It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question numero dos.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Another question.

This girl that has been my enemy (or so I thought) since last year supposedly has a crush on me. I don't want to break her heart if she tells me, but I don't want to say I like her (even though she's knida hot.) I don't want everyone that knows what our history was like to know that two enemies have fallen in love with me. Should I just stay silent
and pretend that I don't hear her??

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
If you don't like the chick you probley shouldn't flat out tell her that, but you shouldn't lead her on ether, or mack with some one you dig whe shes in the same area. Be your self, truth is ppl who like other ppl shouldn't be mean to there crush...like on Hey Arnald...lol
hope i helped

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
It's funny how erotic attraction and positive regard don't always go together.

From experience, I'd advise you to steer clear of ANY entanglements with her, since your history may cloud your thinking. Also, the whole thing may be a ruse to throw you off-balance.

Funny that you should mention this. When I was a graduate student, there was a female colleague that I was a rival with. Call her red. We'd get into some pretty heated debates in seminars, discussion forums, research teams, etc.

There was definitely a static energy between us. The thing is, onlookers can always sense it. Frau dr. did, even though she and I were just dating at the time. Frau dr. found red to be thoroughly repugnant, and always laughed that I was occasionally aroused (or at least galvanized) by "red," or at least by arguing in a very personal way with her, when she questioned not only my opinions but my conclusions and even my knowledge-base.

Actually, about two years after being awarded my terminal degree, we met red socially at a national symposium. I was shocked to find red to be totally unnattractive and really creepy. She tried to chat with Frau dr. and I socially, but it was incredibly awkward. Red kept congratulating me on my successes, and talking about how much she'd really enjoyed "crossing sabers" with me all those years. Frau dr. was barely able to keep from laughing. I guess it was obvious I was repelled by red, and sickened that I'd ever found her alluring.

So I guess what I'm saying is that I'm grateful I never did anything about my sometime-thoughts of "hitting it" with a former enemy/rival. whew!! that was close!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Thanks. I feel alot better. Besides, I don't think she'll ask, considering that some of her friends are rivals.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
I think i have more regrets in my life about what i didnt do than what i did do.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Whatever dude, this is what I think.

Go ahead and do her, then you guys can get back to being enemies. Nothing like a good grudge # to add to the passion of the moment. Besides, I've known absolute and complete enemies that have ended up in long lasting passionate relationships.

top topics

join