It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Telepathy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
If aliens cancommunicate telepathically why can't humans?

[edit on 08/28/1991 by The Grey Alien]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Humans do.

Most folks aren't aware of it cuz it's culturally masked out.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
yeh, we don't notice it

last night i was playing a tune in my head that i hadnt heard for a long time, and i stopped because i thought of something i had to do and my mum was next to me and she outloud started huming from the point of the song i had stopped at.
I had not told her i was playing it in my head and so there was no way she could have known unless telepathy happens without us knowing it.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Unsurprisingly we can. It is just some people can use the ability far easier than others.

Some people do it accidentally or do it unnoticed. But others consciously are in control of their abilities. If you properly train yourself then it is far simpler than it is normally.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I have to say that I've experienced it a few times so I doubt it is coincidence.

The example of playing a song in your head above is probably the main thing that ends up happening to me.

I can't remember how many times it's happened but it's far too much to be a simple coincidence in my mind. It's actually pretty funny when it happens, but freaky at the same time.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:21 AM
link   

If aliens cancommunicate telepathically why can't humans?

Your post assumed three unproven things:

1. Aliens exist (presumably ones that visit earth)
2. Telepathy exists
3. Aliens can communicate telepathically. (The other two must be true before this one can be proven.)

Do you have anything to prove any of these three things?

But assuming that aliens CAN communicate telepathically (also need a definition of telepathy), it would simply be that they are more advanced than us. Assumedly, they would have a brain that is more complex, and telepathy comes completely natural to them, or parents teach their children how to send and recieve information telepathically, just like human parents teach their kids to read and speak.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by Yarcofin]

HS

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Surprize.

Parents do teach their kids telepathy. Every emotion you learned came from your parents. Even the one that makes you doubt the truth.

HS

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Like people have said humans do communicate through telepathy. Most times people can't tell the difference between a telepathic message and their own thoughts.

I believe that Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels speak to us through telepathy. Therefore I believe that a lot of people are activly recieving messages from their guides and don't even know it.

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Parents do teach their kids telepathy. Every emotion you learned came from your parents.

te·lep·a·thy

Communication through means other than the senses, as by the exercise of an occult power.

e·mo·tion

A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.

Definition sources: Dictionary.com

Emotion and telepathy have nothing to do with each other, so I have no idea what you are trying to say. And I believe that most psychologists would agree that emotions are not a learned behaviour.

I believe that Spirit Guides and Guardian Angels speak to us through telepathy. Therefore I believe that a lot of people are activly recieving messages from their guides and don't even know it.

I'll believe it when I get information from such a force that I would have no previous way of knowing.

HS

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
from snowflake_obsidian

my response
I believe that the mesages are from living people. It may be that you believe this too. I do not label them spirit guides and guardian angels, they are just good people unknowingly projecting some helpful thoughts which I receive.

from yarcofin
Emotion and telepathy have nothing to do with each other, so I have no idea what you are trying to say. And I believe that most psychologists would agree that emotions are not a learned behaviour.
I'll believe it when I get information from such a force that I would have no previous way of knowing.

my response
I do not expect either pyschologists or people who write dictionaries to be aware enough to relate to me, the meaning of telepathy. Emotions are a learned behavior, not only that, during meditation I had whatever emotion on purpose I wanted. This set off a huge reaction of over 50,000 visions. We all have the capability of choosing an initiating mode over a reaction mode.

I don't see that telepathy and the belief of it is a reasonable subject for discussion with you Yarcofin. When you get ready to send info that is worth knowing, the person receiving it may think you are their guardian angel or guiding spirit. How are you going let the receiving person know it is you so they can post here?
The deeper reason for my comment is that if you don't believe others experiences with telepathy here, then why bother saying so? People don't write these things making up lies. Apparently you will do better off waiting until you have telepathic words such as you read before you believe what is possible. I choose to take statements at ATS for face value. The reason is because of the sheer number of similarities.
Every emotion you learned came from your parents. Even the one that makes you doubt the truth.
And possibly all emotions originally came from the one God, I think so.

relax and have fun people
Honor Seed

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I believe We do. My husband and I are linked, aside from marriage. It happens all of the time, like every day. Sometimes it's annoying bcuz I come up with what I think is a great idea only to have Him mention it just before I do. Many times We've interupted each others thoughts to find that we both are thinking of the same thing. I'm not sure why but it seems to be only Him I have this connection with (I chalk it up to being soulmates) We're so attuned to one another, I really wouldn't have it any other way.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Parents do teach their kids telepathy. Every emotion you learned came from your parents.

te·lep·a·thy

Communication through means other than the senses, as by the exercise of an occult power.

e·mo·tion

A mental state that arises spontaneously rather than through conscious effort and is often accompanied by physiological changes; a feeling: the emotions of joy, sorrow, reverence, hate, and love.

Definition sources: Dictionary.com

HS is right about emotion -
Telepathy (from the Greek τηλε, tele, "distant"; and πάθεια, patheia, "feeling") is the claimed ability of humans and other creatures to communicate information from one mind to another, without the use of extra tools such as speech or body language.
Emotion has everything to do with telepathy.
and to Demetre, i know exactly what you mean, this happens with me and my little brother. but when it happens to us, i know when it did, cause its happend so many times, and when it does, its almost like a powerful feeling, like a smack in the minds face, i dont really have any words for it. my youngest brother (5) is good at helping me practice a little bit. i ask him to think of a number and say it to me in his head, and i get it right 2 out of 3. i also do this with letters. i tried to do it with words, but i think maybe im not that advanced yet......

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
some people can hear you, some cant

ive had alot of experience with this because i have a disorder

i cant control my thoughts sometimes,

so this becomes a liability when you feel people can recieve your thoughts

some people have reacted to my thoughts

once someone even repeated what i was thinking,

posted on May, 26 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Take two pineal glands some dmt for each, mix well and bang there you have it

Oh practice getting it right can take a long time?

Anyone ever try to contact the dead with such chemicals?

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:03 AM
link   
People also share thoughts in group or social scenarios. Basically all the conversations you hear around you are 'excess' thoughts to your own individual relativism. It is whether you believe you are sharing thoughts that takes faith. I tend to believe in varying levels of access by individual ability to the 'collective consciousness.'

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by golemina
Humans do.

Most folks aren't aware of it cuz it's culturally masked out.
Yes it's true I sometimes catch exact thought's and intentions and sometimes most of the time think what the person is going to do.

F what the scientist's think they always say it's not true they lying because the govment is lieing to you.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
couldn't telepathy mean that you have almost the same brain-wave-length like someone else???

man that's interesting...->going on a resaearch

i'll be back with facts

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Yarcofin - you go to books and references in a spurious search for "facts". As others have suggested in this post, the reality of these phenomena is culturally masked because all the scientific paradigms we have are mechanistic in nature. In the nineteenth and early to mid-twentieth centuries, people were looked on as living machines. Everything had to be explained, ultimately, as molecules affecting each other.

This was replaced by the next dominant paradigm, that of computers. That's no better, really, when you come to deal with living creatures. It's a category mistake to which science is wilfully blind.

Look to your own experiences for the truth or otherwise of this matter, and please don't try to tell people who have had their own experiences that they are wrong on the basis of a couple of dictionary entries. It just doesn't cut it.

posted on May, 27 2006 @ 10:52 AM
link   
For the other posters here - telepathy occurs in many ways. I have been lucky enough to receive the transmissions of a t'ai chi master who, from 20 feet away, caused extremely powerful localised sensations in my body.

I am a musician, and I do a lot of improvising. For about eight years now, I have been playing with one particular group. We don't get together as much as we used to, but when we do, it's always very powerful. When we play in public, usually people think we've composed our pieces beforehand.

Over the past few years, we have started experiencing moments that I can only liken to the movements visible in a flock of birds or school of fish, where EVERYONE CHANGES DIRECTION QUITE SUDDENLY AT THE SAME TIME. That can be pretty exilharating, I can tell you.

And as a musician, in a performance context, there have been times when, without looking, I become absolutely aware of someone in particular looking and listening very closely indeed. It's usually a girl. It completely affects how one plays, which is interesting in itself. That's why, despite the rise of the DJ, I think there will always be a place for the creation of music by people plucking, hitting or blowing things in public.

There was also one occasion when I was in a car with four other musicians after a day at college where we had been playing a particular tune. There came a lull in the conversation and we all drifted off into the privacy of our thoughts for a while. After several seconds, we all - quite spontaneously and utterly simultaneously, began humming this tune, in perfect unison of pitch and tempo. We didn't get very far, of course, as we burst out laughing. But none of us thought very much of it.

new topics

top topics

join