It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will a Religion Ever Rule?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   
"Will a religion ever rule?''

... If the prophecies of the Christian Bible are true... Then the Anti-Christ will unite
the world (for a Time) with a one world religion. If this senario comes to pass the a "religion" will rule. Defining a religion as a system of beliefs.

The "Anti-Christ" would have to fool many people , of different religions...
He would have to appear to legitimize their systems of thought and dogma,...
Deconstruction of former belief systems would be a beginning.... Think Davinci Code...

[edit on 24-6-2006 by cosmokatt7]

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Well said. Ecumenicalism is definitely a bad sign. Although I would have to say that we are a long way off from religion's uniting into one.

It seem's more likely at present that one religion weaken's to the point of ineffectiveness, while a religion that espouse's violent conversion move's in to reap the bounty. That's what happen's when we loose the courage of our conviction's. We're like's ship's blown about by every wind of doctrine with no reference point or anchor to hold us.

posted on Jun, 25 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
No a single religion will never rule, because of human nature we tend to be competitive and that is what religion and religious denominations has become in modern day.

Religion is to profitable to be control by only one particular group.

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 07:13 PM
link   
If there’s truth in religion a one world religion remains inevitable; alternatively there will always be many. Fact is the truth unites; we saw that with evolution and (in my opinion) regarding religion we will see that again.
Go back to the evidence it will unite us in the event religion holds truth. Simply if there is an afterlife then research into things like ghosts and near death experiences will prove it; if mystical powers exist then more research into them will prove it. A huge amount of research into these and other areas has already been done (particularly by the Soviet Union for military applications) and I have to say the bulk of the evidence supports there is something in afterlife.
Atheism is a presumption people may argue so too is religion; and they would be right. But there is nothing scientific about dismissing something without evidence to support your case. If the atheist could look me in the eye and say “there has been research into the supernatural and nearly all the evidence points it towards being bull” then they would have a better argument. After hundreds of years (but in particular the last century) they hardly have an argument. But religion doesn’t fair much better ether. Only scientific research; better answers can unite us into a One World Religion.

As for the antichrist well I thought the bible predicted he would use force to create a one world religion (over say knowledge and persuasion). If he does that then anything short of a nuclear holocaust (which the bible apparently predicts he will cause) will fail. I still believe that the bible is god on paper; and more or less god on paper alone.
But it’s little surprise it has historical truths. The bible was written in a real place, at a real time so of course there will be historical places (whose ruins can still be found today) included in it.
If I wrote a fiction and include the place names of London, Manchester, Liverpool ect in it does that make it real? How about if I include the fact we use guns, have X rays, electricity ect in it; does that make it real? Hay I might even mention real men like Tony Blair, and George Bush in it; but it still isn’t going to make it real is it?

It might seem to make it real if you’re an archaeologist excavating these things a few thousand years later; but as yet the bible is an unproven (and in my view factural fiction of a religion). I still believe in ghosts, an afterlife and psychic powers of some people; but I don’t (yet) take the bible as The One for the One World Religion.
I suspect someone a few thousand years probably thought about the question we are posing now; and thought “hay someday someone will begin to prove stuff in our book wrong through knowledge and wisdom; because of this his religion will be truer (and therefore possibly stronger) than mine. I know why don’t I call him the antichrist?”

HimWhoHathAnEar Your thoughts are shared by many and as such it’s a powerful obstacle to atheism. But they’re really just hopes forever inscribed in most of mankind. Because of this if atheists are right; and we are wrong; there will always be many religions; but if they are wrong the truth will point towards just one religion. Since when did straight questions have two answers without one of them being wrong; or both of them falling short of a single more accurate answer?
Someone once asked which came first? “the chicken or the egg” for a while it seemed like there were two equal answers. Then someone realised a chicken comes from an egg; and the mutation is contained in the egg. Hence the egg was always first. The parent may have had mutations but the egg is where the next generation begins (and where the first real chicken begins).

posted on Aug, 18 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   

As for the antichrist well I thought the bible predicted he would use force to create a one world religion (over say knowledge and persuasion). If he does that then anything short of a nuclear holocaust (which the bible apparently predicts he will cause) will fail.

I think forced conversion and nuclear holocaust may be on someone's mind.

www.frontpagemag.com...

But they’re really just hopes forever inscribed in most of mankind.

I would rather be one who Hope's than one who Despair's!

[edit on 18-8-2006 by HimWhoHathAnEar]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join