It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you know you've been abducted?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
About a year ago i had a very vivid dream that has bugged me for a while now. In the dream i was lying on an operating table in a very bright white room. I was surrounded by silhouettes of what looked to be your traditional tall skinny grey men. I remember i was screaming and then it went blank from there and i guess i woke up. I am not trying to imply that i was abducted, not at all. I'm pretty sure this was induced by watching to many episodes of "The X files" and a book on UFOs i read before i went to bed. So my question really is, how do you know you were abducted and not a victim of your own imagination?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I suppose, when you've exhausted all possible, logical explanations yet are still left with doubt.

I think for each of us, the level to which we can tolerate weirdness varies.

It also would depend on number of occurances, odd marks, out of character behaviours immediately after...all of course could be explained...

It's a feeling. Until someone actually catches an alien and parades 'em in front of every major news station...we'll just never know for certain.

Many of my own experiences I dismissed because I didn't find them to be particularily out of the norm. The ones that were definitely left me feeling quite differently.

I don't know that I've helped much, but I think everyone must find their own place in their own belief structure and learn to accept it.

Not every bizarre dream is an abduction, and I think it's a good point you've made...there are many factors and many are specific to the person having the experience.

We all like to think we know ourselves inside and out, but when something shakes us we find out how little we really knew. I've learned alot about myself in the past 20 years and even more so in the last ten. I trust my instinct and intuitions much more than I used to and I chalk it up to a lot of soul searching.

Exactly what you described doing after your dream - looking at possible causes, rationalizing, deciphering...that's really all you have (unless ya'll got one of them funky implants that'll show up on your next Xray)

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   
on www.aliensthetruth u can take a test to see f u have benn ubducted. I took a few tests and the say there is a medium-high chance i've been ubducted.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ha ha ha

Aliensthetruth and you can take a test ha ha ha

Do you get a certificate or is it just a simple passing out ceremony ??

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:16 PM
link   
lol I havnt found that test yet but it all looks like BS to me. A lot of the material from that site have been proven fakes or sound very similar to X Files plots.

I like the idea of beeing abducted but i find it very hard to believe. I have litle doubt that you believe in what your saying justgeneric but i feel that just because you or even sience cant explain what happened to you, doesnt mean it cant be. Remember it wasnt that long ago that we were sure that natural disasters were gods way of punishing us and the world was flat. I hope that you can find an explaination. But for now lets just say you were on board an alien vessil, becuase thats pretty cool.

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by theBman
lol I havnt found that test yet but it all looks like BS to me. A lot of the material from that site have been proven fakes or sound very similar to X Files plots.

I like the idea of beeing abducted but i find it very hard to believe. I have litle doubt that you believe in what your saying justgeneric but i feel that just because you or even sience cant explain what happened to you, doesnt mean it cant be. Remember it wasnt that long ago that we were sure that natural disasters were gods way of punishing us and the world was flat. I hope that you can find an explaination. But for now lets just say you were on board an alien vessil, becuase thats pretty cool.

yea, it seemed to typical. Test seemed gay. One question was like "have you had sexual intrecourse with a alien?" When i read it i said yes.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:17 AM
link   

yea, it seemed to typical. Test seemed gay. One question was like "have you had sexual intrecourse with a alien?" When i read it i said yes.

lol, I hope you used protection.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:22 AM
link   

About a year ago i had a very vivid dream

Well you wernt abducted then, You've just said it was a dream

So my question really is, how do you know you were abducted and not a victim of your own imagination?

Solid Physical evidence?

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Little tip, if your arse feels sore then you will know, those probes are large!

Ok seriously, it sounds to me as if it was a dream. Have you read much about abductions before you had this experience?

Edit due to some truly horrific spelling.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:04 AM
link   

lol, I hope you used protection.

i'm too young too "do" it.

To learn if u've been abducted just hire a psiciatrist(sp error).

Solid Physical evidence?

like if the left the probe in your arse?

[edit on 24-4-2006 by Rappa Z]

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well, I know i haven't been abducted and that it was a dream. I assumed most people would have had a similar experience but because they want to believe they do so. i want to know if these people have any thing to offer in terms of hard evidence to support their claims. My theory is that these people, that believe they have been abducted, suffer from various mental conditions. or perhaps their just very naive. I dont think there is any undeniable proof available to support any ones claims to being operated on by an alien race.

As for memory regression, i dont think its a reliable enough. If i strongly believed that i was abducted i think i would probably just be reminded of that dream.

The only time my arse feels sore is the morning after a curry. I haven't pooped any probes yet.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   

My theory is that these people, that believe they have been abducted, suffer from various mental conditions. or perhaps their just very naive. I dont think there is any undeniable proof available to support any ones claims to being operated on by an alien race.

As i have stated in many other threads on abduction. I have no idea if this has ever happened but i will say this. You do not have to have any mental conditions or be naive for these sorts of things to happen. Virtually any human being is suseptible to hallucinations from simple psychological manipulation and other effects.

Don't just write people off as having a mental condition. Although i don't see any hard evidence for this i wouldn't just write them off as nuts. Doing so is very easy and also remarkably naive, as this way of thinking can be applied to anything.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
ImaginaryReality1984 i understand where your coming from but isn't it more likely that a person claiming to be abducted is a hoaxer? Or perhaps someone who has suffered an episode brought on by external or internal sources than alien abducty.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:08 AM
link   
how do you know if you have been abducted by aliens!!

well first of all mate they didnt take ya liver or any other organ, so u can be assured that it isnt a asian sellin ya guts to the blackmarket (...does happen).

second i think that if u have been abducted u would ask a lot more than how do u know? as most people see somthing strange before or hear or... u get my drift. eaven if u might have seen a alien or ufo but aint sure, that expereance whatever it was aint going any where any time soon if it was real trust me any one can tell ya that.

third ....read some books!!! by at least half decent authers, try at least 10 books, weigh all info up ,compere it, come to your own asumption as these will tell u most of what u need(most do any way!).

look if any one knew the answer to this it wouldent need answering it is a hard one but first.... who's doing the abducting????? most is aliens 4 sure but some aint, dont 4get that.

short of all that try some local or state research on folks neer u, reserch your own findings etc and then publish 4 us by then u should have a good idea.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:39 AM
link   

ImaginaryReality1984 i understand where your coming from but isn't it more likely that a person claiming to be abducted is a hoaxer? Or perhaps someone who has suffered an episode brought on by external or internal sources than alien abducty.

This is the problem with UFO and abduction research, everyone immediately dismisses it with "oh they have mental problems". It just annoys me as it is such an easy out and shows no real research. Sadly abductions can't be proven so far but UFO's are provable, whether they are ET in origin is debateble.

The fact is doctors, pilots, bankers and other respectable people have come out as abductees. They often come out and get no money and tons of ridicule. They have no discernable medical issues whether they are psychological or neurological.

I am all up for external sources as i said. Psychological manipulation, magnetic fields, ULF, night terrors, sleep paralysis and so on. As far as i can tell there is no real evidence for abductions. There are plenty of respectable cases which have been well researched and involve multiple witnesses and respetable people. Sadly there is no hard evidence, nothing you can get your teeth into or an electromicroscope on.

Nearly every abductee that 'comes out' as it were gets ridiculed beyond belief. If i ever had an abduction experience i know i wouldn't come out and tell everyone. The fact is that peoples own families often disown these people. Hoaxing it is very rarely profitable, some people do make money but not often.

That isn't to say that hoaxers aren't out there but these people usually do have mental problems. I will not cheapen the views of everyone by saying they have these problems though.

These abductions may be real, they may be explainable effects on the mind by extrenal sources. I fear we will never be able to settle such an arguement though. in fact i think sitting on either side of the fence and being sure of it is foolish as it requires belief. At the moment i sit in the middle, i look at every case carefully and i am looking for that hard evidence to prove or disprove these cases. If someone provides me some good evidence either way then i will trust it, as i do with any scientific subject.

As i have said before, "Come on ET, i have some cold beers, a camera and a mouth swab ready".

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
IR I do not dismiss the possibility of people being abducted, in fact i would probably find it easier to believe than it being off by the government. Perhaps I'll look into it a little deeper, if you could recommend a book or web site i would appreciate that.

well first of all mate they didnt take ya liver or any other organ, so u can be assured that it isnt a asian sellin ya guts to the blackmarket (...does happen)

Nope, no unexplainable scars.

second i think that if u have been abducted u would ask a lot more than how do u know? as most people see somthing strange before or hear or... u get my drift. eaven if u might have seen a alien or ufo but aint sure, that expereance whatever it was aint going any where any time soon if it was real trust me any one can tell ya that.

I never said i was abducted.

third ....read some books!!! by at least half decent authers, try at least 10 books, weigh all info up ,compere it, come to your own asumption as these will tell u most of what u need(most do any way!).

Well if you could recommend a book or two id appreciate that.

look if any one knew the answer to this it wouldent need answering it is a hard one but first.... who's doing the abducting????? most is aliens 4 sure but some aint, dont 4get that.

Aliens aside who else do you think is doing the abducting?

short of all that try some local or state research on folks neer u, reserch your own findings etc and then publish 4 us by then u should have a good idea

Searching the Mod web site i found two reported UFO sightings within a mile of my house, which is pretty jokes.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
g'day bman.

Here is some good reading 4 ya dude!

the threat, by david jacobs
the uninvited, by nick pope
secret life, by david jacobs
the watchers , sorry cant remember who.

intruders , same.
communion and the rest of whitely stribers books (yes i know it is spelt wrong)
bud hoppkins also did a few good ones!
and without being home i cant realy give u any more...sorry(wont b home 4 3 more days)

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Aliens aside who else do you think is doing the abducting?

well could b any one realy... every country has folklaw could b some creature who the hell knows. but your best bet is humans like the armed forces etc or just some band of wack doc's when it aint the aliens.
gota go... ANZAC fotty game is on time for some grog

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:48 PM
link   
There are an awful lot of respectable people that have come out ont he side of abduction.
Kind of makes you wonder

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I believe i am in the beginnings of a transformation.The creature ive become in this body of recognition is not of physical properties or principals.The relationship ive established with the knowledge of good and evil has opened my mind with thoughts beyond my own,,to a conclusion beyond my own limits that we are vessels to the powers at work in Good or evil.Such as to observe the last number in our numberlogical system to be one unique individual of the first one.Even infinetly divided and seperate from its maker yet not lost to the unknown,like a seed or child of the first.With such an expanse of identifacation as the universe without us.I can only believe we can observe eternity because in some measure found within us we are relatives of the immortal One.One of many and many of One.The choice is ours by the limits and difference we know between good or evil.With such may seem like freedom of self to observe in absolution yet indeed with a cost and sacrifice.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join