It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Sun going to cook us alive?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:11 PM
link   
My cable has been doing weird stuff over the last couple weeks. Pictures freezing, pictures doing that strange-digital-meltdown/morph-peoples-faces-into-monsters thing (that night was really weird, and I was watching Alien: Resurrection). Pictures doing the digital jiggery jumping movement. Pictures skipping. Tonight the screen in TCM blacked out a couple times and read "Poor Signal Quality". That's the first time I've ever seen that.

My Dad is on satellite unlike me and he's telling me that over at his place he's been having troubles too (similar to mine).

I read a couple months back about the sun doing weird stuff this coming year and that it might do some strange stuff to satellite transmissions and much more. Then I stumbled onto this article lastnight:

www.handpen.com...

What do you guys think about this stuff?
Anyone having problems with their cable or satellite?

[edit on 21-4-2006 by zerotolerance]

[edit on 21-4-2006 by zerotolerance]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Well, the same is happening to me with my new 32" Digital HDTV, don't know exactly what is causing it, but could be many other reasons.

Anyways, i love my new tv. If by Monday it continues like this i will be calling my provider and see what the problem is.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Having cable and satellite TV doing weired stuff to the sun cooking us alive seems like a fair sized jump.

However with out a good TV picture and sound, life probably wouldn't be worth living anyway so we might as well be cooked alive.

But Zero, you may be on to something; when I even spend a little time outdoors, my skin feels burned more than I remember in April.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:38 AM
link   
I'm having no problems with our Sat TV here in the UK, we use the Astra constellation but if it was a solar event I'm sure the effects would be global.
Maybe your comsat constellation is having problems?

top topics

join