It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy St Georges Day!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Abit early here but its only a few hours to go till St Georges day So , what is every one doing? Ill be in the pub with the most flags outside ,and downing something suitably patriotic like a pint or two of spitfire.

Happy St georges day to every one .

Proud to be english!!

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Although its tomorrow there's nothing wrong with starting the celebration early!

St George's Day
St George's Day is celebrated in several nations of whom Saint George is the patron saint, including England, Georgia, Bulgaria, Portugal, and Catalonia. In England it is the National Day. April 23 was the date of Saint George's death in 303.

www.bombardier.co.uk..." target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">Bombardier: campaigning for a Bank Holiday on St. George's Day.
We think it's about time St. George's Day got the recognition it deserves, and that's why, with your support, we're campaigning for a Bank Holiday on St. George's Day.

Happy St. Georges Day for tomorrow everyone!

[edit on 22-4-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Yes happy St Georges day to all Englishmen! Though I am a Welshman myself and am not used to saying such things, I believe in this day and age when peoples customs, culture and identities are being lost, we must hold on and embrace whatever we can!

(though I still hope Argentina beat you in World Cup 2006)

well I am Welsh lads!!!

Happy St. Georges day!

[edit on 22/4/06 by Mcphisto]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I did start this a little early but its the 23rd now, so happy St . Georges day to all members who consider him your countrys patron saint

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Its 6min into St Georges Day, so happy St Georges day!

[edit on 22-4-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Yep A Happy St Georges Day to all our English Posters !

It's about time we as a Country started to celebrate our Patron Saints Day like others celebrate theirs arround the world.

Thanks for starting the thread

JM

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:52 AM
link   
WOOOOHOOOO!!!

Happy St Georges Day.

Proud to be English!!

Oni x x

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Happy St Georges Day!

maybe we will get that English Parliament today

(i highly doubt it thou)

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Happy St Georges Day!

maybe we will get that English Parliament today

(i highly doubt it thou)

that would be a bit much to ask for I think ,gosh if we did they'd probably build a new building somewhere , and it wolud probably cost about six billion to build
, but seriously its long overdue imho .

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Forgot , just a quick update ( forgive me if i ramble i have been in the pub since opening time ) so I met my friends in the pub at opening time , wve been all around singing the patriotic songs and generally been louud and preety happy , just nipped home to get changed then its over to my friends parents house for a special st georges day dinner , Beef wellington with all the trimmings i think , mmmmmmm. lokking forward to it ,then back in to town tonight

new topics

top topics

join