It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good Atlantis Theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
What if a long time ago, an ancient alien civilzation use to inhabit our planet. They got extremely intelligent and advanced, and atlantis was one of their cities. They could of set off in searh of a new planet to live, and abandon atlantis. What i'm saying is that atlantis was not man-made it was actually made by aliens who came to our planet in need of resources. Is this logical?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I don't think that is what would have happened. Our history shows that more advanced civilizations always conquer less advanced ones. So if alien did come to Earth and start a city, most likely displacing the human already there one must ask why did they stop there? And why did they go?

No most likely Atlantis was a fairly advanced society the was destroyed by either war or natural disaster IMHO

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Grey Alien
What if a long time ago, an ancient alien civilzation use to inhabit our planet.

I if may ask, what would your impression of an "Alien" be?

A mass of people like you, being Grey's?
Various types?

And while I am at it, what is that defines "Alien"?

Something foreign?
Something unlike us?
Something from a Specific Place other than Earth?

Then I would also ask, what would an Angel represent? An Alien?

I could not agree with you more, in your assertion or suggestion that "Other's" created Atlantis, and I'll even go two better, THEY BROUGHT IT HERE, and TOOK IT WITH THEM WHEN THEY LEFT!

Looking forward to a response, from one who COULD ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS, due to your Origin and all.

Ciao

Shane

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:34 AM
link   

What if a long time ago, an ancient alien civilzation use to inhabit our planet. They got extremely intelligent and advanced, and atlantis was one of their cities. They could of set off in searh of a new planet to live, and abandon atlantis. What i'm saying is that atlantis was not man-made it was actually made by aliens who came to our planet in need of resources. Is this logical?

They can't have been that advanced if their army was defeated by the Athenians.... In fact, it's patently clear from the only existing decription of Atlantis - as given by Plato - that it was a bronze age culture.

Of course the most likely theory is that Plato invented it as an allegory, albeit with various elements based on real places.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 07:22 AM
link   
I thought you said good theory, thats the biggest load of crap ive ever heard.

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Whats your historical support/evidences on this ? Any theory needs a support base, otherwise it might be considered a bit phony.

new topics

top topics

join