It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney- During Hu's visit.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:04 AM
link   
abcnews.go.com...

President Hu's White House Visit
Vice President Dick Cheney says he was looking at his notes, not sleeping, during a briefing by President Bush and Chinese President Hu Jintao in Hu's first Oval Office visit.

Was it a moment of reflection? Was he reading classified notes? Was he sleeping? You be the judge!

[edit on 22-4-2006 by dgtempe]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:16 AM
link   
lol - I just wrote an op/ed on this dg. We must have found this one at the same time.

What a trip.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Go for it!! I cant wait to see your Op/Ed.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   
"IF" he was reading his notes, why wasn't he wearing his glasses?

He should have just said "I was taking a power-nap".

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think this was all designed with politics in mind. It was revenge for the "locked door" incident that Bush experienced back on his visit to China. If you saw the press conference with Hu and Bush in the Rose Garden, you'll see that Hu began walking in the wrong direction (probably the direction he was told to walk in by the White House) and Bush grabbed his jacket sleeve and gave him a tug, pulling him in the right direction. Kind of reminds me of the locked door thing.

Then we have that woman who heckled Hu in the crowd. She was definitely a plant, if you ask me. To top it all off we have Cheney falling asleep during the Hu meeting. There's also another picture with Condi Rice in the foreground while Cheney is sleeping in the background. It appears that Condi is asleep too.

To me this is all politics. And its the White House's way of telling the Chinese that when it comes to politics you can't out-screw the United States. I think there were many things that were planned to de-legitimize the Chinese government and to remind them that there is only one world super power- the US.

Anyone else agree with this theory???

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
It was revenge for the "locked door" incident that Bush
experienced back on his visit to China.

I agree with ya'. NOTHING is as it seems. The 'nap' was set up
as was the heckler. I am in full agreement with you on this.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I agree as well-great theory regarding planned naps!

There's no way he is reading his notes. Head is down too far, eyes are closed, double chin protruding to the max.

And the pic with Bush grabbing Hu's suit... gotta love the look on Hu Jintao's face... "Oh, no you didn't!"

Anyways, pretty lame how world superpowers play dumb little playground tricks on each other to show who is the boss... too bad they don't spend this much effort fixing problems like crime, disease, $9 TRILLION DEBT, political corruption.... woah wait a minute, they aren't corrupt!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Oh yea, any idea how long the nap lasted? Did he just close his eyes for a moment so the camera could snap a picture or do we have video showing how long the nap lasted?

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   
I personally thought that Cheney should have put on glasses with eyes painted over them (kind of like Homer Simpson did when he wanted to sleep in church)

BTW, what was the "Locked door" incident??

If someone grabbed me and pulled me like Bush did to Hu I would have lost it. I just absolutely hate it when people grab me like that.

posted on Apr, 28 2006 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The "locked door" incident, was when Bush was in China, and was at a press conference. After someone asked something he obviously didnt want to answer, he made his excuses and left.
Or tried to at least. Walking over to a set of double doors, he found them locked....lol
At which point, an aide popped out of another door and told him what a jerk he was.
Ok, he didnt say that. But i bet he was thinking it :-)

bush and the locked door incident

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Then we have that woman who heckled Hu in the crowd. She was definitely a plant, if you ask me.

You know who the woman in the crowd was, right? If you did, you'd realize she wasn't planted...

top topics

join