It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is being accomplished?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm new here, so if I have this in the wrong topic, please forgive me.
So I, like all of my ATS brethren have heard the various reasons for the
war(s) in the middle east. I for one believe that the only reason is oil.
Since we invaded, the price of oil has skyrocketed, and the president of Iran is trying to, and probably will make the prices continue to rise. What has been accomplished? We're spenging billions and billions of dollars on a war that will ultimately have no resolution. The mideast is filled with warring factions that hate and kill due to religous beliefs. This will never change - it just won't unless you kill every single person who believes in 1 particular side. That will never happen. Iraq was conquered in near record time. The troops stationed there now, are little more than armed "hall monitors". Insurgents are killing troops, as well as their own countrymen, going so far as to target Mosques filled with worshippers.
Terrorists, including OBL, have stated that to stop terror on the US, simply leave their sacred soil. Is this really that illogical? If the US were to leave, and let them fight it out for themselves like they have for centuries and will likely continue to for many more centuries, what would be so bad about that. Again I ask, what is truly being accomplished?
The countless billions being spent on the war could be put to better use, like, let's say alternative energy sources.
I am proud to be American, and while I'm not a "Stepford Citizen", I do follow the laws that my government has set into place, and would die to defend my country.
Is it better to put your tail between your legs, and come home - we already won the war, the government was defeated, and it's not Iraqi troops fighting. Or is it better to continue accomplishing nothing but increasing our debt?

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
This

and just for hardcore proof of something being accomplished, beheadings took place here

[edit on 22-4-2006 by Animalmother]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animalmother
This

and just for hardcore proof of something being accomplished, beheadings took place here

You got to be kidding me?? You show a few photos and want us to believe that Iraq is a new paradise in the desert.
I have seen photographcs of laughing jews in auschwitz `44 , would that state that the concentrationcamps were in fact dandy summercamps!??

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by motionknight

Originally posted by Animalmother
This

You got to be kidding me?? You show a few photos and want us to believe that Iraq is a new paradise in the desert.
I have seen photographcs of laughing jews in auschwitz `44 , would that state that the concentrationcamps were in fact dandy summercamps!??

I never said it was a paradise at heart. I am saying that their daily lives are better, and they now play soccer in their soccer stadiums instead of having public executions.

top topics

join