It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pentagon acknowledges fabricating a 'Zarqawi Legend'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I dont mind the Government lying to the Enemies, kinda enemies, so to be enemies, allies, etc.

But I DO have a problem with them lying to ME. They are our employees, how many companies will tolerate a lying employee? No matter how stupid this or any other Admin might think we are, I think we should be presented the facts and allowed to figure out whither we NEED to kill such and such person....invade such and such country. I dont even mind too much if they move without our approval....sometimes time is short....but if we have the facts at least we would know if we needed to hang the SOB that got us into it.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
now tell me this isnt perfect timing....

news.bbc.co.uk...

you have got to be joking, when we admit to possibly fabricating his legend, the first lengthy video of him comes out. Isn't that just something, great timing too.

Does he seem like he's put on some weight, or what? They must be giving him some nice digs there in Iran.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   
iran? yep i can tell your real glad they used propaganda...considering you must buy into every single bite of it. not even going to address this now

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Well, I'm eagerly anticipating your stalwart defense of Iran.
After all, we all know that Iran would never sponsor terrorism or wish ill upon Iraq.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
your idea that zarqawi is in iran pretty misinformed. i dont know how you managed to come to this ill conclusion but lets just say this. Im sure every terrorist was in afganistan before we invaded, then they all ran over to iraq when we invaded, so we invaded iraq too, but then they ran over to iran, i guess we HAVE TO invade them too...to get them pesky terrorists...for the safety of the american people!

[edit on 25-4-2006 by grimreaper797]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:41 PM
link   

your idea that zarqawi is in iran pretty misinformed. i dont know how you managed to come to this ill conclusion but lets just say this.

And you had me waiting for...what? Nothing.

I'm misinformed? So, you know a) that Iran would never harbor him, and b) where he really is?

And are you telling me that Iran doesn't sponsor terrorism?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
lol telling you iran doesnt sponsor terrorism would be as goofy sounding as the united states doesnt sponsor terrorism. But yea Zarqawi is in iran, and so is osama, and so is all of al qaeda, because pakistan could possibly be harboring them, syria couldnt possibly be harboring them. no no, its definately iran...since everything has been irans fault as of late. Then once we are done with them we can look around and go "where are the terrorists....where are the nuclear weapons.....they must have used there wings and flown right to syria! *propaganda news starts adding syria into every possible subject they can about their aims to do something we dont like based on suspicion and probable cause*"

Lets stop for a minute and think about everything iran is doing, they are really going to knowingly harbor a terrorist like him with all the attention they are getting? o thats right we have reports he said he wants world war 3 and the end of the world. sure you can buy into it if you want. i will stick with common sense.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I had no intention of attacking Syrian Sister. I only took exception with the title. Now many of you have read more into this than is there. I was concerned that if it was allowed to stand as is; others would start to use bad titles to influence opinion, just like the press and media do. To those of you that are saying that an objection to the title is proof of a closed mind. What a bunch of crap. It is only proof that I think credibility is essential to workable debate. It’s a waste of time unless both sides can be trusted to be honest in their debate.

I found the article about the Pentagons trickery very disturbing. This was a good topic Syrian Sister. It needed to see the light of day. Even though I’m not opposed to the actions in Iraq, I am always deeply troubled by the needless secrecy and lies where the government is concerned. I do not believe in “throwing out the baby with the bath water” though. Just because we were lied to does not mean there is not a threat. It just means we were lied to. It is clear to me that our government has lost a lot of credibility as of late. Both parties’ lie with impunity and it needs to stop. One way they keep us off their backs is to keep us arguing amongst ourselves. As long as the fight rages between Democrats and Republicans (I am neither) they can divert our attention from what they are really doing. I no longer believe there are any honest people left in any government on the face of the planet. If there were any honest members of government left; they would be screaming at the top of their lungs to the press on a daily basis. Silence is in itself a lie. To be silent is to say there is nothing wrong.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
how can you notm have problems with the war in iraq, we have more then just screwed the people there with endless fighting and killing, now there resources are being stolen right out of their country. thats the pity of it, people still havent realized this war was all about oil.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Good point, Grim.

I was watching Bill O Reilly yesterday (I sometimes watch the liars to see how dumb people have to be to actually believe them
), and on one of the news breaks, they talked about the bombings in Egypt. Then, RIGHT AFTER they mentioned this, they said "this bombing comes just a day after bin Laden released a new tape."

WTF? Do you see what I'm seeing here? It seems like a nice little psy op treat for you as you get lied to by Fox. So, naturally, the people have already been hoodwinked into believing he's in Iran.

"We're at war with Eurasia."
"I thought we were at war with Eastasia?"
"NO!!!! We've ALWAYS been at war with Eurasia!'

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I’m terrified of what I see happening with the Islamic fanatics around the world. I can see no outcome other than many decades of war. I believe that probably sooner rather than later a radical of the Muslim faith is going to succeed in transporting a WMD into a populace city in the US or elsewhere and kill tens if not hundreds of thousand of innocent people. Although what’s being done in Iraq is being poorly handled; at least it is creating an outpost of sanity in the region.

What do you believe would be the outcome for us if the terrorists succeeded in stopping the supply of oil to the free world and fed it all to countries like China and North Korea? I think the government is afraid to admit the extreme danger we have put ourselves in by relying so heavily on the Middle East.

Yes it’s “about oil” and rightly so. Take a minute and think about it. Look around you and at the world we live in. It will take years to switch to alternative fuel sources. If the oil were to stop today, and it very well could, what do you think will happen? No fuel means no goods, no food shipments, no energy source in many areas and on and on and on. Instead of just attacking those who are trying to do something; what is needed is new ideas. How can we survive without Middle East oil? How will we feed ourselves and get goods to market? How will we protect ourselves from our enemies if they have an abundant energy source and we do not?

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Blaine91555]

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Blaine91555]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
truthseeka,

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a liar. If you have a plan to deal with the terrorists and make sure our energy and security needs are met; post them. I'm open to new ideas. Are you? You don't even know anything about me. I'll bet you have labeled me a Republican, haven’t you? A conservative? A warmonger? Or is it that your just a protagonists out for a thrill?

I’m registered as undeclared because there is an Independent Party here in this state. I refuse to join a party as they all have serious issues I do not agree with. They all lie (except maybe the Libertarians). Now you know more than you are entitled to about me. Who are you and why is it you believe everyone else who does not agree with you is a liar. They rightly say that he who screams the loudest is usually the most guilty. Why not enter the debate; or is it that you have nothing of interest to add?

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I’m terrified of what I see happening with the *innocent people* around the world. I can see no outcome other than many decades of war. I believe that probably sooner rather than later a *group of people painted to be islamic terrorists* is going to succeed in transporting a WMD into a populace city in the US or elsewhere and kill tens if not hundreds of thousand of people *who had the chance to stop it if they acted on all the wrong happening*. Although what’s being done in Iraq is *an excuse for scandal and corruption*; at least it is creating *a wasteland* of *corruption and rising terrorism* in the region.

What do you believe would be the outcome for *oil business* if the *american people* succeeded in *finding out the truth of* the *controlled* supply of oil to the free world and *went to war for it with* countries like China and North Korea? I think the government *doesnt want* to admit the extreme danger we have put ourselves in by relying so heavily on the *oil corporations and big business*.

Yes it’s “about oil” and *we were tricked otherwise*. Take a minute and think about it. Look around you and at the world we live in. It will take years to switch to *get the truth out with psyops type programs*. If the oil were to *slow down* today, and it very well could, what do you think will happen? *low supply* means *big profits*, *unhappy people who havent figured it out yet*, *alot of complainging but nothing getting done* in many areas and on and on and on. Instead of just attacking those who *talk about* do something; what is needed is new ideas. How can we survive without *oil corporations and big business*? How will we feed ourselves *without GE food* and get *poisonous food out* of the market? How will we protect ourselves from our *government* if they have an abundant *misinformation programs* and we *have fox and cnn*?

(thats my take)

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Grimreaper,
I agree with some of your editing of my post, but not all. Good way to make a point though.

I think one advantage I have over others is I'm not locked into one position like many others here (conservatives vs. liberals). If someone can provide convincing evidence (not the dribble I see on some threads) I can and will change my position on issues. What I don’t see much of is new ideas. Only useless attacks on others beliefs. As if that will solve anything.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Lets stop for a minute and think about everything iran is doing, they are really going to knowingly harbor a terrorist like him with all the attention they are getting? o thats right we have reports he said he wants world war 3 and the end of the world. sure you can buy into it if you want. i will stick with common sense.

So are you saying that Ahmadinejad never said those things?

How about this little tidbit out of Iran:

Iran has offered to transfer nuclear technology to other countries, including Sudan, while warning that it will hide its nuclear programme if the West takes harsh measures.

Iran

Sudan. Now there's a well-run, stable country.
And this is from a site that you probably take as gospel - Al Jazeera.

Remember, all this bs about going to war with Iran is stuff you are laying down, not me. You're trying to sidetrack the topic.

Btw, the statement that Zarqawi is being harbored in Iran is my opinion.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
truthfully, anything i dont hear for myself that any person in power could even possibly benefit from, i cant take as fact anymore. I dont know what to believe now because psyops programs that made me lose faith in them. I cant trust them, plain and simple. I wouldnt believe a person who deliberately lied to me repeatedly, so why would it be any different for the government people.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
nope i dont believe many news stations really. i read what actually probably happened and just see if that makes sense. im probably still misinformed on some things happening in the world simply because the truth doesnt come out with a soceity that creates lies. i already know they are planning to share their technology, and i think its a bad idea, that doesnt mean its illegal. As much as i dislike it, they havent made nuclear weapons. All the suspicion and probable cause isnt enough, i want more, especially post iraq war.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
truthseeka,

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a liar. If you have a plan to deal with the terrorists and make sure our energy and security needs are met; post them. I'm open to new ideas. Are you? You don't even know anything about me. I'll bet you have labeled me a Republican, haven’t you? A conservative? A warmonger? Or is it that your just a protagonists out for a thrill?

I’m registered as undeclared because there is an Independent Party here in this state. I refuse to join a party as they all have serious issues I do not agree with. They all lie (except maybe the Libertarians). Now you know more than you are entitled to about me. Who are you and why is it you believe everyone else who does not agree with you is a liar. They rightly say that he who screams the loudest is usually the most guilty. Why not enter the debate; or is it that you have nothing of interest to add?

What the hell are you talking about? Are you Bill O Reilly? I wasn't even talking to you.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
My apologies, I thought you were replying to my post. I'll be more careful in the future. I promise. I've been attacked for my beliefs so much lately I reacted to quickly and yes I am an idiot.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join