It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Great Flood, Myth or Fabrication

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Nygdan noted with authority

There never was any 'vapour canopy'; besides that fact that there's no evidence for such a thing ever existing,.............

Can I offer a suggestion? Maybe it would be nicer to note,...

In my opinion, there never was any 'Vapour Conopy'. I have no proof that one ever existed. I have nothing to indicate if there was, it would effect life on the planet in anyway, shape or form. I just have the denial of Science and only Science's Theorys to hang my hat upon, but as I clearly note, I do not believe there was a Canopy of Water.

This is a discussion, which there are thoughts being offered inorder to take a serious look at this occurance, the Great Flood.

I do not agree with everything being reported here, but it does bear some consideration, seeing that it is inbedded in our past, that this SINGLE EVENT took place.

I believe personally, this is a localized event which destroyed Atlantis, Cleansed the earth of pagan gods and dieties and their spawn, and cut short the generations of man from the 1000 year span of time, to 120 years. I believe the Biblical Account.

You don't.

Thats fine as it is.

No one is twisting your arm to make you believe anything here friend, so please keep this inmind, before issuing edicts according to the Gospel of Nygdan without so much as a notation of your thoughts. I hope you see what I am suggesting.

Judging from the various topics being discussed, it seems like this is a Forum where discussion and thoughts are to be exchanged. Not stepped on because you do not like the topic, or it is contrary to what Science has told you to believe.

Nevertheless, your input is welcomed, and if Science has proven beyond any doubt that around 5600 BC there was no Frimament seperating the Waters from the Waters, I would certainly like to hear this tale. Or can I say Myth, or Fable, or lore, since they have no evidence to say otherwise. Just some theory!

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? On onehand we have Myths and Lore and Fables and Legends as noted by Science, and on the other we have Myths and Lore and Fables and Legends as noted by our Ancestors.

Kind of defeats the premise Science Rules, when its no better today, than the Myths it denies.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Nygdan,

I apologize in advance for what I'm about to do. it's the result of sheer frustration:

You said:
Imagine if Katrina had happened thousands of years ago, we'd have stories about wrath from the sky and everything being flooded.

My response:

In order to attribute it to wrath from the sky, instead of as wrath from an actual entity and entities that ACTUALLY spoke to and interacted with the people from vaiorus parts of the world for millenia, you have to call them all liars or delusional or both. Millions, perhaps billions of people down through history, witnessed many of these events first hand and not just the massive flood.. Why do you think they all had similar stories and structures, even when on different sides of the world? Did they lie to each other, psychically? I don't get it, Nygdan. How can all the ancient civs be talking about stars. Did the stars talk to them? Say audible, quotable words?

What's even more frustrating, is to hear that this ancient place and that ancient place has been discovered, proving that the places mentioned in these ancient writings are indeed real and not fictional, as we were lead to believe in public school. See, this part is where the cut off occurs: The German High Critics changed our history books and determined the ancient writings were all fabrications because they couldn't prove many of the stories. WELL, OF COURSE THEY COULDN'T. THEY HADN'T DISCOVERED TROY YET, OR SUMER, OR HALF THE FREAKIN ANCIENT WORLD. They also claimed that the gods were doing things that simply were impossible to do. Like flying for example. That was then! THEN! We have new proof, new evidences that these things are even scientifically possible. Excuse me, but we fly, why can't the gods fly? Why didn't the gods fly? We can create humans in a test tube. We can clone, for gads sakes! If you told the German High Critics that, back then, they would've laughed you outta the building! Think, dag nabbit!

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shane
No one is twisting your arm to make you believe anything here friend, so please keep this inmind, before issuing edicts according to the Gospel of Nygdan

First off, its the "Acts" of Nygdan, aight!?

or it is contrary to what Science has told you to believe.

I don't reject these ideas because they don't conform to what I've been told, I reject them because they are irrational and have no real basis outside of beleif.

Nevertheless, your input is welcomed, and if Science has proven beyond any doubt that around 5600 BC there was no Frimament seperating the Waters from the Waters, I would certainly like to hear this tale.Or can I say Myth, or Fable, or lore, since they have no evidence to say otherwise. Just some theory!
I'd think that

Makes you wonder, doesn't it? On onehand we have Myths and Lore and Fables and Legends as noted by Science, and on the other we have Myths and Lore and Fables and Legends as noted by our Ancestors.

Kind of defeats the premise Science Rules, when its no better today, than the Myths it denies.
If 'better' is measured by the amount of evidence supporting it or its conformity to rational thought, then yeah, science would be better than myths. Better to have someone use science to perform an operation rather than upon a mythological understanding of the body no?

Ciao

*pours some grappo into esspresso*
Arrivederci cameratta, ciao! *raises esspresso cup*

undo
Why do you think they all had similar stories and structures,

I would say that they have these similar things because they are living under similar conditions of existence.
Most cultures have flood stories because floods happen everywhere. There are buildings resembling mounds (pyramids) because those are easier to build than skyscrapers or giant boxes.

new evidences that these things are even scientifically possible

But thats not evidence that it happened. Its possible that, say, there was some sort of advanced civilization in the past, that had flying machines, etc, but the evidence we see doesn't support that. And if there is no evidence to support it (even though its possible), then why support it? There are lots of other possibilities that are possible, but not supported, how do we distinguish between these ideas if we can't refer to evidence?

Excuse me, but we fly, why can't the gods fly?

What is the most likely explanation for stories about flying gods, an ancient civilization that dominated the earth with incredibly advanced technology existed, was destroyed, but records about it still remain and are 'mutated' into myths, or that people imagined flying beings and wrote stories about them??

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You would think that 2000 years ago with complex gear mechanisms, we should have progressed, not regressed. It doesn't make any sense. We somehow went from flushing toilets, and in a little less than 2000 years later, to, the best we had was a hole in the ground covered by an outhouse? What logic does this follow?

And there seems to be signs that ideas were scattered across the world, hinting at global communication. How do we go from that to, "Gee, I wonder what's across that ocean right there?"

Troy

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by cybertroy
You would think that 2000 years ago with complex gear mechanisms, we should have progressed, not regressed. It doesn't make any sense. We somehow went from flushing toilets, and in a little less than 2000 years later, to, the best we had was a hole in the ground covered by an outhouse? What logic does this follow?

And there seems to be signs that ideas were scattered across the world, hinting at global communication. How do we go from that to, "Gee, I wonder what's across that ocean right there?"

Troy

The "gods" were evacuated. There's no indication of them having ever been here, as far as physical pieces of their vehicles, because they left the surface of the planet. All that's left, as far as evidence goes, are the histories (which are called fables by science) and the architecture, sculptures and artworks depicting them and their space fairing craft.

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Nevertheless, your input is welcomed, and if Science has proven beyond any doubt that around 5600 BC there was no Frimament seperating the Waters from the Waters, I would certainly like to hear this tale. Or can I say Myth, or Fable, or lore, since they have no evidence to say otherwise. Just some theory!

I believe science has proved it the same way it has proved there aren't any 16ft invisible leprechauns living in a hollow log at the bottom of my garden......

There is no evidence in support of the contention. Therefore, logic says the contention is false.

Or, to put it another way, what evidence do you have that there was a 'firmament' seperating the 'waters' from the 'waters' around 7.6kya?

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Which ideas are you thinking about?

There's some things that are just technological sense (you have to develop square buildings or pyramid shaped buildings if you're building a large structure -- round shapes are too hard to construct without highly advanced technology.) Some are foundations for others (you don't get metal technology until you have good pottery because the temperatures needed to forge metal come from learning to fire good pots.)

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

There's some things that are just technological sense (you have to develop square buildings or pyramid shaped buildings if you're building a large structure -- round shapes are too hard to construct without highly advanced technology.) Some are foundations for others (you don't get metal technology until you have good pottery because the temperatures needed to forge metal come from learning to fire good pots.)

Hello my friend

But then again, if your God was/had been once known to have dwelt upon a mountain is it not common sense, the ones who had/have become seperated from their God, would build a monument in the hope their God would once again dwell with them.

Or they may have been instructed by the lessor gods and dieties who took the place of God, to build these temples and monuments as they did.

There are many considerations to examine Byrd.

And Essan

Exactly when did some science department come to you garden and verify a 16' Lephracaun wasn't living in the Hollow Log? Your being Silly, aren't you!

And to your question

The Bible, the Torah, the Koran all discuss the Firmament.
The Aboriginies have tales which speak to this.
The Dogon also have tales which speak to this.

So there you go Essan. 5 references. A whole handful, but thats enough for now. We are still working on a TIME for consideration, as well as what other evidence we can find point to this event, the Great Flood.

We'll be getting to the Firmament in depth, in the Days to come, so you'll just have to wait Essan. While you are doing this, maybe you can read the material so you'll be familiar with it.

And Nygdan.

I will re-classify the 'Gospel' to be refered to the 'Act's' for future usage.

I do understand you position, and I am quite open to your views, but this is a discussion and rather than declaring something is wrong, when aligned with your views, can you at least extend to material to review that will help express this to others. No one here is afraid of Information. We can not learn anything here, if the contributors are not willing to assist in developing or detracting with some supportive material to refer to.

Maybe, due to the "Moderator" moniker, you are short on time to work with us in this respect, and if that's the case, then I apologize for greifing you yesterday.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Shane,

It gets even better! The pyramid and triangle are specific crystalline shapes. I've read evidence to suggest New City Jerusalem will be a pyramid, and in fact, if you read the verses, it describes it as a massive crystalline strucure! So pyramids may be pyramids because it was based on the crystal molecular model

posted on May, 4 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
So, what else can we start to review?

I think maybe the next step in establishing some time frame would be to delve into the Ancients and see what we can find in FACT, apposed to Truth (MYTH).

Looking at this we would need to address Egyptian, Babylonian, and Greek backgrounds and/or evidence and see where this will lead. Any other suggestions and links are welcomed.

So, the Cradle of Civilization is an area which we need to look. and as such, what can we see today that maybe of importance. As with all things, it will revolve around Time.

www.iranian.ws...

Based on pottery relics and Qanat irrigating system found in the Achaemenid settlement, he estimates the area has been an agricultural and industrial city, dating back to 6th or 7th millenniums BC.

So we have an Ancient Community being uncovered with evidence to suggest it may well date back to 7000 BC. So I wonder what will be offered in light of this?

We do find recent Human Findings in this region as well.

www.iranian.ws...

Archeological excavations in Bolaghi Gorge historical site led to the discovery of the remains of three skeletons dating back to 5000 BC in a single grave.....

AND

the joint team of archeologists has discovered 5 clay ovens belonging to the fifth millennium BC

So in these two links, we are seeing Culturally, this region has many more undiscovered historcial places than we may have been lead to believe. Places and things of Mythical Origin or at the least, Times. Many of the same people are involved in spreading these myths (Greeks), so is it a stretch to think that Plato was not also dealing in a similiar manner with respects to Atlantis and the Flood. Only time, and the Promises of the Cultural Ministry in Iran to keep these regions from being "FLOODED" by the Mullahs and the New Dam System which will put this whole area underwater.

What can be used of this material?

Well, we have a Community from about 7000 BC which was in ruin, (if I am not mistaken by Floods, Many Floods), and built over a few times, and then burials from 5000BC with Ovens from this period (4-5000 BC) as well. (Makes me wonder if Shadrak, Meshak and Abednego visited such a Furnace, or would it have been larger? I am not certain?)

Well we have something evident from 7000 BC, that denotes civilized and advancing peoples, and a short period after, (2000 Years) we find some very basic type of Burials with meager and "Neolithic" type of items, (Simple Beads and trinkets for an example). Something of some measure must have occured to have a Backwards sort of step take place. Regional Flooding would account for a rapid advancement, if all the population was not destoryed with the City, but this can be worked on more, once further research is available.

Also I think, if I am not mistaken, we are speaking here of days of Zoroasta, in or around 5000 BC. And with that notation, we maybe speaking of times back to Plato's dating of 9000 BC with the "Birth" of Mashir/Mehr. And if I was not mistaken, Mehr was a Kianian, a decendant of Kian, (Cain, as in The Land of Nod? [SOLELY MY OBSERVATION WITH NO HISTORCAL ARTIFACT TO PROVE THIS TODATE!] )

The Evidence is being unearthed rapidly right now, due to the coming Flooding of the region, and I would expect the news will continue at a rapid pace. (As long as the U.S. does go and bomb them back into the Stone Age.)

So, I think we should keep an Eye on this area, and see what else appears in the weeks to come.

As an aside, the Cultural Pages linked to the left side of the News Reports offers some other finds of note, again, with a direct link to cultures quite ancient, according to curret views in general.

And for the skeptical. This is total conjecture on my part offered for consideration and discussion.

Until the next regional review.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I was just watching a show on pyramids last night on the History channel. How is this for precision: Comparing two of the lower corners at a distance of around 1000 feet there was only a difference of 1/2 inch.

And I don't know that we can do that very easily with todays technology. That's some cool stuff to think about. And some of the Egyptian pyramids were aligned wth the stars in Orions belt, at an even more distant time in the past, making the pyramids perhaps even older than has been thought.

Anyway, that shows that there were some advanced minds at work.

I have read about there being a water canopy over the earth in the past. That might seem difficult to imagine, but why not? We've got water up there now in the form of clouds, and that's quite amazing in itself. The water just evaporates and rises, stays above the earths surface as clouds, then falls again. And we've got an ozone layer up there, another layer. If this layer, some how fell, that could create quite a flood. Yet another theory. I know some people might tear the theory apart, but that doesn't matter, the truth is what really matters, not how unlikely it might sound. I myself don't know, but it could account for a massive flood.

Troy

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

www.iranian.ws...

Based on pottery relics and Qanat irrigating system found in the Achaemenid settlement, he estimates the area has been an agricultural and industrial city, dating back to 6th or 7th millenniums BC.

So we have an Ancient Community being uncovered with evidence to suggest it may well date back to 7000 BC. So I wonder what will be offered in light of this?

A more complete quote from your source reveals more:

"Right now we have no detailed information on the creation of Bam and we hope our studies and excavations would lead to gaining some insights into how the ancient city was developed, from the Achaemenid Empire to later eras," Adle added.
Situated in the desert on the southern edge of the Iranian high plateau, Bam developed as a crossroads of trade in silk and cotton. Its origins can be traced to the Achaemenid period (6th-4th century BC)
(my emphasis)

The city that was uncovered post-dates the burials and ovens you speak of below:

www.iranian.ws...

Archeological excavations in Bolaghi Gorge historical site led to the discovery of the remains of three skeletons dating back to 5000 BC in a single grave.....
AND
the joint team of archeologists has discovered 5 clay ovens belonging to the fifth millennium BC

So in these two links, we are seeing Culturally, this region has many more undiscovered historcial places than we may have been lead to believe.

I do not think we have been "led to believe" any such thing. We "lead ourselves" to believe it, possibly, through not bothering to learn about it. The information about ancient sites in the Middle East is certainly out there and available. The Bolaghi Gorge site that is referenced above is part of a larger overall area that is rich with ancient artifacts, and has been known about for decades. From the site you linked:

The 18-kilometer Bolaghi Gorge is located 9 kilometers from the world heritage site of Pasargadae and is considered part of its landscape.

Originally posted by ShaneWell, we have a Community from about 7000 BC which was in ruin, (if I am not mistaken by Floods, Many Floods), and built over a few times, and then burials from 5000BC with Ovens from this period (4-5000 BC) as well.

There is no mention at all of any flood in the region of Bam, the city being discussed at the site you linked. This city absolutely does not date "from about 7,000 BC" as you state, is says so right there on the site you linked.

Originally posted by ShaneWell we have something evident from 7000 BC, that denotes civilized and advancing peoples, and a short period after, (2000 Years) we find some very basic type of Burials with meager and "Neolithic" type of items.
...Something of some measure must have occured to have a Backwards sort of step take place.

Since, as you now presumably see, we do not "have something evident from 7000 BC that denotes civilized and advancing peoples," there is no anomaly here that might indicate that steps backward were taken.

I have read about there being a water canopy over the earth in the past. That might seem difficult to imagine, but why not? We've got water up there now in the form of clouds, and that's quite amazing in itself...
And we've got an ozone layer up there, another layer. If this layer, some how fell, that could create quite a flood.
...the truth is what really matters, not how unlikely it might sound. I myself don't know, but it could account for a massive flood.

The amount of water you are talking about, were it held in the air, would make the atmosphere unbreathable. That is, you would drown trying to breath. Also, though many don't know this, the principle greenhouse gas is water vapor. Imagine the greenhouse effect if the "water canopy" were true.

Here's some links that will maybe help you see the folly of the global flood idea. The second addresses this very question of the water canopy:
www.talkorigins.org...
www.talkorigins.org...

www.talkorigins.org...
The last takes you to a list of links to many different pages concerning the problems associated with different aspects of the flood, one of them was posted earlier in this thread.

Harte

posted on May, 6 2006 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm not terribly thrilled with the article discussing the vapor canopy. It reminds me too much of the argument being used to state that wormholes will always collapse at the neck, seconds after being created, because of the null energy condition. This argument immediately springs a leak because,

"Violations of the null energy condition are known to occur in a number of situations. And their argument would prohibit any violation of it," the scientist commented. If that's true, then don't worry about Hawking radiation from a black hole; the entire black hole vacuum becomes unstable."(from a BBC article on the subject of wormholes as star gates, May 23rd, 2005.)

The thing to notice is that there are violations of the null energy condition, just as there are pockets of water already floating around in the air, in the form of clouds. To state, unequivocally, therefore, that a vapor canopy isn't possible, is a perfect example of the misuse of empirical process.

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
The thing to notice is that there are violations of the null energy condition, just as there are pockets of water already floating around in the air, in the form of clouds. To state, unequivocally, therefore, that a vapor canopy isn't possible, is a perfect example of the misuse of empirical process.

Well, I don't know much about "null energy," but I am pretty much all the way caught up on steam and the properties of water vapor. I'm not gonna argue that "even God couldn't do it." of course - I mean that would be a real waste of time. But I can very easily argue that there was no water canopy.

At any given temperature and pressure, there is only a certain amount of water vapor that can be held in our atmosphere. Of course, since temperature and pressure vary widely with distance from the surface and geographic location, air that is holding water vapor, passing into an area of different conditions, begins to "lose" some of the vapor. Initially, the vapor forms extremely small droplets of liquid water - that is when the vapor becomes visible as a cloud. Usually, because of the variations mentioned, a cloud, once formed, will "cycle" through several permutations, meaning that while one part of the cloud is giving up water back into vapor form in the air, another part of the cloud may be gaining liquid droplets out of the air. This is what causes the "boiling" look you see in clouds on film being played in fast-motion.

Whether you like the "canopy theory" page at Talk Origins or not, the subject they are discussing, water vapor, has been fully understood for basically 300 years or so. Water vapor is an actual state of actual water that you can actually experiment with in an actual lab. It is not a theoretical force or particle that arises out of some arcane computer generated modeling of even more arcane, and highly theoretical, physics equations.

I suggest you re-read the "water canopy page." What part of the following represents a "misuse of the empirical process"?

There would have to be enough vapor to form 9km of liquid, when condensed(EDIT - this 9km is the amount of water that had to cover the land in a world-wide flood of Biblical proportions [basically to cover Mount Everest]. Harte), and, therefore the vapor would weigh as much as 9km of water. The pressure at the earth's surface, where Noah and family lived, would be equal to one atmosphere PLUS the weight of a 9km column of water of unit area. This is equivalent to the pressure 9km deep in the ocean. What is this pressure? Well, each 10m of water is roughly equivalent to one atmosphere, so the pressure would be 900 atmospheres. The atmosphere would also have a composition of about 900 parts water vapor to one part of what we call air today.

How could an atmosphere almost 100% water vapor not condense? The temperature would have to be raised to the point where the partial pressure of water equals 900 atmospheres, i.e. the boiling point at that pressure. So we find Noah et al. living in a 13,000psi boiler. Is this credible?

As you can see, 9km of water, all over the world, is an awful lot of water. This webpage doesn't even address the global greenhouse effect this water would have, but it does show that, for our atmosphere to even hold that much vapor, the temperature would have to be unlivable. Remember, the "water canopy" idea states that this canopy existed from the beginning all the way up to the flood. If that were true, then there wouldn't have been any life on Earth beyond various forms of bacteria.

Anyway, these figures can be played with by anyone that wishes, if you want to think maybe the water didn't actually have to cover some of the higher mountains. All the calculations are linear - so if you wanted, say, 4 km of water covering the land in the flood, then you're talking about 400 atmospheres of pressure (that's 5,880 psi to the "civilized" world
), you'd have 400 parts water to 1 part air, etc., etc., etc.

BTW - the "900 parts water vapor to 1 part air" part is why you would drown. You couldn't breath if air was 400 parts water to one part air either.

Of course, in God, all things are possible. But since that is so, then I submit there was no "water canopy" anyway, because what's to keep God from just "creating" water for 40 days and 40 nights, and "uncreating" it when He was done with His Tantrum?

Harte

[edit on 5/7/2006 by Harte]

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Hello my friend

But then again, if your God was/had been once known to have dwelt upon a mountain is it not common sense, the ones who had/have become seperated from their God, would build a monument in the hope their God would once again dwell with them.

Then why didn't the Jews build OTHER "mountain shapes" in other places?

We do have the temples (with inscriptions, etc) that they built for their deity to come live among them. They're all boxes.

Around the Great Pyramid and the two slightly lesser pyramids and the other six pyramids there and the avenue of sphynxes are the temples and gravesites of the officians who built the pyramids (they have their titles and accomplishments recorded on the walls of their tombs, you see) -- and the inscriptions are all in hieroglyphics. Not the Hebrew alphabet.

Nor is the language Hebrew.

Since Egypt wasn't ruled by the Jews at any time, it doesn't make sense that it would have been done by them. If they'd tried (a 20 year project), the Pharoah's army would have marched in and slaughered them all and carried the stones off to be used in the Pharoah's projects.

Exactly when did some science department come to you garden and verify a 16' Lephracaun wasn't living in the Hollow Log? Your being Silly, aren't you!

Uh... any second now?

The Bible, the Torah, the Koran all discuss the Firmament.
The Aboriginies have tales which speak to this.
The Dogon also have tales which speak to this.

Actually, all primitive societies believed the Earth was flat and the sky was a bowl that covered the Earth. And almost all of them have tales of animals that talked (though animals don't have the mouth structures for speech) and so forth.

But they're all different in many ways and none of them describes a "vapor canopy" because they all talk about the sun and many worshipped the sun. With a vapor canopy, you wouldn't get any sunlight!

[edit on 7-5-2006 by Byrd]

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Hello Harte

Your observations are noted as you indicated, and exactly as the Links I offered detailed.

In the General sense, we are discussing a community/settlement that seems to indicate an origin from around 7000 BC. We are also finding some Ancient Burials of people that died some 2000 years later, but resemble a more primitive culture.

That's all I am noting.

Nothing changed in this respect. Speculation for comments and discussion. Observations of what is being noted, solely as I offered.

And My Friend Byrd

I kept these to deal with in each case. As you noted

1: Then why didn't the Jews build OTHER "mountain shapes" in other places?

2: We do have the temples (with inscriptions, etc) that they built for their deity to come live among them. They're all boxes.

3: Around the Great Pyramid and the two slightly lesser pyramids and the other six pyramids there and the avenue of sphynxes are the temples and gravesites of the officians who built the pyramids (they have their titles and accomplishments recorded on the walls of their tombs, you see) -- and the inscriptions are all in hieroglyphics. Not the Hebrew alphabet.

1: Thats a great question, and all I can offering is this. Israel have had God with them since Moses led them from Egypt and into the Wilderness. When God is within the community and his presence is carried within the Ark of the Covenant, it sort of makes the nessessity to create something to reach and find their God, unrequired. I trust you pickup on what I mean.

2: The Temple, was not something constructed to Find their God. The Temple was to give God's presence a home. Prior to this, His Ark resided in a Tent. I hope this was in respects to the Temple in Jerusalem otherwise I have misunderstood you.

3: And here, maybe my chance Byrd, since it's the nearest you have been in getting this.

I will use your response verbatim

Around the Great Pyramid and the two slightly lesser pyramids and the other six pyramids there and the avenue of sphynxes are the temples and gravesites of the officians who built the pyramids (they have their titles and accomplishments recorded on the walls of their tombs, you see) -- and the inscriptions are all in hieroglyphics.

Of course, you will find this exaclty as you note and I echoed. This is a fact you even agree with.

As we have discussed previously I am of the Opinion Enoch was involved in the construction of the Great Pyramid. Israel and our Jewish Brothers come from Enoch's Family but He predates these peoples by many Generations. None of the Pyramids where ever constucted by Jews or Israel proper, unless under slavery of course, and slaves do not get Artisitc Liberties, so I would never expect to see Hebrew

And as you are pointing out, "Around" the Great Pyramid, there is all this pagan diety worship. But it is not evident in the Great Pyramid at all. This is beacuse the Great Pyramid is much greater than generally accepted by many, including you.

But that is again, your Opinion as I have mine. And all in all, they do not differ much, accept in respects to a small percentage (4%). I am sure the Firmament will be a different thing.

Ciao

Shane

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Hey Great subject.

Yes there is evidence of a Great Flood written in numerous cultures. Research was done down in South America which dated it around 10 or 12,000 years ago which does not match up with the other information we call myths. The research was done around 12,000+ feet and science can not logically explain it so it is a myth too.

It has of coarse something to do with the UFO phenamona.

Sorry for not posting the links. Once I find them again you can be the skeptic and research all the Universities involved.

The information is not being accepted due to the UFO myth behind the story which are the GODS of ancient HISTORY.

Pssst.... They aint tellin us.

[edit on 23-5-2006 by Unrealbutreal]

posted on Aug, 3 2007 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Sorry to be excavating an old thread but this subject just never really goes away.

I consider 3 plausible possibilities:
Consider the geography of the part of the 'known world' at the time of the legendary flood - it was pretty much at the eastern end of the mediterranean sea but what if it wasn't in fact as much of a sea at that time due to a natural dam at the straits of Gilbraltar keeping the Atlantic ocean out. Large civilisations could have established below what was to become the new sea level when that natural dam suddenly failed allowing the mediterranean to fill to the ocean level and in the process wiping out whole cities and civilisations. A similar scenario is possible in the sea north of Istanbul where a natural blockage at the Bosphorus could have failed with no warning causing the Black Sea to flood virtually overnight.
If it was a global event I believe the 'smoking gun' is in plain sight every morning and evening and we call it Venus. This planet is the oddball of our solar system considering atmospheric condition and especially the fact that it rotates on its axis the opposite direction to the other planets. The atmosphere could be the violent response of a frozen world being suddenly in the presence of a sun which releases the vast amounts of gas that make the planet the most reflective object in the sky. Perhaps Venus wandered into our solar system in those ancient times and was captured by our sun but passed close enough to earth to cause mammoth tides which swept over the globe.
Nothing happened at all, the seashells in the mountains are explained by geological upheavals and all the worldwide myths of the global flood are just a remarkable coincidence. (more farfetched than 1 or 2 IMHO)

posted on Aug, 4 2007 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pilgrum

Nothing happened at all, the seashells in the mountains are explained by geological upheavals and all the worldwide myths of the global flood are just a remarkable coincidence. (more farfetched than 1 or 2 IMHO)

Actually, many of those myths of a global flood are 'just so' stories intended to explain, amongst other things, why there are seashells on the top of mountains

Fortunately, we have the benefit of knowledge and know better!

posted on Jun, 20 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Let's don't forget to mention the many whale fossils being discovered around the world, including the country side of Italy and African deserts. Why are we finding trees that have been fossilized through many layers of strata (polystrata fossils)? Plus, we aren't finding fossilized roots with these trees. What does that mean? The trees were ripped from the ground by a massive flood, transported and buried in mud (sometimes upside down!).

The flood stories around the world did not originate from the "black sea" story! If they did, then why do they say the "world" flooded? These people know what the world is, heck they traveled to the jungles of the Philippines and other parts of the world!

I've done my homework. I travelled the world in the past 4 years, over 30 countries, spent tons of money to research this very topic and I can tell you - "There was a GLOBAL flood!" Let's get down to the most simple and basic of questions...

The world is 73% water. Why does it seem absurd to consider the remaining 27% of the earth was once covered in water? Where did all the water go? Ever been to the ocean?

Jeremy - www.arkhunter.com

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join