous belief system I've seen be it christianity or IDism has always fealt the need to push it upon everyone as fact. No one forces you to follow ToE or the big bang. You choose to either accept the evidence presented, test it yourself, or dismiss it outright. Religous people have the choice of going to a religous run school or a public. Religion and state are sperate, so if by choosing a public school your choosing to allow your kid to learn evolutionary theory. They can B and moan all they'd like, but if we're to include religous teachings into public school systems, then we'd have to include them all, and that's not really doable or practical.

I personally follow ToE, and imo, it should be regarded as fact due to the amazing amounts of eviden in favor of it. Same thing with the Big Bang. There's just tons of evidence for it. I don't follow a religous belief as each system has the same ammount of evidence for it as the other and it's all personal evidence. IMO, they're insane. Something's wrong upstairs. Don't mean to sound rude about it, but that's how I view it. How can I accept say ... Christianity over the greek gods? I could pray to a greek god, and in my own experience have that prayer answered in some form or the other just as well as I could for the christian god.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join