It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone ever read Animal Farm

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Has anyone ever read the book called Animal Farm? Because If you have, then you will realize that the same thing is happening right now, and there is many similarities. Any thoughts?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
Any thoughts?

Eat more pork.

Perhaps it would be better if you explained how things in Animal Farm are happening now.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Hey im reading that book for school now! dont tell me what happens, we just got to the part where napolean becomes leader and the windmill gets destroyed. but to go with what you said, no i dotn see any similarities...

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I mean, have you noticed the similarities in what happened in animal Farm, and whats happening in the U.S. today. In animal farm, they slowly lose their rights, same thing is happening now!

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Do you mean that some animals are more equal that other?

Yeah, I see that.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Yeah sort of, also it is like we freed ourselves from the British in the American Revolution, but the American Government is now just as oppresive as the Brits were in the 1700's, maybe even more so.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Animal Farm is lookin damn near like prophecy, huh?

Same thing with that other book he wrote....

Eat more pork...priceless....

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I never read Eat more pork, is it a good read? Maybe I'll check it out a the library.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I enjoyed CATCHER IN THE RYE more.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Same thing with that other book he wrote....

You mean 1984 by Geroge Orwell? Thats the one that seems like present day to me but I also see the comprison of "Animal Farm"

Read "Lord of the Flies"

And for a real prophetic novel read "Player Piano" by Kurt Vonnegut!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Interesting fact: The CIA funded the British made animation of the book.

...and changed the ending.

film.guardian.co.uk...

To meet the CIA's objectives, the ending was changed to show that only the pigs had become totally corrupt. The film ends with other animals mounting a successful revolt against their rulers. There is no mention of the humans in the film's conclusion.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
I thought the book was based on the past anyway? Or the current, depending on when it was made.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   
1984- better than animal farm. Well, just as good at least.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:16 AM
link   
1984 is way more graphic.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

I thought the book was based on the past anyway? Or the current, depending on when it was made.

Nothing much else to say. Just wanted to frame that for posterity.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by kegs]

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I agree with you. The theme of animal farm is ‘Communism’ as I’m sure most of you know. And I do think it is happening, slowly. Things happen each day which people say is against the supposed 'democracy' we live in. One day the average Joe will be every person except some people will be more average than others

That Orwell was one smart man.

[edit on 23-4-2006 by Petrifiedmetal]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   

I never read Eat more pork, is it a good read? Maybe I'll check it out a the library.

Nah, Nygdan said eat more pork... Maybe you aren't finished with Animal Farm yet? You will get that joke soon enough. Its not a book. If you enjoy that book read 1984, and I think somebody already mentioned Lord of the Flies. And when you are ready to tackle a nice piece of brain candy check out Wretched of the Earth by Franz Fanon...its another fun one.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Its a 'cartoonized' history of how the Kremlin came to power, and took most of the elements af Stalin's reign as the story. Good book, but I dont think that is happening now. True, our government has some communist elements, ie welfare, but 1984 is more an accurate depiction of what is going on.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Has anyone ever read the book called Animal Farm? Because If you have, then you will realize that the same thing is happening right now, and there is many similarities. Any thoughts?

Animal Farm is just communist propaganda. It symbolizes the rise and fall of certain communist leaders. It's been a while since high school english, but I think the original Head Honcho Pig (old Major? old General?) was supposed to be Lenin or Marx, the farmer was supposed to be the Czar/capitolism, and the good pig (Snowball? Snowball II?) was supposed to be Stalin. I've probably got it wrong, but I do know it was pro-communist rhetoric.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Yeah sort of, also it is like we freed ourselves from the British in the American Revolution, but the American Government is now just as oppresive as the Brits were in the 1700's, maybe even more so.

Nope. We can thank the Second Amendment for that. It keeps the government from quartering soldiers in our homes. It keeps the government scared of its citizens so it knows not to go too far.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join