It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Should I be scared of what this dream could mean?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Okay, I don't know what to think of this dream, but the basic emotion is to be frightened out of my skin.

A couple weeks ago, I broke up with my significant other for reasons I won't go into here.

In my dream, I am holding onto someone, but it feels like a part of myself, although it isn't me. I'm running as fast as a I can away from my ex, trying to protect the person I am holding.

I get back to my dormatory, and set them down, telling them to run and not to look back. They do, and I start leading my ex up and away from them. Eventually she (my ex) corners me, and overpowers me (yes, she could do this in real life, because of a condition as a child, I am lacking in upper body strength). She then chains me to my bed, and pulls out a knife and plunges it into my chest, right where my heart is.

Within seconds, I feel myself die, just to (somehow) be reborn seconds after dying. She stabs me again, and the cycle repeats seemingly for about 50 more times until I am so numb that I really just want to die for real. She then asks me who I love, and I begin listing the names. When her name is not said, this throws her into a fit and she tells me that she will hunt down each one and kill them in order to have me for herself. All the while that she is saying this, she continues this cycle of killing me, reviving me, killing....

Now I usually don't scare easily, and take dreams only for the unconcious unloading it's thoughts on current events, but this...this is too much...

I woke up feeling the stab wounds, like I had been healed by God after being killed all those times.

If anyone could help me unravel this, I would greatly appriciate it. And if no one doesn't, that will be ok as well. I know this isn't a premonition dream or a conpiracy dream, but well, it's a dream that has actually occurred the last few nights, without me thinking about her, so I was just wondering what was going on...

Thank you for letting me post.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Dear Sir Solomon,

This is the first thing that came to mind when I read your dream:

There was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler among the Jewes. The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him. Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher which art come from God. For no man could do such miracles as thou doest, except God were with him. Jesus answered and said unto him: Verily, verily I say unto thee: except a man be born a new, he cannot see the kingdom of God. Nicodemus said unto him: how can a man be born when he is old? can he enter into his mothers womb and be born again? Jesus answered: verily, verily I say unto thee: except that a man be born of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh: and that which is born of the spirit, is spirit. Marvel not that I said to thee, ye must be born a new. The wind bloweth where he listeth, and thou hearest his sound: but canst not tell whence he cometh and whither he goeth. So is every man that is born of the spirit.

Also:

Who shall separate us from the love of God? shall tribulation? or anguish? or persecution? other hunger? either nakedness? either peril? either sword? As it is written: For thy sake are we killed all day long, and are counted as sheep appointed to be slain. Nevertheless in all these things we overcome strongly through his help that loved us. Ye and I am sure that neither death, neither life, neither Angels, nor rule, neither power, neither things present, neither things to come, neither height, neither lowth, neither any other creature shall be able to depart us from the love of God, showed in Christ *Jesu our Lord.

And of the holding on to someone:

"Do all things without murmuring and disputing, that ye may be faultless and pure, and the sons of God without rebuke in the midst of a crooked and a perverse nation, among which see that ye shine as lights in the world, holding fast the word of life, unto my rejoicing in the day of Christ, that I have not run in vain, neither have laboured in vain. Yee and though I be offered up upon the offering and sacrifice of your faith: I rejoice, and rejoice with you all. For the same cause also rejoice ye, and rejoice ye with me."

Hope this helps...God Bless

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Okee dokee...in case the above wasn't what you were looking for

You feel a lot of guilt, but in your defense you felt you HAD to break it off with your ex. Her killing you and reviving you is quite revealing. Metaphorically it means that she hurt you quite badly emotionally and often. Whoever said "names can never hurt me" was a tit.

Grief has a way of manifesting itself in our dreams and I think this is actually a healthy dream, in spite of the fear it causes you. Although you say she kills you - you keep on a ticking.

It also signifies perhaps how you view your ex. She would perhaps build you up and then cut you down. Follow compliments with a "but...", offer praise only when she wanted something...

The one you were "protecting" likely was yourself. As you more often than not put yourself in the role of protector and defender for others but rarely for yourself.

How'mah doing? Close...no cigar...bang on?

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   
*blink* *blink* Wow...that's very very good! I mean...well I did feel pretty emotionally bad the week or so before because of this.

She would often cut me down, but she never really praised me (something I never got from many people anyway, so I didn't miss it).

I mean, I have had the better part of a month to hindsight to overlook the now ended relationship, and I had the wool so pulled over my eyes. Thank goodness she did pull the line "Start acting like a normal guy (how I want you to be), or else." to snap me out of it.

I don't feel too guilty about it. I mean, I have the right to defend who I am, that is a basic human right. I have asked many people what their thoughts on things that had happened up to the end of the relationship, and I have yet to have one person agree with her (and the only reason I ask them their opinion, is because they ask how she is doing).

I haven't had any more occurences of this dream, and I have been sleeping very well, thanks for everyone's input!

posted on Apr, 29 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Dreams like that often are viewed quite negatively when they are infact quite healthy and productive - gives you a chance to subconciously hash out problems.

Best of luck!!

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
Okay, so after two months, I have all of a sudden had this dream (and others like it that I can't remember in the morning fully) come flying back into my dreams. This time though, I have woken up feeling even worse, and one morning, I felt like someone had tapped me and drained me of my insides.

The hardest part for me is that I'm currently a counselor at a summer camp, and therefore have to put on a mask to hide the pain these dreams cause me. I have let my co-workers know what's going on, but... I still want to know what is going on.

I have had over two months now since the last post, and since then, I have tried to rebuild my shattered and torn humanity, but it seems that if I get close to being whole again, one of these nightmares come out of nowhere and smash me to pieces.:bash:

Pain...I'm okay with, I've lived a life full of emotional pain. But I don't want to be a burden to those around me by leaning on them. Right now that is what I am because of these dreams. I have tried drinking special teas to help get me to sleep, I've tried sleeping pills, meditation, everything that in the past got me through the darkest nights and the coldest times in my life...nothing.....I'm still attacked by her in my dreams.

The last person to post here...said that it was a healthy dream. When does it stop being healthy? I hadn't thought about her for an entire month until the first night that this started happening.

Looking back on the posts, I also will say that I have prayed to God many nights, and I have begged Him to help me. I have been a Christian since I was 7, and my faith has gotten me through many dark times.

I did realize one thing though about the relationship that I didn't post before, maybe I didn't even know before: She nearly stole me of my humanity by training me to be the person she wanted to be with her...not by just accepting me for who I was and working with me to build our relationship.

I'll restate something that I did in my first post:

If anyone could help me unravel this, I would greatly appriciate it. And if no one doesn't, that will be ok as well. I know this isn't a premonition dream or a conpiracy dream, but well, it's a dream that has actually occurred the last few nights, without me thinking about her, so I was just wondering what was going on...

[edit on 6/29/2006 by Sir Solomon]

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Speaking from experience, you will continue having this dream until you are no longer afraid, and you figure out who YOU really are. Your spirit is trying to tell your mind "enough". Your spirit is tired of outside influence, and is trying to break through. So, until you obtain the mind set of everything you went through made you who you are today, and that you like who you are, you will continue to have these dreams. One of these days you will wake up, feeling like a new person, and in a way you will be. That will be the day your spirit wins, and that little boy who has been stuck in your mind ruling your every thought and feeling will finaly get to rest.

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 12:53 PM
link   
wow... that last post was....umm.... interesting.

you say it so matter-of-factly, what if he never has that dream again?

posted on Jul, 2 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Sir Solomon--

I agree with justgeneric's assessment--and the person who said these dreams were healthy--they are!

But even though 'being afflicted' causes pain--often the 'cure' is painful, too--but in the end you'll know it was all for your own good--and your inner strength.

Your assaulter with the knife--that was surely you!

The facts of human life and the power of love is that we fear it, because it has the power to kill us (break our hearts and spirits) so we protect ourselves. This works for a time, but the soul wasn't made to be alone. Yet true union between two people requires a willingness to submit, wholeheartedly to the possibility, even the certainty, of being mortally wounded by that which we need to survive (our loved one, our soul mate).

But, until we are willing to lose it all, we will never gain much except anxiety and the longer we resist our natural urge (whenever it comes in life--we are all different) to surrender, the more risk there is for issues and baggage to pile up--harder to remove the bigger the pile is!

I can tell you this with certainty--and personal experience. Another thing, that has to do with your love for God--until you give up yourself (to the right one, but you'll know, you won't care about self-preservation whe the right one comes along, trust me!) to another human being, you cannot truly understand how God designed us, as souls, to 'marry' Him in a way that is permanent. The husband and wife allegorical theme of the bible is expressly for the purpose of actualization of the concept being presented! (if that makes sense)

Don't fight it. Just hold on and be patient. All things work for the good of the heart--God is love and we must be, too. But IT HURTS before it feels better.

Godspeed and good luck!!

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
i understand what you are going thru. i dated and lived with a guy that really screwed me up in the head for about a year and a half. i finally left him , but there was alot of harrassment and even stalking involved , the DA in our county was about to take over the case, but i dropped it. ( the guy was a psycho). but it didnt seem that way always. anyway

i have not been with him for almost 3.5 years, and anytime i drive thru the town where we used to live, i have dreams about him, trying to trap me in the house, or tyring to kill me. or just awful dreams , where i am stuck in his house and cant get away. it torments me, really it does.

i have totally gotten over what happened but still its like im scarred. i always said that i would never let someone have that much power over me. but its like i have no control when i am asleep.
maybe you still feel trapped by her?
i wish i could help , but i cant even help myself. and i amd usually good at these kinds of things.

im out
-mindtrip02

posted on Aug, 2 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mindtrip02
maybe you still feel trapped by her?
i wish i could help , but i cant even help myself. and i amd usually good at these kinds of things.

In a way I think you are right. I find myself questioning myself when it comes to getting "back in the game" so to speak.

Today is the four month anniversary of my "freedom." I know what you are talking about mindtrip when you say that you are scared when you go back to the town. I recently went back home for two hours to visit the fair (with my cousin) and I was sweating bullets the entire time. I ran into her friends (supposedly her best friends) and the first thing any of them say to me is "congratulations on your freedom!" from the sole guy. None of the girls had anything bad to say, and seemed to be ok with what he was saying.

I honestly have a hard time of keeping my mind from tempting me to get back in contact with her. Things have been hard on me the last four months (obviously, as this thread proves), and there are times when I want someone to talk to that may be sympathetic, but I don't really have any friends, and she would be the closest one that I have. Thankfully this is something that I can fix soon when I return to college.

It is hard. It doesn't help that the relationship was my first serious relationship and therefore had so many firsts associated with it. How do I deal with it? *sigh* I don't know how I do sometimes, just keep my mind off of her, and if it starts drifting back to pleasent thoughts I let them, and if they go too far, I chop it off and jolt my mind to something else.

Basically, just take it one day at a time, and adapt what you do to what is needed, that's what I say. One day you may want a chair or the next a hammer:bash: to bash your skull in, or the next a flamethrower to burn the memories away

But something I noticed is that if I were to destroy my memories of her, I would be destroying the better part of three years of my life (we were very good friends before the relationship, which lasted overall about 18 months). Pain and happiness go together to create who you are. I suppose that's what makes us human.

To quote the Tinman: "Now I know I have a heart...cause it's breaking."

Peace folks

posted on Aug, 3 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
you are right abou the memories part. i sometimes wish that i could burn the memories of some people out of my mind, but then i think. " i learned from that, and if that didnt happen , i wouldnt know what i know now". i think that everything happens for a reason ( even if it seems pointless and hurtful and the time). you see, it may take months or years, but you will soon know why things happened the way they did, and then you will sit back and say " man, what a trip" cause then you will put everything together and realized that it was actually a good thing that you went thru bad times.??? at least thats what always happens to me.
and besides, ( i dont know if you are spritual, but).. god wouldnt put you thru anything you couldnt handle. just remember that..

talk at you later

im out
-mindtrip02

new topics

top topics

join