It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Pentagon acknowledges fabricating a 'Zarqawi Legend'

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:16 AM
link   
It seems Syrian sister has now changed the title to be more accurate. Now, you official story believers can stop moaning at her for it and start looking at the big picture.

It's funny how if she posts a misleading title (which I agree with you should have been changed) and you all jump on her and go crazy, yet your beloved Pentagon can spend 10's of Millions on propaganda and lies (told right to your face) and yet that's acceptable, and you all defend the Government like they have done nothing wrong. You people need to take a good, hard, long, look at yourselves in the mirror. All I see here is archaic spinelessness, and Patriotic blindness.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:25 AM
link   

from jsobecky
Why is this false and misleading thread title allowed to remain on ATS? It has no basis in fact.

A misleading thread title on an online discussion board is not the major story here. THe major story is
"US Government conducts psy-op on its own public in order to mislead and dupe them about the war".

Then the title should reflect that. Otherwise, thread tags based upon a false title make their way through the net and make us look like nothing more than a sensationalist board.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Can you all stop talking about the previous title (as it has been changed for a while now) and focus on the actual story, please?

JsoBecky, you call Syrian Sister a sensationalist, and a discredit, yet you say nothing at all about your own Governments national and international propaganda campaign, which cost over $20 Million, and has led the Soldiers of several Nations, as well as America, on a dangerous wild goose chase around Iraq for a man who may only be a fraction of the threat they say he is, if he even exists at all. Are you people so numb to any Government wrongdoing that you don't care what they do, and will simply let them get away with anything they want? Surely you understand how big the implications of this story are?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Code_Burger
Can you all stop talking about the previous title (as it has been changed for a while now) and focus on the actual story, please?

JsoBecky, you call Syrian Sister a sensationalist, and a discredit, yet you say nothing at all about your own Governments national and international propaganda campaign, which cost over $20 Million, and has led the Soldiers of several Nations, as well as America, on a dangerous wild goose chase around Iraq for a man who may only be a fraction of the threat they say he is, if he even exists at all. Are you people so numb to any Government wrongdoing that you don't care what they do, and will simply let them get away with anything they want? Surely you understand how big the implications of this story are?

The amount spent is less than the bounty on his head. And no, I have no problem with the US villifying him at all. He is a scumbag cowardly terrorist that cuts the heads off of innocent civilians and murders children with his cowardly use of IEDs.

I hope his head ends up on a pike at the entrance to Baghdad.
And if the psy-ops tactics help to hasten that day, all the better.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
The amount spent is less than the bounty on his head. And no, I have no problem with the US villifying him at all. He is a scumbag cowardly terrorist that cuts the heads off of innocent civilians and murders children with his cowardly use of IEDs.

I hope his head ends up on a pike at the entrance to Baghdad.

So I'm guessing the possibility that Zarqawi may not be who they say he is, and that you only feel the way you do about him because of the Psy-ops, is completely lost on you? What a shame.

Woof! Woof!

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Code_Burger]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Oh he's better than jesus, he can grow back limbs like a reptile, be in two places at once like an electron, and be dead and alive at the same time like schroddingers cat.

OMG!

That's the best quote in the entire thread!
Thank you! Thank you! Love that statement! Can I quote you on that?

Thanks, that put a smile on my face

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:15 AM
link   
"You have voted Syrian Sister for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month."

It had to be done. Good thread, Syrian Sister, and good work.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:18 AM
link   

So I'm guessing the possibility that Zarqawi may not be who they say he is, and that you only feel the way you do about him because of the Psy-ops, is completely lost on you? What a shame.

You go ahead and live in your world of "possibilities", I'll take care of things here in the real world. You don't even acknowledge that Zarqawi exists, fer chrissakes!:shk:

Btw, thanks for the pictures from your family album.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

You go ahead and live in your world of "possibilities", I'll take care of things here in the real world.

How do you know what's real and what isn't any more, concerning this subject?

You don't even acknowledge that Zarqawi exists, fer chrissakes!:shk:

He probably does, but he might not. I sincerly doubt he is anywhere near as bad as they say he is, if he does exist. They wouldn't have to spend tens of Millions fabricating his 'legend' otherwise, would they?

Welcome, art thou.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I think someone already pointed out this point, but I'll reitterate (maybe that's how it's spelled)

Saint Nicholas existed, It doesn't mean that he has eight flying raindeer. This is getting rediculous, it's like children not giving up their belief in Santa even after they catch their parents eating his cookies and drinking the milk. PLEASE wake up!!!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   

...if the psy-ops tactics help to hasten that day, all the better...

I'm glad the rest of the world isn't as short-sighted as this asinine statement is. You actually support the government lying to you?

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Jamuhn]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Not according to International law,

Please cite the law that states this.

jsobecky
He is a scumbag cowardly terrorist that cuts the heads off of innocent civilians and murders children with his cowardly use of IEDs.

And you know this based on what? The media? The same media that's been altered by this psychological operation? How do we know the Zarqawi has been targetting civilians, maybe he is just attacking soldiers, and the Pentagon is blaming attacks by other insurgents on civilians on "the Zarqawi mythos". Who is the real threat in Iraq now? Baathists? Iraqi Patriots? al-Sadr? Who?

Rather, the real threats are being overshadowed and missed by this "Zaqawi mythos". He almost certainly exists and is an insurgent. Who knows who's actually been targetting and killing civillians now though.

What 'real world'? You're living in a world made up of media information, infromation that's been entirely distorted by psy-op programmes exactly like this one!

So, when actualyl shown to be, literally, deluded and duped by your own government, you, rather than discuss the issue, piss and moan about a title, and then, when even that pittance is corrected, resort to blanket insults and attacks upon another poster???

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

You go ahead and live in your world of "possibilities", I'll take care of things here in the real world.

How do you know what's real and what isn't any more, concerning this subject?

You don't even acknowledge that Zarqawi exists, fer chrissakes!:shk:

He probably does, but he might not. I sincerly doubt he is anywhere near as bad as they say he is, if he does exist. They wouldn't have to spend tens of Millions fabricating his 'legend' otherwise, would they?

from Jamuhn
I'm glad the rest of the world isn't as short-sighted as this asinine statement is. You actually support the government lying to you?

What is the problem with you guys? All upset because your boy was painted in a bad light.

Is it the fact that the Pentagon called Zarqawi a "Bone-crack Demon"
when he was only a "Butt-blister Demon"

Or are you gonna play all shocked! that the Pentagon might have actually stretched the truth? Nobody, but nobody has ever done that in military history before!
Al Jazeera would never think of doing that, would they?

If you think that we needed an inflated version of Zarqawi to win support for the campaign against him, then you are naive and confused. All I need to do is see the daily murders that happen over there.

Remember that the campaign was originally meant for the consumption of the Iraqis, to set them against Zarqawi. And all indications are that it worked!

You guys are the first to condone crimes that whistleblowers commit when they leak sensitive information. But you cannot apply the same thinking to an attempt to save lives.

You try to paint public opinion as one big machine guided by the finger of the propaganda press on the steering wheel. It might influence you that much, but most people aren't that gullible.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

So, when actualyl shown to be, literally, deluded and duped by your own government, you, rather than discuss the issue, piss and moan about a title, and then, when even that pittance is corrected, resort to blanket insults and attacks upon another poster???

Now that's selective interpretation! Just ignore the fact that he supplied the offensive image, and instead come down on me because I reacted.

And "pittance" my butt. It was nothing more than rank sensationalism. If that's your idea of what ATS should be, then you have a different vision that most.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

If you think that we needed an inflated version of Zarqawi to win support for the campaign against him, then you are naive and confused. All I need to do is see the daily murders that happen over there.

Then why do it? What would be the point at all? Why spend all those millions?

Remember that the campaign was originally meant for the consumption of the Iraqis, to set them against Zarqawi. And all indications are that it worked!

So it's ok to spend over 20 million Dollars tricking the nation you have just invaded? Whether or not it was "originally meant" for the consumption of the Iraqi's or not is irrelevant, because it ended it being international, everyone ate something from your rancid propaganda buffet. You think it's acceptable to go around trying to trick us? *Mod Edit for childish insult*

You try to paint public opinion as one big machine guided by the finger of the propaganda press on the steering wheel.

Well considering the title and subject of this thread that's not entirely unreasonable, is it?

It might influence you that much, but most people aren't that gullible.

You're in the minority here, not us. And it is you who is gullible, not us. You are so brainwashed it's not even funny.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Amuk]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:44 AM
link   

You're in the minority here, not us.

Now that I'll admit! And I'm darn proud of it, too!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I also find it interesting that this isn't all over the BBC, CNN, Fox News, and the rest of the news stations. I'm going to go ahead and say that they can't risk losing viewers for the part they played in the lie. Either that, or they need to keep their reps clear for the next propaganda campeign.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I love this part.

www.globalresearch.ca...

The "war on terrorism" rests on the creation of one or more evil bogeymen, the terror leaders, Osama bin Laden, Abu Musab Al-Zarqawi, et al, whose names and photos are presented ad nauseam in daily news reports. Without Zarqawi and bin Laden, the "war on terrorism" would loose its raison d'être. The main casus belli is to wage a " war on terrorism".

This is based on this person's opinion and not based on facts. Its based on what he believes in.

For example he believes this...

The suicide attacks in Iraq are indeed real, but who is behind them? There are indications that some of the suicide attacks could have been organized by the US-UK military and intelligence. (See references below pertaining to British Special Forces Soldiers caught Planting Bombs in Basra.)

Its almost like the author and Syrian Sister have the same brain.

Now to the reports about the U.S. military's role about Zarqawi...lets look at this...
Link

The Washington Post story quoted Colonel Derek Harvey, who served as a military intelligence officer in Iraq and as a top officer handling intelligence on Iraq for the Joint Staff, as saying that Zarqawi and other foreign insurgents remain "a very small part of the actual numbers."

"Our own focus on Zarqawi has enlarged his caricature, if you will -- made him more important than he really is, in some ways," Harvey said at an army meeting last summer at Fort Leavenworth, Kansas, according to a transcript obtained by the Post.

Now there is a difference between making a boogeyman and overstating a person's role. You could say that for example Osama bin Laden is just one man, but who inspires people to commit martyrdom for him and his ideology. One person can be very dangerous.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

I hope his head ends up on a pike at the entrance to Baghdad. And if the psy-ops tactics help to hasten that day, all the better.

Yes I agree, and this is nothing new, in all modern wars the enemy has been hyped up beyond what they actually were. The Nazis, Japanese, Vietnamese, etc… That was done so that the war could be won as fast as possible. And I know what some of you are thinking, “how dare they target the US population”, I know, I almost forgot, the media is the only one that can do that. Taking a few car-bombs and calling them a full blown civil war is not fabricating or exaggerating, however if the Pentagon says Zarqawi is evil and the main insurgent in Iraq its outrageous. Because as it turns out he’s still evil, but he has only killed a few people.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If we (the U.S.) is willing to spend so much money on a propaganda campaign to make this guy look worse than he really is in order to create support against his cause is it not also possible that our operatives have lopped off a few heads to make it look like it was Zarqawi as well? Would it be beyond reason to think the CIA would kill someone for the wrong reasons?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join