It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats an ideal present for a Mason?

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I have a relative who is a mason, he's always been very good to me and although we don't do presents and things on special occasions, he has helped me a lot recently and it would be nice to get him a gift one day that is more unusual or more sought after.

Anyone any ideas? I've seen a few books around but as i know very little about the masons, i have no idea what is recommended and what is rubbish cheap and tacky. I'm not really thinking of the usual stuff you'd get in a mason's store on the web, unless of course it was a must have.It does'nt have to be a book, any unusual item will do.

Witty answers welcomed (and expected
) but usefull suggestions i'd be very gratefull for.

Thanks,

CX.

[edit on 23/4/06 by CX]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CX
I have a relative who is a mason, he's always been very good to me and although we don't do presents and things on special occasions, he has helped me a lot recently and it would be nice to get him a gift one day that is more unusual or more sought after.

Why not itroduce him to your little friend (just kidding). Nah seriously just get him something that he'll get a lot of good use out of that will last him a while and not wear out wrather quickly. I'm sure he'll be happy with what ever you get him.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Get him a GOAT. The present for the discerning Mason!

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
There is an old saying: "Don't buy a hammer for a carpenter"

Anything masonically related, he's going to be much more discerning on than you. And anything he might 'need', he'll have already bought for himself. Without asking him directly, you're not going to get a good answer.

That said, obviously this relative cares about you. If you know nothing of his interest in masonry, ask. He'd probably be happy to explain it to you. And at the very least, you've shown interest in his life - a pretty good gift, in and of itself.

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:47 PM
link   
why don't you get... actually I just realised, as this is an old thread, you probably got the gift by now... so, what did you buy?

top topics

join