It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New AboveTopSecret.com Image Hotlinking Policy (updated again)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
With that WCIP, everyones questions should be answered.

Thanks.

Mechanic 32.

SMR

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Not realy.... lol

What does this actually mean...
[im][/ im] tags should only be used for images hosted by accredited news websites.
What are those?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
Not realy.... lol

What does this actually mean...
[im][/ im] tags should only be used for images hosted by accredited news websites.
What are those?

it says "accredited", not "credible".

2 cents

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
It looks to me, that "right click & save as" is the best bet, then just upload images from the member center.

Somehow or other, I thought that was the way it was supposed to work all along

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SMR
What are those?

CNN, FOX, Reuters, BBC, etc. Simple rule: If in doubt, don't hotlink to external sites. Upload the image to a file hosting site and then link to that file with the [ats][/ats] tags.

The original post in this thread has been updated. Please check it again.

[edit on 2006-4-22 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wecomeinpeace
If in doubt, don't hotlink to external sites. Upload the image to a file hosting site and then link to that file with the [ats][/ats] tags.

But please be mindful of rights to use the image. If it's someone's artwork, photograph, or other unique work, please use the normal BBcode IMG tag and create a link to the image. We do not want to create the impression that we desire to side-step normal intellectual property considerations with this image policy.

SMR

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Ok, I am totally clear now.Thanks for clearing all that up.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
many thanks, yer skeptical overlordship, for clarifying matters for those of us who can be plunged into confusion and despair over changes of those things with which we have become comfortable and complacent...

yeah...

[edit on 4/22/2006 by apocalypticon]

[edit on 4/23/2006 by apocalypticon]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
Images that I've even taken myself are now linked and my posts look like crap.

Because they were written with the img tags, instead of the new im tags. Thats unfortunate. However, people can still see the pics by clicking on them, so at least nothing was lost.

Its a good comprimise between the past and the future and having images along with maintaining board performance

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Quick question:

Can images from government websites use the ATS tag or do you need to use the IM tag?

Thanks for any reply.

EDIT: Oh, and what about thumbnail images from Google Images?

EDIT, AGAIN: I'd like to make another suggestion. Could you do either of the following for the IM tag?

1) Shorten the visible URL to just the root (like ATSNN original article links) and make it a hyperlink to the original image location like the IMG tag now does.... or

2) Just have the word "Source." under IM tagged images that operates as a hyperlink to the original location.

One problem we are going to run into is that the link can on occasion be very long. See this example. It is going to really mess with the WIDTH of threads.... always a pain.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by loam]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:45 AM
link   
So I use im if I want to have a picture as my sig...??

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Figher Master FIN
So I use im if I want to have a picture as my sig...??

ats (you have permission to use host)
imageshack, photobucket, ats mcenter

im
news

img
everything else and if you're not sure

So, to answer your question, your signature picture appears to be hosted on imageshack. So ats would be the right tag.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:43 AM
link   
howdie doodie

I realise it has prob been a long day or night for everyone re: img changes
but I have a que

I have uploaded pics from net to my host because I couldnt find either the right size to upload to ats or there was no direct url for image. Hmm...so that means 2 pics I have which I am pretty sure are not media/blog/ebay bla bla bla...as I dont have permission but have used it as a way of getting around the 2 above reasons. Now, I need to either obtain permission (urgh one more time urgh!) from the sites I sourced or delete them and replace with link?

ok so how the lorry do I do that? I cant edit them now because the edit thingo has long gone... so 7 days respite/amnesty, fine I can live with that...but how am I supposed to edit them?

have I missed something here in all your fancy pc jargon?

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
But please be mindful of rights to use the image. If it's someone's artwork, photograph, or other unique work, please use the normal BBcode IMG tag and create a link to the image. We do not want to create the impression that we desire to side-step normal intellectual property considerations with this image policy.

ummm? I think that is exactly what I did with the the 2 images that I uploaded to the host.
BUT and there is a but, if the site doesnt provide a link to the image then shame on them... is National Geographic media enough? Intellectual Prop Rights then becomes issue for the host...that is great!! ats is absolved from any liablity..esp with the above statement...

oh darn it... how can I edit them???
yanno, one of the resp's was 'if in doubt don't and I honestly heard my Mum's voice cos that's what she says...

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
hi...lol I just noticed the edit button was THERE!

coinciding with my Dad telling me so...

I am such an ickheadda..! (thats pig latin)

edit: retract one too many aboves lol hmm too many blonde moments lately lmao
editx2: rotflmao...spelling error
[edit on 23-4-2006 by NJE777]

[edit on 23-4-2006 by NJE777]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
It seems regarding NJE777 last three posts here, nevermind.

I think she has it all sorted out now.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Quick and simple

This is an extinsion for firefox users

reg.imageshack.us...

Download=Open with firefox

allows you to right click and download directly to your Image shack account

Remember who ya got it from

[edit on 23-4-2006 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 01:19 AM
link   
I agree that this destroys older posts/threads.

can I change some of my old pics from [/img] to [/ats]?

BTW, I dont use imageshack or any of the other ones you have stated, I use "myfilehut"...can you fix the myfilehut ones, like you did with the imageshack?

[edit on 30-4-2006 by Murcielago]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 05:09 AM
link   
I have one question.
How do I access the ATS uploads directory to up load an image before putting in the details in the members centre ?

posted on Jun, 29 2007 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Please note...

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
NEWS IMAGERY -- A New BBcode News Image Tag: [im](image url)[/im]
This displays the image inline, as well as indicates the source URL of the image. Use this tag for images from accredited news websites only as their sourcing rules generally allow this type of usage. Do not use tag for any other images.

The above is one of the most frequent hotlinking issue. [IM] tags are not intended for hotlinking images for convenience.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join