It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The STILL missing BOEING

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Someone asked me about this. This should be of the highest concern, especially in light of recent security lapses including the NE blackout and the stolen laptop being discussed on another thread. Here are some links:

US, Angola Seek Missing Boeing 727 Jet
Voice of America

Alex Belida
Pentagon
11 Jun 2003, 19:27 UTC

Authorities in Africa and the United States are looking for a Boeing 727 jet missing from Angola since late last month under suspicious circumstances.

The Boeing 727 has been missing since it took off under mysterious circumstances from Luanda airport in the southwest African country of Angola more than two weeks ago.

www.globalsecurity.org... 030611-voa03.htm

July 07, 2003
That missing Boeing reappears
The Boeing 727 that the CIA and various other bodies have been searching for has briefly reappeared, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.

www.keyscorner.com...

Hunt For The Missing
Boeing 727 'Flying Bomb'
By Gordon Thomas
Globe-Intel
9-12-3
An international hunt is on to find a flying bomb a stolen Boeing 727 which led to British Airways cancelling all flights to Saudi Arabia last week.

www.rense.com...

Missing Boeing: Race against time
20/06/2003 23:00 - (SA)

Ziegfried Ekron

Cape Town - Western intelligence services are racing against the clock to find a passenger aircraft somewhere in Africa.

The Boeing 727 was stolen in Angola earlier and there were fears that it could be used in an attack similar to the 9/11 disaster.

www.news24.com...

In Angola, A Jetliner's Vanishing Act
Boeing 727 Is Subject Of Search, U.S. Worry
By John Mintz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, June 18, 2003; Page A01

The Boeing 727 had not budged from its parking place at the airport in Angola's capital city for 14 months, so when the jetliner started taxiing down the runway, the men in the control tower radioed the pilot for an explanation. There was no reply from the cockpit, even after the plane rumbled to a takeoff into the African skies.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Rogue Missile?
Intensive Search Under Way for Airliner Missing for Nearly a Month

By Pierre Thomas

June 10 � The U.S. government has secretly launched an intensive campaign to find a Boeing 727 passenger jet that mysteriously disappeared in Africa three weeks ago, sources told ABCNEWS.

abcnews.go.com...

These are just a few of the articles available.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
it will be long gone now, they won't find it

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Whose to say who will find it? Padilla - no relation to the dirty bomber Jose - the guy who was sent to re-acquire it went missing as soon as the bird went airborne. His brother thinks he was killed. The company that sent him is also now denying that he worked for them. That's very odd.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 04:11 PM
link   
mabye they'll load the jumbo with a nuke and fly it into a city and detonate = total devestation!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Thanks ECK,

I had read about this (but it was in june and I have a short memory). Thanks for the refresher. This should be of utmost concern.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kalistenics
mabye they'll load the jumbo with a nuke and fly it into a city and detonate = total devestation!

The inside was completely gutted and fitted to haul FUEL TANKS. That would make a nice bomb, wouldn't ya say?

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by ImAlreadyPsycho
Thanks ECK,

I had read about this (but it was in june and I have a short memory). Thanks for the refresher. This should be of utmost concern.

You're most welcom, IAP. Hope it helps. There were many more links, I just ran out of time. You're right, though, this should be a HUGE story considering our "War on Terrorism."

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The inside was completely gutted and fitted to haul FUEL TANKS. That would make a nice bomb, wouldn't ya say?

OMG! That would be much more powerfull than the 911 planes.
Not long i fear

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:30 AM
link   

OMG! That would be much more powerfull than the 911 planes.
Not long i fear

That's why its of such great importance. It's quite odd that the story has completely or near completely fallen off the radar. Unless, someone's letting it be positioned for some kind of terror event.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Doesnt sound good does it. Especially when all these rumours and warning of possible attacks.
When this is true and there isnt much coverage it does make you wonder!

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Doesnt sound good does it. Especially when all these rumours and warning of possible attacks.
When this is true and there isnt much coverage it does make you wonder!

I agree Kali. The mainstream media doesn't so much lie. It's more what they DON'T cover that is important. Or what they begin to downplay - like - the AP now reporting that stolen laptop did not contain anything TOO damaging. Yeah, right, my ARSE.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure they found this plane or it seems like I read an article about finding the plane..give me a bit and I'll look into it.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
I'm pretty sure they found this plane or it seems like I read an article about finding the plane..give me a bit and I'll look into it.

A pilot reported seeing it in a different country and it had been re-painted. He said you could still see the original tail numbers - that's how he identified it. But then it took off and disappeared again.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I didn't find anything dated past August on this plane. I think the story I read was how it reappeared in Guinea with a new coat of paint. An event that Guinea officials then later denied.

This thing is on the loose, could be in the hands of Lebanese businessman. But with the CIA on the case, its probably in some hangar waiting until Bush's ratings drop into the 40's.

*edit*I didn't see your reply when I put this together..the Guinea incident is what I'm thinking of..

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by kukla]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by kukla
I didn't find anything dated past August on this plane. I think the story I read was how it reappeared in Guinea with a new coat of paint. An event that Guinea officials then later denied.

This thing is on the loose, could be in the hands of Lebanese businessman. But with the CIA on the case, its probably in some hangar waiting until Bush's ratings drop into the 40's.

Kukla, you're reading my mind.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:03 AM
link   
No, you're key logger is working just fine..

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

because 'they' stole it

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeman

Originally posted by infinite

because 'they' stole it

lol 'they' have probably blown it up or are about to

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Hope we don't find out the hard way.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
i hope so too.
Whats sooo important about this Boeing anyway?? its not something you think would go missin

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join