It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven>

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Two months ago (February 2006)... I knew I was in the presence of God...

Wow.

I was very interested in NDEs, being as it was that my father had an experience. This began my own journey of faith.

I have two questions:

1. Being this as it is two years later, how has your outlook changed?

2. Many of the people who "get into" NDEs end up getting involved with the occult, such as Dr. Raymond Moody (Oracle at Delphi, seeing in mirrors, etc.) or being false prophets like Dannion Brinkley. Almost across the board, they make a lot of money publishing and speaking. Do you have any comments about this?

3. Some NDEs are reported as being hellish experiences documented by Maurice Rawlings and Angie Fenimore. What do you think of these?

I promise that I am not looking for an argument, nor am I trying to drag out a 2+ year thread. But I didn't see these issues addressed in your postings.

[edit on 2008-9-10 by ScienceDada]

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I thought Bill Wiese had a vision, not a NDE.

Am I mistaken?

posted on Sep, 10 2008 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
I thought Bill Wiese had a vision, not a NDE.

Am I mistaken?

No, that may very well be the case. I have not read the book myself, and I couldn't remember who wrote the book that I did read over 10 years ago by Angie Fenimore, so I picked one that looked like it matched the hellish NDEs for illustration. It doesn't change the question that I was asking in substance.

Thank you for pointing that out! I edited my last post to correct this.

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

This was scary to find this subject given my recent exploits in the subject of near death experiences, but my recent exploits involved back, neck pain compounded with seizures and I actually coded, which as most may know coding is where the heart and lungs stop working. I was pronounced 3 times dead within an hour, However I saw nothing.

I have most recently about 2 days ago had the same problem this time the meds that where meant to help with the previous issue a month and a half ago didn't work ....needless to say I coded again, and when revived instantly began seizing for about 2 hours straight, then falling into coma for 3 more after being given meds to stop seizure, again I saw nothing.

So now here is my stance on near death and death experiences..anyone who says they are seeing things are in fact falling into a trap. THE TRAP as I see it is one of two of the following power of suggestion experiences. where they have carried the thought in their subconscious and it surfaced as a more dominate conscious mind is suppressed. The other is the scientifically proven continued electrical activity that continues after death this activity has a slow dissipation rate it has been documented that scientists believe this can last up to a month after death and the lights and such are misfires in the synapsis due to that electrical activity.

In my opinion I don't see evidence of heaven or hell experiences so how is it that anyone can see it? Don't get me wrong I'm not denying the possibility but I cant get past the science of it.

Can you help me understand how it is you see this subject the way you do, science says you had electrical activity so your brain was firing and yet your life or presence was below what is considered life, but you where in fact biologically not dead. How do you know it would be that way after the golden hour when that last spark leaves you and you are truly dead.

If you would rather you can answer via U2U so you can answer with out others debating your every word. I just need to understand how this is, how does it happen and why did I not see either heaven or hell. Is it because of the science of it being ingrained in me or does the fact I have a Doctorate in Theology have something to do with the fact I am dismissive to the input during my near death or death experience?

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
In 1958, I fell out of my uncle's hay loft falling face first. I don't remember landing. The next thing I was aware of was at treetop level looking down at my siblings and several cousins who were standing in a circle looking down towards the ground.

Jesus was next to me and he said, "It is not your time."

Then I was laying on the ground on my back looking up at my my siblings and several cousins.

My uncle and my parents took me to the doctor, but he didn't find anything wrong, because he did not check out my nose. The cartilage had broken and separated from the bone and grew out crooked.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your experience Anonymous. It sounds like you know what I know which is impossible to accurately express to someone who doesn't know. It really is something you need to experience yourself and then there is no denying what happened. Those that deny these experiences like to do thought experiment as to what they think it was, or must be similar to, or figure out some other reason form the experience but when it happens to you...you become an instant believer.

Anyway you received quite the blessing friend.

Edit: I should add that I don't blame those that doubt, It's an unbelievable thing.

[edit on 11/11/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Nov, 17 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
I never had a NDE. But I always wunder what I would see if I almost died. I am glade anonymous is still alive. God bless

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
this is retarted. jesus isn't real, heaven isn't a physical place. the fact that you think jesus helped you is laughable. you simply endured on your own, fought, and are responsible for saving your own life. you should pat yourself on the back...not jesus.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gone

I can't really blame you for your opinion, there was a time in my life when I would have agreed with you. It is an unbelievable experience that would require unbelievable scientific evidence for some to believe. All I can do is share what happened to me as accurately as possible...it will reach those it was intended to reach.

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ScienceDada

How do you figure Dannion Brinkley to be a false prophet? Is it because he goes against your Christian belief?

Dr. Raymond Moody has done extensive research on NDE and I mean extensive. He did cover many hellish experiences.

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I apologize. Retarted and laughable weren't the best words to use here.

I simply feel that you made a choice to live and instead of accepting responsibility for your courageous decision, you are doing yourself an injustice by placing that responsibility in the hands of another, whether it be Jesus, God, Krishna, Buddah, or whatever...

Most people are accustomed to placing the blame for their actions, good and bad, into the hands of another being or person to alleviate the responsibilities from themselves.

For example, a person in jail might say something like "I killed this man, but it was because I was living in sin and now I have become right with God and have been forgiven" instead of accepting the responsibility for their wrong decision on themselves. And on the other side of the fence, you are giving the responsibility of your decision to live, and actually pulling through to someone else, when it is your achievement. It was your decision in the beginning that put you where you were into your near death experience in some form or fashion and it was your decision to make it out alive.

It just amazes me how people don't want to accept responsibilities for their actions nowadays...

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Gone

Apology accepted...insult noted....again...

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deaf Alien

How do you figure Dannion Brinkley to be a false prophet? Is it because he goes against your Christian belief?

Because many/most of his predictions did not happen. He was curiously accurate about "predicting" many things in the 1980s and early 1990s, but the things that he "predicted" after the publication of his book didn't happen.

If someone claims to foretell events and they don't happen, it makes that person a false prophet, by definition.

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 03:48 AM
link   

kinglizard, I was hoping to get your comment on my previous
posting

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Ah okay. I was thinking of a different definition.

I do not know what he predicted (both accurate and failed). I was only interested in his story. I have read his book.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just read your story, and it is beautiful!! It certainly gives us all hope. Thank you for sharing your personal experience! God bless!

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 01:19 PM
link   
thats crazy. My friend and I were just talking about how we know 2 people that went through the same thing her grandpa and my grandma. And then I see this the next day...

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Thank you, KingLizard, for sharing with us your profoundly moving experience.

It is through honest, faithful individuals such as yourself that have, through miraculous efforts of your own and perhaps a bit of supernatural assistance from others, been blessed to come back and let the rest of us know what we may expect - that we need not fear - that we may indeed meet our maker in a very literal sense.

Thank you for giving those of us who have not yet had your experience some hope for the future and for our time beyond the future. May we all go forward through the remainder of our days on Earth heeding your important message:

Be kind to others - be righteous - be humble - be brave...

You have changed my life... ...in a very good way... I thank you...

[edit on 2/11/2009 by Outrageo]

posted on Feb, 11 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Wow, what a wonderful post to read upon opening this thread. I'm never sure what to expect but your post makes it all worthwhile. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your story kinglizard! I'm intrigued by the very least! I have always had a vague belief in God, but your story has helped me strengthen it.

Once again, thanks for sharing! I'm really glad that all went well. Bless you!

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join