It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

<My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven>

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
To those who are skeptical, the nature of messageboards is that if the majority of people don't like what you say, they will ultimately ignore you.

If you really want to get through to people you need a face-to-face sit down with them. Since genuine skeptics are so rare, it's fairly hopeless.

Fortunately, NDE, LGM, and other sorts of beliefs are fairly benign. Leave them be. It's not worth it.

C

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Hello,

Thanks for sharing that. Some people who have had NDEs say they have experienced something like a life review. Did you have one? Also, did you get a sense of what kind of existence souls had where you went. What were they engaged in doing?

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hello Silenceisall!

I didn't have a life review and I didn't see any other people or souls in heaven. All I could see was the golden curtain on my ascent, God in the form of light and heaven. I often wonder if I had said yes to staying if suddenly I would see other people and angels or if I would have been added to the light...etc. Guess I'll have to wait until next time!

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kinglizard

Hi Kinglizard,
Just wanted to comment on how truly amazing it is as to how long this particular thread has survived. I know that the skeptics won't agree, but personally, I believe that it has a divine purpose to fulfill. Thank you for sharing it with us.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
kinglizard,
Amazing experience you have went through, truely something words can't even describe. Thank you for sharing your story with us, I hope you're doing a lot better now since it's been quiet some time since your near death experience. God bless, and once again thank you.

Armin

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
I often wonder if I had said yes

Do you mind if I ask why you did decide to return? My mother in law "died" over thirty years ago and was taken to Heaven by an angel. She was asked the same question but the angel actually tried to get her to stay with her/him/it. It was more like, "You can go back but if you want but if you stay with me, I promise everything will be fine for your family if you don't."

I think I'd have a hard time with this. Many people also report being asked this question, they decide to stay, are told they have to go back, beg to stay, then wake up in their body after medical staff revives them.

I have no recollection of this but a few months ago I was very, very sick. My husband came into our bedroom to give me some more medicine but I told him not to bother because "they" were already here to take me home. It's possible an angel was there but my logical mind blames it on delirium.

My mother and I have both encountered angels so it's not that I'm being a skeptic for the sake of being a skeptic (because I do believe). I just never understood why someone would choose to stay unless they had children (that would be my main reason).

My grandmother died the day before yesterday of ALS. She was completely paralyzed from head to toe at the end (could not blink, talk, eat, smile, etc.). But right before she passed she started moving her mouth and talking (something she could not do). We kept asking her what she was trying to say but she never even took notice of us- just kept looking up and talking. Then, she was gone.

[edit on 1/13/2008 by AshleyD]

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Oh, and my grandmother's experience made me think of something else. I can't remember the name but does anyone remember that comedian from the 80's- Sam Kennison/Tennison (I don't remember)?

When he was in his auto accident witnesses said he started laughing and talking to someone who wasn't there and was totally oblivious to the people trying to help him. He was saying things like, "Now? *laugh* No, not yet. *laugh* No. *laugh* Now? No. *laugh* Ok, ok." Then he died.

A few years ago a friend of my grandparent's was about to pass. Seconds before he passed, he sat straight up and said something like, "Oh! It's beautiful!" Then laid down and died. I was just a little kid but it was still pretty cool.

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Ah, here we go:

"As they sat on the road, LaBove reports that Kinison was looking down the road and laughed and was talking to somebody and said, "No, not now." Then he laughed and said, "No, not yet," and laughed again. He said, "Ok, ok," then died in the arms of his best friend." (Source).

posted on Jan, 13 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing your grandmothers experience. What a powerful story!

Blessings...

posted on Jan, 15 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard

Thanks for sharing your grandmothers experience. What a powerful story!

Blessings...

Hello again, KL. Just wanted to let you know, we had her funeral today. I didn't even know about this but overheard my aunt talking to my mother. When my aunt was with my grandmother a few days ago, just a few hours before my mother and I arrived, she said my grandmother claimed to see clouds and four figures. I don't know what all happened or who she said they were. I only heard them talking about it at the very end of the service so I'm going to ask for the full story when I go back up on Saturday.

By the time we got there and right before she passed, we only saw her looking up and mumbling. That is the sad thing about ALS, the body wastes away but the mind is still sharp and clear. I'll keep you posted about whatever I find out. The clouds and four figures are all I know about this episode so far. However, as I'm sure you already know, this is the umpteenth report of something like this happening at a Christian's deathbed. I was having a really hard time today at the service until I heard my aunt talking about it. I'll let you know whatever I find out.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Kinglizard,

I am a youth pastor and fellow believer in Jesus Christ as savior. I appreciate you sharing your NDE with the rest of us here at ATS. I'm letting you know that I will be sharing your experience with my youth group tonight, and I know for a fact it will encourage them as believers.

I empathize with you Kinglizard. It is hard to come into this thread and to see those that disagree with your personal experience. This is probably the most important experience of your lifetime next to the day you realized that God loves you and died for you. You also feel that the people here at this website are important enough to you for you to become vulnerable and share a very personal and important experience that you have had. In the midst of these facts people ignore your feelings and your love for them. They simply come here seeking to destroy your experience in any way they can. When those that disagree with you come here seeking to argue and berate you it saddens me because they are not looking at this event from your perspective. No matter what this experience is truly a result of it is truly special to you. You are simply here to share one of the most special things that has ever happened to you and people berate you for it. I think that in and of itself is a testament to the power of this testimony. The fact that people like Madness and others simply come here to argue and stand against you shows that your words are powerful and influential. Be encouraged by it!

I also wanted to say that I appreciate your gracious tone and approach Kinglizard. You are not belittling anyone or pushing your agenda upon them (no matter how much some may argue otherwise). You are simply sharing your life with other people. When anger and resentment arise you quell it with simple and kind words, which is another testament to the influence God has had upon your life. I think what is frustrating to those who seek to rise against you is the fact that you are simply sharing your life experience. How can one rise up and argue against human experience and win?! They may argue that experiences are not proof. They may argue that experiences are misfirings within our human minds. However, they can't argue against the fact that this experience changed your life and gave you extraordinary sense of what is most important in life. Most importantly they can't argue against the fact that your experience has also given others profound hope and encouragement!!!

So, Kinglizard, no matter the outcome of our lives once we pass away and our bodies fail, we have hope and love and grace and peace and life to the full right now in this moment. We have faith and comfort and fulfillment and strength in this very moment. If they wish to argue against these things let them. If they wish to argue against this extraordinary life we have in our relationship with Jesus let them. It will not quell the fact that nothing right could bring more fulfillment or happiness into our lives.

In Him,
Eric

[edit on 3-2-2008 by Bugman82]

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Eric,

I can't thank you enough for your post, encouragement and understanding, it's such a huge blessing to me. It comes at a time when I really needed to hear that. I must admit that there were times in the beginning when I felt the need to defend myself. Then I laughed and realized God doesn't really need my help. I kinda feel like a steward of the experience rather than the owner. My only responsibility is to share this story as accurately and honestly as possible, God will do the rest. I's not about me, it's about God. I believe he was the architect of my experience and his intent and word is already contained within it, no need for me to defend anything...at least that is what I've come to understand.

Anyway thanks so much for your post, it has given me much strength.

Blessings...

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
To Kinglizard and Eric:

KL first;
KL, I seem to be going through a spiritual slump at times, and when I am at my lowest, I come to this thread for strength. I just wanted you to know that. Since I have moved to this small town in west Tx, I have lost fellowship with my former Church. It has become easier and easier to stray from reading and meditating upon the Word. I am experiencing a loss of closeness that I once had. Am at times beginning to doubt everything I ever believed. Your words in this thread is a refresher for me.

Eric: I thank you for the uplifting things that you said to KL. It had an impact on me. The world can be a very hard and cruel place at times. Bless you both.

posted on Feb, 3 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
sizzle, I'm so glad to read your post and learn that this thread may be helping you. I know transplanting yourself can be difficult in many ways but please work on your faith....just a little every day. You know maintain your relationship by praying, give thanks and take faithful action. This relationship can be maintained in the deepest darkest jungle or in the most congested of cities. We are here for you friend...

Blessings....

[edit on 2/3/2008 by kinglizard]

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
i'm sorry, i just have to say this again

KL, as a supermod you should realize that you have no other reason to sticky this thread aside from the propagation of a person, evangelical message and it's outright WRONG for you to keep it up here.

this thread is not informative
this thread has nothing to do with forum rules
this thread is not a resource
it's a personal attempt for you to convert people

posted on Feb, 9 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul
i'm sorry, i just have to say this again

KL, as a supermod you should realize that you have no other reason to sticky this thread aside from the propagation of a person, evangelical message and it's outright WRONG for you to keep it up here.

this thread is not informative
this thread has nothing to do with forum rules
this thread is not a resource
it's a personal attempt for you to convert people

Madness,
I think that you will find that many will disagree with you on this issue. And not just Christians. His thread is very informative. Many ppl have had NDE's and wonder about them and wish to read anything they can find on them.
KL has said nothing in this thread to attempt to convert anyone. He has only stated what it has done for him.
How dare you try to turn it into a battlefield of that sort?
Another point you bring against him is his role as a super-mod; he is not posting in a thread that he moderates. he is posting as a member.
I think you will lose the battle in this one.

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
I am trying to ascend.

posted on Feb, 12 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   

My Near Death Experience and Ascent to Heaven

This is not a discussion on what threads are, and are not, stickied in any forum. If you have an issue with the board, a member, or even a staff member, please submit a complaint.

Further off-topic posts will be removed.

Thank you,
ATS Staff

[edit on 12-2-2008 by chissler]

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 04:04 AM
link   
KingLizard. A most moving and touching story.

My own somewhat flagging faith was restored by my own experiance just over a year ago. A freind had passed from cancer after a two year fight, I was driving home from the funeral, listening to Dvorak New world symphoney on the stereo. The weather was dismal, snow, a little sleet, just generally yucky...add to that a bit of depression (I hate funerals), and I was one sad case. I was about halfway home when things got strange, the snow and bad weather stopped, the clouds on either side kind of rolled back, and went from that nasty snow gray to a kind of silverish gray, the sun burst through behind me, lighting up everything around me, two grain elevators turned a shade of gold you only see in dreams. This is when things got a little weird, though that isn't the right word. I felt two presences in the car with me, and it was like a hand was resting on my shoulder, so clear I felt I could have reached back and touched it. Along with the touch, as clear as if a voice had spoken, came the feeling(?) it's gonna be ok. To this day, and to my dieing day, I will always believe that my freind and my mom, who'd passed from cancer several years prior, had come back, if only momentarily, to comfort me.

Why me? I'll spend the rest of my days trying to figure that one out. I don't think I was THAT depressed. Sad? Yes, indeed. Michelle was/is one of the sweetest people it's ever been my pleasure to know. Of course, I feel the same way about my mom. It would be just like them to do this for someone. Which leads me back to my original question: Why me?

This was merely a glimpse, if that, of lies beyond this mortal life. Certainly not as grandious as yours KL. But profound for all of its brevity. Thanks for posting this.

posted on Feb, 13 2008 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Wow man, that's such an inspiring and powerful experience...thanks for having the courage to share it with me and the board. If you connect with that feeling and imagery just as you experienced it that day by closing your eyes and walking through it I believe it will continue to bless your life.

I try to do that myself because I never want to forget my experience or allow it to fade. I can't say I connect with it every day but several times a week I walk myself through portions of my NDE.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join