It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Irrefutable proof? Help!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I have a video recoreded on Sky Digital, from a show on National Geographic, called, Pyramids Mummies and Tombs. In this video there is a segment recorded in China whereby there's a panning shot of one of the huge natural pyramids of the area. In this shot you can clearly see an object come from BEHIND the slope of the side of the pyramid at an incredible speed. The thing is that when it appears from BEHIND the pyramid it is referenceable by the trees on the slope, which in turn says it's clearly at Least the size of a VERY large car if not bigger. It last's only a few frames, but is clear enough to notice with a sharp eye and it seems to me as if it's shot in real time due to the movement of the plants in the foreground. The point is that you cannot fake this. I've kept this truly amazing video for at least a year, in the hope that I can transfer it to video and then the internet. Any Ideas are much appreciated as i'm sure you'll be as amazed as both me and my whole family have been. This could be very important and I cannot stress that enough untill you've seen the video (which is referenceable) so I'm not BSing. I'd genuinely like to hear how I can transfer it to my computer for as cheaply as possible.

Many Thanks
James.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Would there be a link to this by any chance?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
When did the show air and is "Pyramids Mummies and Tombs", the complete title?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It's as aired on National Geographic when I recorded it on digital. which I saw about a year ago, but I've definateley seen it repeated before since though. There's some annoying american kok with fluffy mad scientist hair as a presenter (Graham Hancock wannabe). I'm pretty sure its "and tombs" but it might be "and their tombs" or something else I'm not at home right now so can't check, but I live in the UK so our programmes are not at the same schedule as you friends in the US. I need to know how to easily (and cheaply) put it from DVD to my comp though and then through to you lot.

Cheers

Jim

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:03 AM
link   
It was a Discovery Channel program

Description as follows:

Pyramids reached their peak, so to speak, under the Egyptians, but their history covers a far wider horizon than the great structures of Giza reveal. Fired by religion and fueled by technology, pyramids appeared around the world from China to the Americas.

In Pyramids, Mummies & Tombs, August 25 at 7 p.m., on Discovery Jgyptologist Bob Brier takes viewers on a picturesque tour of ancient world wonders that housed famous mummies, served as sacrificial platforms and entombed all kinds of treasure.

The humorous, knowledgeable and ever-enthusiastic "Dr Bob", a mummy expert who chairs the philosophy department at the Long Island University in New York, USA, crosses oceans and deserts to give viewers rare glimpses of hard-to-access pyramids.

Filmed on location in Egypt, China, Mexico, Peru, Indonesia, Sudan and more, the show reveals the universality of pyramids and explains their popularity. The series addresses a central question: Why do these pyramids, separated by continents and built by cultures that never came into contact with one another, look so similar?

Dr Brier has a simple answer. Without steel teams or flying buttresses pyramidal shapes were the only way for stones to pile that high without collapsing under their own weight. An absorbing series that is both informative and entertaining.

Was this what you were refering too? I can try to find a clip or the full file online. Give me a minute or two or three.

Is it at the last bit of the program? I can't find any other ref's to the bit you're talking about but I'll see what I can dig up.

Can't sleep anyway - too much coffee.

EDITED to ADD:

Found the video. 2.71 MB so I'm waiting. It's a WMV.

Once DL is complete I'll upload to mah server

Ahh fun being a she geek

[edit on 23-4-2006 by justgeneric]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Thanks. Let us know when the video is up.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:45 AM
link   
If it was irrefutable proof, I think somebody would have noticed it by now. Sounds like just another vague UFO clip.

Nice Borat avatar, though

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
my patience!!!

Microsoft is now uploading false files to Licenced material. They're adding bogus crap to bulk up the files to approximate a full feature WMV but what you get is a MS commercial warning against Licence infringement

Tried my Three faves with Magnets to Gnu - Limewire - AltaVista and File Donkey...anyone know of other reliable P2Ps I could try? (Would be curious anyway)

Checked the Bit Torrents and there's nothing. ISOs nothing.

Last ditch effort might be to get a web cam with streaming and see if you can record into your media player that way (do you have a web cam?)

I checked my video store and they haven't got it, so unless I can locate via P2P I'll have to leave it to you or someone else to upload.

I agree with the previous - if it was Internationally aired (it was) then millions have seen it. I did a cross reference and couldn't find a single reference to anything odd regarding that docu.

Still, I'd like to see it too

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think that's the program Justgeneric thankyou for finding it. It's a very small part, hard to see unless in slo mo. It just looks like an insect in the foreground perhaps, but upon investigation it's definately coming from behind a slope of the natural pyramid/mountain. If you can upload it i'll be very grateful and I'll tell you how far in (minutes) it is. I'm blowing my own trumpet a bit saying irefutable proof but I think it's very good evidence of something really strange, Anyway I hope to be able to share it with you to get some more opinions.

Thanks

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Found three episodes to be broadcast again soon.

times.discovery.com...
times.discovery.com...
times.discovery.com...

Xeros, is it one of these?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Nice, but which one is the thread referring to?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
"Irrefutable Proof" is well irrefutable.
Irrefutable evidence knocks you and even the deepest skeptic in the jaw each time it's viewed. It's going to take allot. Remember the 1st time you saw alien autopsy .... well an order of magnitude above that to be irrefutable.

If the guys going through the editing the raw footage didn't see anything of note nor did the final QA approaval before broadcast, there is little chance there is nothing more than a internal lens reflection or other film making artifact.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
But as I've already invested some damn 5-6 hours to finding the stupid thing, trying to download it etc etc...LMAO. I want to see me some UFO!

It could be anything, if it wasn't edited out, my first thought is to a bird in the distance, a helicopter, a film anomoly....

Xeros if you can give me the starting frame for the sighting (the time into the docu.) I will try to catch it when it airs on Discovery again.

There is a copy available at the library on VHS - I'll see what I can do.

Again if you have a digital camera with a video option (most can take 60 seconds of video or more) and play the bit while recording, I can assist you in upload and converting to a viewable file as well as hosting it for others to see. It wouldn't be as clear as a "right from the source" image but it would at least demonstrate what you saw, and if feasable, others could take it upon themselves to locate the documentary to see first hand.

For anyone wondering, the Documentaary is called, Pyramids, Mummies & Tombs, and isa Discovery Channel feature product, syndicated and aired internationally under several licences. The P2P networks are having a hard time with licenced work (good and bad I suppose), so getting a hard copy is likely the easiest route.

I'll keep at it Xeros, but if you can video a snippet that'd be helpful

Cheers.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thanks for the interest. It sounds like the second one you mentioned HardtoGet. I went to look at the information on Sky, but typically it has some other programs info under the title, which iv'e never encountered before. Anyway as I said I think that It's the second one on HardToGet's list as it's in China and Iraq Isn't mentioned as far as I recall. I recorded the program about 15 minutes in (I'm guessing it's 1 hour long, as the recording is 44 minutes long) and it is about 2 minutes after the recordings start. I hope that makes sense. I can take some pictures with my digital camera of the screen, which is all I have at hand right now to show you any reference points. Justgeneric I really hope you could recognise them, as I didn't realise the program was a series. Hopefully it will help though as i'm really think you will find it very interesting at a slowed speed, and i'm open and welcoming of ANY opinions as I feel this is the only way to progress in this subject.

Thanks,
James

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Anyways... I wanna see the chinese digging up those obvious pyramids to learn the truth about man's real history for the betterment of all humanity. But I guess I gotta settle for factories pumping out cheap trash for dollar $tores instead.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   

The Terracotta Warriors: The Secret Codes of the Emperor's Army (book)

Legend has it that in 210 BC the first emperor of unified China, Shi Huang-te, decreed that after his death his body should be clothed in jade, cast adrift in a lake of mercury within a pyramid, and protected by an everlasting army. In 1974, archaeologists discovered the first of more than 7000 lifesize terracotta warriors buried near the pyramid tomb of Shi Huang-te, confirming that the legend was more than a myth. But why were the massive soldiers, each weighing more than half a tonne, buried there at all? Was it simply to guard the emperor in the afterlife? Or was there more to the legend?

Brief Description:

In 210 BC the first emperor of China, Shi Huang-te, decreed that after his death his body should be clothed in jade, cast adrift in a lake of mercury within a pyramid, and protected by an eternal army. In 1974, the first of 7000 lifesize terracotta warriors were discovered, but why were they there?

Apparentely the Chinese government has disallowed any excavations into the pyramid, for fear of a curse. This is something that really interests me.
Link

P.S I'll post the pictures of the Pyramids, mummies, tombs documentary later tonight. (It's 22.15 here in the UK)

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 04:51 PM
link   
1.He was emporor. He was like a god and they pleased him by doing that.
or
2. he was like the egyptians and believed that after death the objects thy were buried with would go to where ever with them.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Rappa Z]

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 01:14 AM
link   
The digital photos I took of the screen were terrible and not worth posting. I managed to put my finger over the automatic flash but it was still bad. I don't wan't to post anything to make me out as a BSer, so will wait untill I have sourced the documentary so I can show you all.

new topics

top topics

join