It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is normal?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
normal? what is normal? a definition that is defined and collected by majority? as far as i am concerned, there is no normal way that goes beyond this unruley term. defining normality is a man made process that leads to forms of discrimination/judgement where it is not needed. defining normality produces a form of what is right, or what should be, when this is not so.

just be what you are and be blessed with what you have.

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Whatever is not abnormal....is normal...

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Normal is whatever you want it too be, thats how i live my life anyway!

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
normal is being what you want to be and living how you want i.e freedom

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   
exactly! it's all personally defined i tell you!!

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   
well first one must assume we are going to define culture....
which by definition is a group of individuals who follow the same beliefs in their day to day practices...
after culture can be attained one could say that normal is the following of these same beliefs...

i for one which respects all belive that normal is just being without the constraints of being imposed on individuals...
but my belief is one that is formed is a free country where one was showed plenty of love and allowed to be...
so one could deduce logically that within the parameters of following the leader he (the follower) is normal so as long as the leader leads....

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Normal is merely the lowest common denominator of human consciousness.

Originally posted by infinite
normal is being what you want to be and living how you want i.e freedom

If this were the case, then what about a society that has spent uncounted generations in slavery?...Wouldn't they grow up thinking *that* was "normal"?

Then think about what's happening in America & *has* been happening to lead up to it...

top topics

join