It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Katrina Kids" sing praise to Bush/FEMA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
thinkprogress.org...

“Our country’s stood beside us
People have sent us aid.
Katrina could not stop us, our hopes will never fade.
Congress, Bush and FEMA
People across our land
Together have come to rebuild us and we join them hand-in-hand!”

How's that for propaganda?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:15 PM
link   
So? You have the liberals pushing their own propaganda that says that Bush Co. did nothing. Or is it only propaganda if you don't agree with it?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
At the risk of being unpopular, what would the song look like if it was written by the thousand or so kids 'misplaced' by FEMA?

"..."

Quite a lot better, if you ask me, much more meaningful.

And these "Katrina Kids", they're not the same ones stuck out in the middle of nowhere, in a falling-down, infested trailer, with no transportation (except to WalMart once a day), no job, no housing assistance, (technically they're not homeless as long as they're residing in the borrowed trailers) no hope, are they?

Of course not. The folks who pulled through all right, I'm happy for them. But instead of singing songs praising our leader, maybe we should turn our attention to alleviating the suffering of those still displaced and in need of assistance?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   
i would say, jessica, yeah, i think you're right. cmdr, i believe you're wrong. i think the administration did nothing, which is blatently obvious to anyone who saw aid-trucks not knowing where to go, because they didn't even know the convention center was there!!

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Don't forget whose initial responsibility the disaster was: The state's. What did that level of government do for the people?

The kids are right, despite the misguided message. Bush Co. did/is bailing them out.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Well, the song isn't to far off. They were sent aid but I don't think it was suffiecent

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82
i would say, jessica, yeah, i think you're right. cmdr, i believe you're wrong. i think the administration did nothing, which is blatently obvious to anyone who saw aid-trucks not knowing where to go, because they didn't even know the convention center was there!!

Like Keen said, is the president responsible for micromanaging every state, county and local government? If so, why bother having them? The US was set up with state and local government along with a federal government to keep federal control out of the state level. Why? They had this whole fear of an all-powerful central government with little or no regional rights -- you know, the whole reason for the rebellion.

All sides had responsibility in the inaction during and after Katrina, and all sides could have done things better. That's always the case, though, because hindsight is 20/20. I can't fathom why Nagin has seemingly gotten off the hook completely for his incompetence, and instead Bush is being blamed for it. Yes, on the federal level more could have been done and faster, but on the local level, not only was the ball dropped, but it was popped, buried, and then that section of the Earth was shot into the sun.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   
the FED government did what it could. FEMA and the National Guard's response was quicker that it was for Andrew and Hugo.

YOu want to blame someone blame Mayor nagin and Gov Blanco. The DEMS were going after Bush to coverup there own incompetent leadership.

YOu did not see any of the mess that happened in LA, happen in Gulfport or Biloxi.

posted on May, 16 2006 @ 02:20 PM
link   
All, righty then. Some thing wrong with that picture or is it just me?

posted on Oct, 4 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
German children sang songs praising Hitler and the Whermacht in the 1930s and 40s.

Little did they know

top topics

join