It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven>

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
To this day, and to my dieing day, I will always believe that my freind and my mom, who'd passed from cancer several years prior, had come back, if only momentarily, to comfort me.

Good story.

I have heard of this situation being termed an After Death Communication or ADC.

Originally posted by seagull
It would be just like them to do this for someone. Which leads me back to my original question: Why me?

Apparently they value you more than you thought they did and they wanted to comfort you as well as confirm their continued existence.

Both of which are good reasons.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Very interesting story, Dbates! Something similar happened to my mother when she was a young teenager. She was about to go swimming in a pond (in Georgia I think) when she heard an audible voice that said out of nowhere, "Don't go in the water, Betsy." Her two sisters (my aunts) didn't hear it but right as they were about to go in, they saw a group of moccasins with their heads bopping out of the water. Pretty cool.

posted on Feb, 14 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Great story Ashley, I don't see how that could be considered anything but divine intervention.

posted on Feb, 20 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Hey, KL. This is from a book I read a few years ago and was reading again last night. One man's account sounded similar to your account of going through a 'golden lace curtain.' I'll type out the part of his account that matches your account here:

...Moving at high speed through a net of great luminosity, he described going through what appeared to be a grid of luminous strands...

-Beyond Death's Door
Maurice Rawlings, M.D.
Page 67

Thought you might enjoy reading that.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thought of something else to add and would like to share it here.

Upon first joining ATS, I did not believe in NDE's in a supernatural sense but now realize my own arrogance. Yes, it is true some NDE's could be dismissed as chemical reactions in the brain due to the process of dying but not all of them. Some experiences can even be replicated in a controlled setting even though they cannot explain the supernatural occurrences (like someone coming back with foreknowledge or knowing what happened miles away at the home of a loved one). Furthermore, just because something can be replicated does not mean that is the true explanation for such things. A scientist might be able to mimic/replicate something like evolutionary genetics in a lab but that does not mean that is how it happens in nature.

As a loose analogy (even though I do not believe in ET's concerning the common explanation), let's use the Stephenville UFO encounter as an example of eye witnesses vs. skeptics. The skeptics who were not there can dismiss the mile long UFO sighting and accept the explanation of F16's. Of course, the people who were there will know what they saw regardless of whether or not they are believed by others. Alright, but what if the craft they saw really did exist but had a logical explanation like a covert military aircraft? We don't necessarily have to assume the UFO was filled with extraterrestrials.

So, the people who experience NDE's might truly believe what they saw was very real to them but mistakenly assumed a supernatural explanation. But are they mistaken? We can dismiss the NDE's of others and tell them they did not realize what they saw or thought it was really an afterlife experience but really only chemicals. However, let's not insult their intelligence. Such people will know what they saw. They know it was not chemicals just like they know the distinction between reality and a dream.

[edit on 2/23/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Beyond Death's Door
Maurice Rawlings, M.D.

Just wanted to take a moment to clarify the above is a "fundie" Christian book and not new age NDE rubbish. It breaks down the examples of different NDE experiences using a Christian and Biblical perspective and explanation.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Thank you Ashley...I think I'll coast on over to Amazon and purchase that book. The similarity in the text you quoted and my experience is too close to dismiss.

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
This is an amazing account. Were you ever pronounced dead, or did you simply leave your corporeal body? It's fascinating to me, really.

I posted an account of mine over on ATS where I witnessed a miracle nativity scene and it kind of blew over considering they're more interested in conspiracies than spiritual events. I'll try to compose a more comprehensive post in this forum here and I'll look forward to seeing how you interpret it. Look for it soon, it will be entitled something to the tune of "An account of my Christmas miracle".

Your account does nothing but reinforce my faith in God.

posted on Apr, 2 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Such wonderful experiences are more than just interesting. They challenge the world view of post-Christian Western society. Just as people who observed Christ's miracles first hand could not explain them by logic, reasoning or philosophy, many people who testify to what they saw and heard after clinical death never believed it possible before they experienced it.

Read the Gospels, and you see that the unavoidable reality of life after death, and a meeting with God, was one of Jesus' main challenges to individuals and society. He went around raising the dead and even foretold his own resurrection numerous times. If he'd remained dead all his teachings would have had little credibility. It is his resurrection that above all challenges us to consider his teaching carefully, as it was observed at one point by over 500 people at once (1 Corinthians 15:6).

Beyond that, there are ever-increasing numbers of well-documented cases of astounding NDEs. Here is a link to a particularly graphic one:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

This issue can bring great blessing to people's lives!

Thanks kinglizard

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Buddy!! I have gone through your story it's very much inspiring and interestingly what you watched there is identical to what i know some people dreamed or had near death experiences like you...

Did you notice a ' throne ' where God is sitting there and big curtain behind which you thought there is God or you saw God?

I am bit confused... Do you think Prophet Jesus was God ? For Muslims Prophet Jesus is the 2nd most beloved Prophet after Prophet Muhammad and He was son of Marry and a Human being neither a God nor a Son of God... and i am actually in awe of Prophet Jesus and you might knew that we Muslim also believe in his 2nd Return ....

[edit on 21-5-2008 by LOYAL]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
KL,

As nice as you are and gentle with everyone, i doubt you could see anything but golden arches and a beautiful golden gate and all things beautiful.

I'm so glad you are here with us and able to tell the story.

You are a blessing.

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LOYAL

I find it interesting that other people experienced similar events during their NDE. I didn't see a thrown or curtain....just the things I wrote about in the opening post. I do know the Muslim view of Jesus though I am a Christian and and subscribe to that view. When I called on him he came to me and took my hand bringing me to the father. It was wonderful....

[edit on 5/21/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on May, 21 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

What a blessing you just gave me...thank you so much dg.

posted on Jun, 5 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
When I called on him he came to me and took my hand bringing me to the father. It was wonderful....

Jesus took your hand? Why didn't you mention that originally?!

What did he look like?

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure I wrote about me calling on his name in the opening post. Every time I called on Jesus I rose a little into the light. I haven't read what I wrote for a while but me calling for Jesus and him taking me to the father is described.

Anyway I didn't see any physical bodies, not even my own but God and our souls are not bound by flesh....well I guess we are until "death".

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Since the word of GOD is the only source of truth, we must rely on the teachings of IT, and not on experiences to determine what truth is.

Scripture teaches that "NO MAN HAS ASCENDED TO HEAVEN but he that came down from heaven, even the son of man which is in heaven." (John 3:13)

"David has not ascended to heaven..." Acts 2:34

No one has "gone to heaven" or "hell" because the dead are just that ... DEAD. The times of the resurrections, respectively, have not yet occured (Revelation 20:4-5). Only Jesus Christ has been resurrected to a state of immortality so far as he is the "firstborn from the dead" (Colossians 1:18).

The consciousness can make imaginations of the mind seem very real, whether in an altered-state or sub-conscious state. Experiences that seem real can never trump the truth of scripture, but rather, must be viewed for what they are ... vivid imagery in the consciousness, many times with the help of the fallen angelic realm, who specialize in posing as "light beings" and "spirit guides" and even call themselves "Jesus" to those gullible people who are prone to seeking this kind of supernatural activity, which falls in the category of spiritism, a thing that scripture forbids.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Thanks for expressing your view David.

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   
My view isn't what matters. However, the truth of scripture is what matters. It is the only standard to help us determine erroneous assumptions.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by David365]

posted on Jun, 6 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Again, I understand your position. As you must have noticed by now I am not dead. Interpret my experience any way you like and I will continue to tell it exactly how it happened.

Bottom line....I called on Jesus in the ICU....he came and took me to the light...I was given a choice...I made that choice and returned. Label it how you will and file it accordingly, you will find no argument from me.

Take care...

posted on Jun, 7 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by David365
My view isn't what matters. However, the truth of scripture is what matters. It is the only standard to help us determine erroneous assumptions.

[edit on 6-6-2008 by David365]

I don't mean to budge into this conversation, so please forgive me, but shouldn't we take Paul into consideration. It is clear by way of scripture that he had, what some would refer to, as an out of body, near death experience, when he was caught up to the third heaven. (II Cor 12:2-4) Paul said he was caught up into paradise, the third heaven.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join