It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Professor is a Mason.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Today one of my professors admitted openly that he is a Mason. I don't know anything about Masons, except that they are a secret society. If that's true, why didn't he keep it a secret that he's a Mason? Or was he lying?

posted on Oct, 15 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
search google or search on ATS the word "freemasons" and your questions will be answered my friend.

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by BiohazardMouse
Today one of my professors admitted openly that he is a Mason. I don't know anything about Masons, except that they are a secret society. If that's true, why didn't he keep it a secret that he's a Mason? Or was he lying?

The secret is in what they do in their "fraternity" or "society".
I just learned some unsettling news recently. It seems my now deceased Father in law was a 32nd degree mason.
This would explain why they have tried to recruit my husband into their ranks.

[Edited on 16-10-2003 by NephraTari]

posted on Oct, 16 2003 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Freemasons are proud to be in their brotherhood. It's quite selective I'm guessing and NephraTari is right, the secret is not whether they are members of a Lodge, it's what goes on inside that remains a secret

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Seems a bit strange him openly admitting it, he must be proud and like showing it off... if he is in them
I've always wondered what does go on inside, and whether or not the "leaked" rituals are infact true.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Freemasons are EVERYWHERE.

The govornment, teachers, cops, lawyers, and yes, even the military. We had quite a huge number of Freemasons in my unit alone, like about 7 or 8 of them, which is large considering its a military unit on only about 80 people.

They have thier public Fascade, and a private one. The private one is the worrisome one. What they are really up to.....

Ive seen Freemason fraternity cover up scandals and make bad thinsg disappear when a bother is involved.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
ALOT of police officers are freemasons.

Seems a bit strange him openly admitting it,

It may seem strange, but it is rather commonplace. How many times have you been driving down the highway and noticed those little masonic circle symbols on the trunk of the car in front of you?

How many times have you been walking around and noticed someone with a gold masonic compass hanging around their neck, or a compass tie tack, etc?

Freemasonry is everywhere, it is very public. What is not public is the myriad of benefits that one receives if they choose the right path, and engage in the appropriate behaviors with no resistance.

Freemasonry is one potential on-ramp into the world of the elite, however it is certainly not the only choice. Additionally, most Freemasons are completely unaware of the higher purpose of their organization (particularly the elite network that becomes available to the proper individuals).

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Unfortunately, the masons are no longer nearly as selective as they used to be. In days past, thinkers, proffesionals, and many other that added real value to society were recruited. Now that their membership has tapered off so drastically, they will take almost anybody, and offer 'master mason in a day' workshops. While i do not agree with their ideology, i feel groups of people that unite to better society with high standards of membership are important. I will not become a mason now because of the idiot rednecks i often see in my restaurant with mason rings on.

posted on Oct, 17 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
They need to feel part of something. It's normal. They just have powerful people with powerful connections in their society.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 06:50 AM
link   
most towns have their own freemason lodge, if your 18 male you can join them if you want.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BiohazardMouse

freeMasonery is not a secret but a quiet society...

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Mason are proud of their history and its not very 'hush,hush', but their meetings are always behind close doors and do not talk about them.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 11:30 PM
link   

I broke and reached him a flagon of De Grave. He emptied it at a breath. His eyes flashed with a fierce light. He laughed and threw the bottle upwards with a gesticulation I did not understand.

I looked at him in surprise. He repeated the movement -- a grotesque one.

"You do not comprehend?" he said.

"Not I," I replied.

"Then you are not of the brotherhood."

"How?"

"You are not of the masons."

"Yes, yes," I said "yes! yes."

"You? Impossible! A mason?"

"A mason," I replied.

"A sign," he said.

"It is this," I answered, producing a trowel from beneath the folds of my roquelaire.

"You jest," he exclaimed, recoiling a few paces. "But let us proceed to the Amontillado."

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   
One of my friends was a Mason for a while. He didn't pay his dues and quit going to meetings. I don't think he was in on the whole "World Domination" kick though.

posted on Oct, 18 2003 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Lower level masons are footsoldiers for the elites.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I think that everyone has a story about a Mason. I�m guessing that at least %15 of the members of this board are Freemasons. You will find some that are very open about their membership. Others are hush hush about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I've been actively pursuing the masons for the past 6 month's or so. I've also family members in the freemasons, however they still will not leak info upon my questioning.

Most of the lodges here in Atlanta (downtown) are 90% african-american, not that this is a problem, I just feel I am better suited into a lodge where, I, myself could possibly be a bit more welcomed. So I've not yet found the right lodge.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by oconnection
I think that everyone has a story about a Mason.

I must agree, i know some pretty influential masons and they tend to be rather loose tongued people, especially to us under 20's.

They're really not that bad unless they have a "i am god" complex like some do, dont ever let yourself be intimidated by one of them because chances are you'll have mason friends, its nothing more than a gentlemans club with some fruity rituals, theres no such thing as a masonic secret nowadays.

Dont let the fact he is a mason change your opinion of him, there are some good ones you know.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I agree that most Masons are good people. But I do have a problem with an organization that has so many secrets. You may argue that they aren't keeping anything. I believe that they seem very open on the surface. But once you try and scratch the upper levels of Freemasonry and beyond, you actaully know very little about them.

I observe so many high-ranking politicians in past and present, powerful bankers, businessmen, & judges. Of course I�m not saying that you must be mason to be successful. I�m saying success and being a mason seems to be tied together. This is a problem when you have such key people in a society in such vital positions that swore allegiance to a secretive organization.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crowley
I've been actively pursuing the masons for the past 6 month's or so.

I seriously suggest you get a faster car.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join