It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Military Coup of 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This fits today as it did then, even after a decade nothing has changed. "Now schools are falling into privatized hands". Does it any good, does any of this matter, or will "too late" be the trend of history's repeats...
This guy made a point then, that still holds true to this day.
People speak out all the time, but as long as no one listens, "they", will continue to have it made. Resignations, for years now when has that happend before, hmm. Even when the Generals of today speak out, they are no longer important?! NO way, they are Generals for a reason, hello.

Did any one see those Stars?
Come on, just what exactly is going on here then?

I am calling my paper the "Origins of the American Military Coup of 2012." I think it's important to get the truth recorded before they rewrite history. If we're ever going to get our freedom back, we've got to understand how we got into this mess. People need to understand that the armed forces exist to support and defend government, not to be the government. Faced with intractable national problems on one hand, and an energetic and capable military on the other, it can be all too seductive to start viewing the military as a cost-effective solution. We made a terrible mistake when we allowed the armed forces to be diverted from their original purpose...
Today's military is not the one we knew when we graduated from the War College.
From Parameters, Winter 1992-93, pp. 2-20, CHARLES J. DUNLAP, JR.
Parameters

Above link has gone link dead, below is a working one of the article.

PDF doc Link

Let it be known, those who knew, tried.

edit on 14-7-2011 by ADVISOR because: link info was needed for current html

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   

I am stunned this was written and published on the US Army War College website.

Amazing this is being discussed "academically" in the military ranks!!!

Great find!!

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   
It seems others are keeping an eye on this report also. Some thing sort of recent was produced with the above paper in mind. The below two quotes are what really caught my attention and pushed me to up date this post.

The Militarizing of America;

The McCaffrey nomination also follows a dramatic increase in the use of the military and its resources, especially the National Guard, in domestic law enforcement -- from Waco to Ruby Ridge to the inner city. It also follows greater intrusion of the military into high schools, the use of troops on the Mexican border
Mission Creep:

THE CONSTITUTION
& NATIONAL EMERGENCIES
The Constitution does not directly address the question of what should happen in the midst of a major national catastrophe. But neither does it give the slightest support to notions of turning matters over to non-elected civilian or military officials with plenary powers. The best guide is to be found in Amendment Ten which states that the powers of the federal government are those delegated to it by the states and the people. The states and the people have not delegated the power of martial law. Thus in a true crisis (such as a nuclear attack) the answer seems quite plain: the country would be run as a loose confederation of fifty states until a legitimate federal government could be re-established. In the interim, the highest officials in the land would be the governors.

LMAO, I'm so sorry for Cali...that is a sign of the times.
"Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger"

[edit on 24-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yikes! That's some scary stuff. V for Vendettaish in a lot of ways... I also had not considered that part about the recruiting on campusus as a way to stay away from a homongenization of the forces. Quite a lot to consider really.

Now I'm even angrier(rather then embarrassed, as we were the laughing stock of just about every City in Canada for weeks) at Mel "Harris Lapdog" Lastman's choice(Former Mayor from my city...) for calling out the Military for a simple unexpected 3 ft. snow storm....

[edit on 25-5-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

The terror exercises under TOPOFF serve to condition public officials and key decision makers. In turn through media disinformation, citizens are being prepared and gradually conditioned for the unthinkable.

Is America Preparing for Martial Law?

How would Martial Law in the USA effect the global situation?
What changes are most likely to occur because of such, and what caused them?
Could the saying "boiling a frog slowingly", be seen as how the terrorists changed the USA, even won VS?

What the heck, here is a history lesson for any one who cares.

1. A place, district, or country occupied by an enemy stands, in consequence of the occupation, under the martial law of the invading or occupying army, whether any proclamation declaring martial law, or any public warning to the inhabitants, has been issued or not.

• The Lieber Code Of 1863
  • SECTION I.--Martial law--Military jurisdiction--Military necessity--Retaliation

GENERAL ORDERS No. 100

Don't forget as mentioned in an older post. Both times that Martial Law was called into being, it was found unconstitutional.
Any one know which President it was under?
Another clue: It was the same President.

[edit on 26-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 25 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   
w0w...

i have just read the quoted paragraph in the opening post of this thread and this seems very interesting...

i shall reply to this thread again after i have read the article...

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I've been doing a huge amount of reading up on this. Have a few more links of others stories, and what they made of it also. Really makes one start to think and we all know what that does to ATSers...

Well any ways, here is some other tid bits.
This first link, compiles the authors back ground work, they did a bit of digging and not a bad job. For the first time, I can honestly say the material is too extensive for even me to quote (but I will one line). It covers dang near everything. Mr. Morales, did his homework well.

U.S. MILITARY CIVIL DISTURBANCE PLANNING: THE WAR AT HOME

US Has been preparing to turn America into a military dictatorship

This next link covers a more religious angle of this, and she even mentions Alex Jones.

Gen. Boykin’s “Kingdom Warriors” On the Road to Abu Ghraib and Beyond

Infiltrating the U.S. Military

This last one has for the most part, I thought was a good point.

Ironically, the loser in these kinds of situations is usually the military itself - which is basically what the author of "The American Military Coup of 2012" was trying to warn about. Few military establishments have placed themselves at the disposal of a specific political party or leader and emerged without enormous damage - or, as in the Wehrmacht's case, total destruction. The American professional military, which sided so openly with the Republicans in the 2000 elections, may be getting a lesson of its own.

Whiskey Bar: A Very American Coup

Those three were enough reading for me. Not much new stuff on this on the web, from what I have found thus far.

Figures I would find this next link, after posting the reply. Not to mention I edited this once already to post what is below, only to have it not be posted.

"Melancholy Reunion" picks up where "The Origins of the American Military Coup of 2012" left off. The year is now 2017, and two years have elapsed since the countercoup that returned the U.S. government to civilian control."
Above quote here;
GC.com

Military page here;
MELANCHOLY REUNION

[edit on 26-5-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
i read your first link advisor...

amazing read

definitely something to talk to people about...

thanks man...

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Well ADVISOR, ive read all the links except whiskeyjar and im about to, but Excellent thread man. I am utterly speechless how smacking in the face this collage of links is. Ive never really thought much about the steady increase in military personnel rising in the upper levels, but the recent nomination kinda caused a ding....helllo... somethings not kosher here. and now the huge food for thought post you have laid out. wow, just wow.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL
definitely something to talk to people about...

thanks man...

Yes, "definitely something", to talk about. I can not, agree more so with you, on this than any thing else. Though if we tried it would probably be easy enough, however that is not my next objective. What is, is the continued discussion of the material I have presented. More importantly, and specifically, the quoted text below. Bear with me I rattle on for a minute.

Originally posted by ADVISOR

If we're ever going to get our freedom back, we've got to understand how we got into this mess. People need to understand that the armed forces exist to support and defend government, not to be the government.

That can not be more so true, than it is in places out side of the USA. This dicussion does not and I say should not, be limited to just US. Yes, it is an ever more enroaching upon the society of my mother land. But, look at the places that live and have been controlled by such forms, of militant government.

Here in the US of A, people live under a rule of "FREE ELECTED" individuals. Look at those countries right now, that are not.

By all that I have stood for on ATS, and continue to stand for, I will discuss and PUSH the topics and issues within. That is not taken lightly by myself, or others evidently. That much is very good.
The fact that we can as we have done, sit here among each other and carry this converation on, is proof that all is not lost.

If "we" are ever going to get our, freedom back...

Who is saying that right now? I think of that every day now, since reading what is linked in this thread. It bothers me very much, that the idea of such words being thought let alone spoken out loud, could be happening. Why it is, and how it came to be as such are things I think about.
I'm an Aquarius, supposedly I can't help it.

But let me tell you what I can help. I can teach another, to fish. Together because there is no "i" in team, we can help others learn to fish also. If you do not under stand, pease u2u, moving on.

S1LV3R4D0

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
I am utterly speechless

Well, I hope that is why others have not replied as well.
Sort of amazing to me, how few replies my threads get, but I am glad this one has some momentum. I was worried for a while that those on ATS, that I know would be interested in this subject would not input their valued contributions.

Then of course, it is a fairly heavy dose of reading and all. But what else is there to do on the net, other than stare at some thing.

When you have regained yourself, please rejoin us and if your interested, continue the topic at hand.

Back to that, "Whiskey Bar" was really niffty in that it picks up after the original material.
Not very many places on the net mentioned even the first part, let alone part two. What is important as TSA mentioned, "to talk to people". The more it is talked about, the better chances there are of people becomeing aware. All too often, the only reason people are not aware of something, is because it wasn't on their "radar". That is what Deny Ignorance in a sence means to me. Upgradeing and tuning of radars, lol, yup sure is. Not every thing is on my radar, and I do appreciate it when getting my upgrades and tuneings. Because even I am ignorant of many things, it is impossable to know every thing. But it is not an excuse, ignorance is never an excuse. Why, because some body, knew about what another didn't. That is perpetuation...

Different topic, another subject all together. See the decon forum for best examples of that.
Well, don't want to make this my longest post ever, so I'm going to get back to what ever it is I do around here. Thank you all for your time, and always, your patience.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Let it be known, those who knew, tried.

Yes we certainly did, still do, and will not stop trying until they 'plant' us.

I am a history poly sci scholar also, as well as an Aquarian (must have been something in the stars), and I have been labeled as a CTer, unpatriotic, unamerican, etc. for the simple reason that I have been insistent that these sheep wake up BEFORE they are herded into the FEMA camps.

Our Constitution is being KILLED!
Our rights are being taken away.
And we now have an executive who is claiming the kind of powers owned by a king.

Excellent post, thank-you.

-

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes

That is twice I have been thanked, you and TSA are both welcome. How ever the credit is not mine. The author deserves it more so than I, as does the DoD who made it available for joe public, unlimited distribution and all. Encouraging isn't it.

Too bad about your label issue. Um, I have heard it is like a rash, and will go away after awhile. No worries, it can't be worse than ring worm, or tape worm for that matter.

Speaking of tape worms, the problem that this post eludes to is much like a tape worm. Eating at what is around it, takeing for it'self with out giving any thing of benefit back. Very scary, as sardion2000 said. Plus with all of the current scandels, any one can see it clear as day. The $100,000 one being probably the best recent example of them.

What that makes me wonder, is who benefits from such being made public. Who has some thing to gain from the leaks?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Wow. That is the first thing that comes to mind. I got halfway through only the first article when I decided first to thank you for getting all of this info compiled into one spot. Also, I see that you haven't gotten many replies, hopefully that is because people are still reading through everything. But I wanted to tell you thanks in advance, and I'll be more able to respond and discuss this once I have gone through all the materials.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
For anything of this nature to occur, would be very hard. Possible, I suppose, but very hard. It would require the willing aquiesence of Congress, and the American people, not to mention the majority of the personnel that make up the US military.

Apathetic the American people might be, and are, unfortunately. But as a whole, we aren't THAT stupidly apathetic.

Congress, on the other hand, seems to be so in love with being incompetent
, that something like this might just sneak by them. I certainly have much more faith in the American people's native smarts, than I do Congres'. Apathetically moribund as we are at times, I still think this would not go over without a whole lot of blood being spilled.

I am not saying that it couldn't happen, mind you. I just think it very, very unlikely. Many, many scenerios are wargamed, this is, I hope most fervently, just another in a long line of dubious exercises. (knockin' on wood)

This is why the military needs to be watched carefully. This is the third or fourth f
generation of professional soldiers in America, by professional I mean raised by soldiers to be soldiers. They don't think of being anything but soldiers. Military coups are not unheard of, obviously.

I think it, as I have already said, unlikely. But many other things thought unlikely to occur, have. So...the military, and the industrial complex behind it does need watching.

Interesting topic, and important. Vey pertinent, especially in these troubling times.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowEyes

Too bad about your label issue. Um, I have heard it is like a rash, and will go away after awhile.

Not to worry. That label could well end up being a badge of honor by the time this is over.

-

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
seagull if you read those articles, you will see it was a gradual process. kinda like a military man now heading up our intelligence, the militarization of our police departments, the government telling priests to tell parishioners to adhere to all government commands. whats next, vice pres, 4star general (insert name here)?

Moreso to me a wake up call. to monitor more closely the rising of military ranks amongst civilian held offices, ive already seen first hand the taking over of cities for a couple days in one fell swoop of military might, closing it down and controlling it. Monterey, CA i wanna say 99 or 2000, it was b4 my daughters birth when i was living in Salinas. Ill see if i can find link to it. Texas they shot a kid when they took over, jersey, atlanta, the list goes on and on. Look for it happening or become a victim of the takeover.

But as always these are just my opinions.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:20 PM
link   

How ever the credit is not mine.

The person who discovers a hidden gem like this deserves kudos in my book. Not nearly as much as the guy who wrote it for sure but still a Big Thanks is in order from me. Thanks for bringing this to light. It forced me to revise some preconcieved notions about a few things...

Perhaps with people like you getting the word out and other people in the future willing to take up the task, there will never be a "Too Late."

[edit on 27-5-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Great post Advisor.

Just a quick question. Upon entering military service do the soliders swear to protect the USA as a country, or is it the government that they swear to protect. In my opinion that could be two quite different things sometimes.

Found it.

Upon joining the Army, all soldiers (officers and enlisted) must swear (or affirm) an oath to "protect the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." This emphasis on the defense of the United States Constitution illustrates the concern of the framers that the military be subordinate to legitimate civilian authority.

source

One would think that would keep ruling governments in line, no. If not isn't it the duty of every military person to do something?

[edit on 27-5-2006 by valkeryie]

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
Just a quick question. Upon entering military service do the soliders swear to protect the USA as a country, or is it the government that they swear to protect. In my opinion that could be two quite different things sometimes.

If i recall correctly I swore to defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies. I also swore to obey the orders of the President of The United States, and my superiors.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I do believe that the President makes the same oath as the soldiers do, about protecting the constitution. Odd thing is, any one who has served especially active duty, should recall swearing that oath more than once.

I hear officers reaffirm it more than enlisted, but havn't looked into it. So essentially, every one in government has taken the oath, to protect the constitution. Probably part of getting that fed check, or DoD green as it is. What I just don't get, is how people can take such a thing, and as mentioned, not do as they are obligated. No, what they swore to do as their duty, for honor and country.

Guess that don't mean any thing any more, sort of like people who are not dead yet, on Mount Everest. As military professionals, there is a custom and tradition of, never leaving a man behind. From what I have seen, that is the only place it exists.

That is sad indeed.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join