It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven>

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FaithNoMore
Is this like a featured article in this forum?

No/yes, it's just topped, people don't need to read it.

Anyway, hate to put a downer on this thread but there could be other possibilities than your experience being "heaven"

You aren't a downer FNM. I understand others will interpret my experience for themselves. All I can do and all that I feel charged with is sharing my story in the most accurate way possible. Truth be told this is half the reason I wrote this thread...on a word file It was for me and me alone, I didn't plan on sharing it at the time.....but....I know with the passage of time the mind can alter events and change circumstance. It may not be your intention, just something I know happens with time and age. This is why I initially recorded my experience to an unchanging format like the written word. If you see no spiritual value in my experience it's okay....or if it makes you think for just a moment that's okay too.

Besides, you don't know if the same will occur when you die, or that it will be eternal.

That's a great point, I don't know I only know what I experienced and have faith in.

edit on 8/9/2011 by kinglizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Peace

and thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
thank you for your story and blessing to you... kx

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
thanks for sharing your experience, it has really made me think.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Finally someone else knows he is real! Married or not i would have stayed. Given the chance i will stay, we all have to die before we can reach him and its better to get it over with. What a chance, i wouldn't have passed it up for anything or anyone, even my family and i love them, but i love God more.

I wouldnt have had the strength to leave heaven, if a doorway opened in front of me to heaven i'd dive through it regardless if there was any air to breathe. It sounds funny but its true, after my experience with the Holy Spirit i know there is more beyond this shallow world. I know EXACTLY what you were feeling, the Holy Spirit came to me and shone on me on july 3rd and i felt the love,awe,joy,reverence and glory of the Lord to the point where my spirit fought my body and i hit my knees and knelt because i knew i was in the presence of God or he was looking at me in the least.

Bless you for your message bother

edit on 12-8-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

24 yrs ago my son was in a near fatal accident and had a NDE. He too had chest tubes in both lungs and on a ventilator. His body was very broken, complete with a traumatic brain injury.

When first conscious and coming out of his post trauma fog he spoke of flying toward the sun. I asked very few questions, choosing rather to listen but I did as if he was ever IN the light. He replied that no, he had never been IN it, only going towards it. He also said that on his journey back to his body he was scolded by a voice for *stopping to sing in the trees* as he too explained feeling so joyous, loved, and free.

Now his life is very different, not the life a mother would choose for her son, however I recalled rushing into the ER and begging God not to take my son. I promised I would deal with ANYTHING if only I did not lose my son! So I try to keep this promise when I see him following the beat of a different drum than most of the rest of us. What I have learned over the yrs is often he is far more concerned with helping others than his own comfort or well being. Also, he chooses today to call this energy or God or whatever a person wishes to call it: Infinity

He is also happier and more content with the transient life he lives than any 10 people I can think of all combining their happiness together. I have come to the conclusion my son is far more free than I am. He wakes up and gives no worry for he knows, Infinity will take care of him no matter what happens or where he goes, so his priority is helping other people feel some of his joy and contentment.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Absolutely amazing experience. NDE's have been scientifically proven not to be a psychological illusion so don't take any notice of the nay sayers who will obviously cling to the phrase "it was all in your head".

The fact is millions of people have seen what you have and they all describe the same thing, which just proves the after life is real, and so is Jesus. God bless you and continue sharing your story..
edit on 13-9-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I've had a similar experience once and I pray to experience it again I talked to a being that is all in white with white hair and beard with piercing eyes that saw all of me. He also did not need to talk when communicating with me.The first thing that happened when I arrived was being filled with unexplainable LOVE and realizing the love I have inside is also part of the LOVE spirit , that what I was experiencing is the Kingdom of Heaven and that this LOVE is what is growing on earth from past,present and future and also when the fullness of this LOVE comes to the earth and mankind that it will solve all problems and bring in the fullness of the Kingdom of GOD.

posted on Oct, 4 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by seattlelaw
Now that is interesting to me. The entire concept of sin I simply don't buy into. It's a huge part of the Catholic Church to feel the guilt of your sin - original sin even! Meaning that every infant is born with the stain of original sin. This I find preposterous. There is nothing as wonderful and so clearly representing God's light on earth than a new-born.

I don't believe God finds anything wrong with any of us unless it is our own self-imposed punishment. The concept of a God of retribution - the concept of an angry God is now foreign to me. I do believe Jesus was here to show us a path to God, but I do not believe that God retaliates against us for not following that path. I do not believe that there is a chalk board somewhere where our "sins" are tabulated and weighed against our good deeds to determine whether we have gained access to heaven, nirvana or whatever. If sin can be defined as doing what is not truly representative of who you are - which would be a lie - then that is one thing. But the church's reliance on the concept of sin and absolution is a hook to get the masses to buy into their program. The program (like Scientology) cannot be completed without the assistance of their priest which makes membership in the church required to get the desired hall pass to heaven.

This is dogma. And while I know that dogma spelled backwards is am god, I do not believe God holds much truck with dogma.

seattle,

"Original Sin" is fact, it's not a guilt trip. Adam fell, sinning and the consequences of
his choice for him and all of his descendents. In the Sacrament of Baptism, we are born
again as Jesus explained in John 3. "Original Sin" is removed, we're born again with
God's presence in us, His grace in our soul. A few verses further, you read Our Lord and the Apostles went out and baptized.

The same with sin and absolution. Both are true. The Church cannot keep anyone,
You don't have to believe in the teachings of Christ given His Church.

If you are a Bible believer, Our Lord specifically speaks of "absolution" to the first
priests, the Apostles. Jesus said "whose sins you shall forgive"... in John 20:23.

posted on Oct, 10 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
God Bless You for sharing your story.
It's a miracle that you survived your lung illness - another gift from God along with allowing you to see part of His kingdom. Yes, God and Heaven are real.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
nice

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I believe you! Absolutely! Without a doubt! I will keep you in my prayers for continued healing and that God will heal you completely! I believe that God allows certain people to see a glimpse of heaven sometimes because he knows those of us who are strong and courageous enough to go and tell it. Good job!....and thanks for sharing your glimpse of heaven! Your story is very similar to that of many others that I have heard. You are very blessed as you have seen firsthand what those of us who know Christ have to look forward to!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Would you mind telling me what you experienced? I felt a light fill my body and holes in my palms. The light inside me was radiating from my palms, I saw nothing unusual, but I felt so much bliss and also love.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
3 letters:
D
M
T

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

I believe we already understand each others position.

It's okay

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Two months ago (February 2006) I was moving a television set and pulled a muscle in my back. The pain only increased over the next couple days. It got so bad that instead of sleeping I had to take a series of standing catnaps at night because I couldn’t sit or lay down without excruciating pain. Finally I decided to go to the emergency room at the closest hospital where they gave me heavy doses of pain medicine and muscle relaxers to ease the pain before sending me home. The pain medicine would ease the pain a bit but I still wasn’t able to sleep. The next evening I decided to return to the hospital. They gave me a large intravenous dose of the most powerful pain medicine available, something called dilaudid. That dose eased the pain and allowed me to sleep that evening.

The next day the pain was back, I was out of my mind and could hardly walk. Obviously I was headed back to the hospital. I was vomiting and uncontrollably moaning from the pain. I remember the 10 min ride to the emergency room seemed like it would never end as every pebble we hit in the road sent me into uncontrollable pain. I couldn’t get out of the car on my own so they came to the car with a wheelchair and wheeled me in so that I could sign in. They thought the only problem with me was that I had a pulled muscle so I wasn’t a priority and had to wait in the wheelchair for almost four hours. I have never known such pain.

Finally it’s time for me to be screened. They take my temperature and it’s a bit high. They take my blood oxygen level and determine that the machine is broken so they take it again only to get the same impossibly low reading. The nurse, still thinking it’s broken, gets her personal device and gets the same reading. Then all hell breaks loose, it’s a full blown emergency to save my life.

They determine that I have double pneumonia (both lungs), third stage empyema and a kidney infection. Empyema is when a lung infection fills the sack that surrounds the lung. The infection bleeds through the lung tissue and collects in this sack.

The doctors immediately came to me for permission to do an emergency chest tube. I asked if it would help and was told it was imperative to attempt to drain the infection from my lungs. All I could say was “let’s do it”. The tube was about the same diameter as a mans thumb. It was going to be pushed through my chest about 6 inches below by right armpit. They can only numb you so far as they can’t numb your entire chest so the first few inches would be ok but the rest of the way to my lung would be unbelievably painful. The doctor/surgeon had to repeat the procedure three times as he couldn’t get the tube in the right spot. I was told that the doctor felt really bad because he knew how much pain he was causing me and I was repeatedly thanking him for having the knowledge to help me during the procedure. He said it really touched him that even though he was causing me incredible pain I was thanking him.

Obviously I’m admitted to the hospital. I’m not sure how long it was but they had to do another chest tube, I had a total of five ranging from the diameter of a mans thumb to the diameter of a pencil. Some went through my side and some through the front of my chest. Anyway when they were going to do the next large chest tube I knew the pain I was going to have to endure. I held my cross necklace in my right hand just before the procedure. They were about to begin, I needed strength to get through the inevitable pain. I started saying “Help me Jesus” out loud over and over again. I never stopped I just kept saying “Help me Jesus” again and again and again. Then at some point I guess I stopped breathing but to me I was aware (though not in the room) and still saying “Help me Jesus”.

Every time I said “Help me Jesus” I rose a little higher in the air. I said it again and rose higher and higher. This happened over and over. I noticed I was in absolutely no pain and realized Jesus was helping me. The “sky” held a golden lace curtain though it was solid and very large. It extended as far as I could see and was directly in front of me. I say lace because it was ornate with gaps between the “carvings”. I was bathed in a bright white light that came from a single source. It shown through the gaps in the gold “lace” curtain and touched my soul. It made you feel endless love, complete peace and supreme happiness. Without a doubt it was God.

The higher I ascended the brighter and more powerful the light. I remember after a while thinking I that I died because you always hear of near death experiences where people see the bright light and feelings of extreme love and peace. I was still repeating “help me Jesus” and thought to myself what a wonderful feeling, I wanted to go higher and way praying that my ascent wouldn’t end because I wanted to feel more of this love and peace. I wanted to get closer to this source, closer to the light. I remember feeling warm from the inside out, not hot just absolutely perfect and comfortable, a deep warmth that’s difficult to explain. I don’t know if I had a body but I certainly felt like myself.

The light as it reflected off the ornate gold openings sparkled and felt alive. It was so wonderful, more wonderful than anything here on earth. I knew I was in the presence of God. Finally I found myself floating just above a golden city. Softly, peacefully I was floating just outside a beautiful golden wall that seemed to surround heaven. I was floating slowly down the wall just above it’s highest point allowing me to see beyond the wall and into the “city”. This was the closest I was to the white light (God). The gold lace curtain was somewhere below me and the light came from just above the “city” (heaven). Nothing was between me and the light and I felt like I was home.

Looking over the wall I could see gold pillars with platter looking objects sitting on top. The weird thing is when I looked at these objects from 100’s of feet away I could also smell them...yes I could smell these objects just by looking at them. It was a godly, royal scent...almost sweet...it's difficult to accurately describe but it felt like it could only come from God. Still floating down the outside and above the wall bathed in light I looked at and smelled maybe 5 or 6 more of these objects, it was intoxicating and I never wanted it to end. A voice came, I don’t know if it was out loud or not but I suspect God spoke directly to my mind. He said “you may stay here or you can return". Without anything said I knew if I chose to return God would heal everything in my body. My thoughts turned to my family and in an instant I said “I would like to return”. I know even though I was in such peace and love, being toughed by God I still chose to return. That is the last thing I remember from that experience. I woke and was heard saying “I touched the face of God and he said everything was going to be OK”….and it was…

I will never be the same…

I had a ventilator breathing for me for 11 or 12 days and in the hospital for a total of 18 days. During that time I had surgery on my right lung to remove the empyema and remove some of the infection. I had another complication where my lungs lost all their stretchiness ARDS (Adult Respiratory Distress Syndrome). A lot of people die from just that but my lungs healed and I recovered, just like God said. I have almost completely recovered from everything though I’m not sure if I will regain the function of the lower part of my right lung.

I know God allowed me to return for some reason. I pray everyday that he will reveal his plan to me though I get the feeling that part of that plan is for me to share this story.

God is no longer an untouchable faith to me, he is real, real as you or me, I was in his presence. I feel so very blessed by this experience and am so thankful that I am able to share this story with you.

God bless you all…

EDIT: It’s difficult to Photoshop what I saw on my ascent to heaven but this is close. The ornate gold curtain was much more beautiful, like it was carved and the light really came to life when it came through the openings. Also it felt more open and bright.

[edit on 3/1/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I had in the year 2004 a NDE while I was in Equatorial Guinea, West Africa.
I contracted Brain Malaria, which normally is a deadly disease, kills people in about a 98% of the cases, I was lucky to survive.
The Medical Dr. , who use to work in the hospital, inform me after I came out of the coma, that he revived me with a defibrillator, after nearly 9 long minutes in which my heart stopped working, I was dead.
The first thing I see (That is what I recall today) is a very bright white light, I see far away into the light figures, they are not clear, but they resemble people, in small groups, and some others alone, I try to get inside the light but I hear a voice that says- its not your time yet-
I feel surrounded by peace, the same is inside me, I dont feel any pain, everything is calm.
I awake in a hospital bed, I feel myself full of joy, I can remember things from my childhood that I didn't knew or remember they existed, my memory has brightened in 100% anything I read or I see I can remember it even if it has elapsed a lot of months.
I feel the interior of myself full of peace, I can see some colors surrounding people. I feel with so much peace inside me that makes my life full of joy. If this was a gift given to me during this experience, I dont fear death or anything in this moment. Now I am sure about an afterlife and that the soul is eternal. Thnks for reading my post.
Fernando

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
WoW! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with all of us! It made my day

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
"And on my deathbed.. I will pray to the gods and the angels, like a pagan to anyone who will take me to heaven."

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Kinglizard, forgive me if the question I'm about to ask has already been asked, because I haven't been able to read the hundreds of posts in this wonderful thread; but before your ascension and even before pulling the muscle in your back, how did you live your life? How did you know you were saved? What were your daily habits that qualified you to enter heaven? Did you read the Bible/pray/preach, or anything special, or did you just dedicate your life to Christ and repent?

Don't take this as an attack on the credibility of your story, because I truly believe in it. Just trying to find some direction in life! I'm 17 by the way

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join