It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran dug their own hole, NUKE THEM

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
OK granted radioactive...
But NOT NUCLEAR...

"NUCLEAR"...WW Thesaurus....'(of power and warfare and weaponry) using atomic energy'

Radioactivity is not atomic energy.

'Radioactivity' ...Radiation resulting from radioactive decay

Carbon is Radioactive though with an extremely long half-life. (Hence carbon dating)
Yet nuclear weapons require specific materials, markedly those with extreme decay rates.

IMO...if we are going to throw around accusations, we should at least try and be accurate

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyraxx
NEPHYX IS SO RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I Agree 100% !!!!!!!!!! I couldn't have said it better. now we are going to hear a bunch of whining, crying from these morons who will say anything against using a NUKE. I say NUKE 'em, till they glow!!!!!!!!I'm so sick of Iran and thier, "saber rattling"...yup, thats ALL this is...kepp tellin it like it is NEPHYX!!!!!

That is so funny, I miss being like that honestly.
Ignorance was such bliss ohh my,, I wish I could go back.
By the time most Americans have to swallow that big chunk of ignorant pride and accpet the fact that they were wrong about almost EVERYTHING, they will be scavenging for fresh dead bodies to eat.

Americans have about the same odds of defeating their "enemy" as that batch of enriched uranium they are cooking up in Iran. And you know what ! You Dug YOUR OWN HOLE Too!

Do you even know who "officially" OWNS your red black & glued ass NOW ?

And you can't even fight back about IT, and you can't even scream about their NAME, so you probably have less chance of "victory" than Iran does.

You still wanna NUKE people !!

Does it sound like a good idea to Wipe somebody OUT ?

It's coming full circle baby... but you can't move a muscle or say a word against YOUR enemy.
monsanto.com...

How's that NUKE sound now ?
Because I guarantee you that they are brewing up something very special to apply to the comatose American's NEXT.

NUKES are for gutless TURDS.

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by police_officer339
OK granted radioactive...
But NOT NUCLEAR...
Radioactivity is not atomic energy.
'Radioactivity' ...Radiation resulting from radioactive decay

IMO, i'd rather be hit with a nuke than depleted uranium..

With a nuke.. After it goes off, the half life of remaining radioactive materials is usually cut exponentially short. (Maybe Damocles can comment on this, i'm not 100% that im correct) Something about the detonation of the nuke, speeds up the decay processes of the remaining unfisseled materials. Where as, with Depleted Uranium (more or less, raw uranium-238, maybe with other metals mixed in for an alloy) the halflife is something like 2, 3, 4 billion years. I forget the exact number but i recall its somwhere between 2 and 6.

When depeleted armor piercing rounds get shot through a a tank or something.. The rod breaks up, some of the pieces that get blown off are as small as 0.1 to 0.001 micron. They can be picked up by the air and carried into peoples homes and even their lungs. Maybe not so big of a problem. But EVERY bomb, rocket, tank shell (the ones we use at least), and possibly even small arms ammunition im not sure on that, contains DU. Or at least, has a version with DU.

Now, any radioactive materials as far as nuclear energy/weapons are concerned which are in your body are definately a bad thing. The point is, the halflife is much longer than with materials from a bomb. So, if a 0.01 micron particle of uranium-238 gets stuck in your body... you're in bad shape. With a nuclear bomb, you hide in the basement for 3 days.. cover yourself with bricks, sand bags, books, or anything you can find.. After that 3 day period of time the residual radiation will have lost much of its potency. However, being stuck outside during the first 3 days would almost assuredly result in death. But at least you dont have to worry about it for the next 6 trillion years. Eventually you will be able to lead a semi-normal life. With depleted uranium after gulf war 1 there were all kinds of screwed up babies being born in iraq. Legs wrapped around backwards, no eyes, dead, no brain, other missing organs, no arms/legs, an extra head in one case, etc.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by tsensel]

posted on May, 1 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

It's coming full circle baby... but you can't move a muscle or say a word against YOUR enemy.
monsanto.com...

Oh my god!

They have some nerve! I cant believe monsanto would ever publish anything like that. I mean, they're settling out of court every other week for something or another. They're taking over the food industry with their geneticly modified seeds.. round up resistant so they can spray round up over the crops and not kill the crops, aswell as "terminator genes" which cause plants to effectively kill themselves at a certain point in their developmental cycle. Agent Orange, Bovine Growth Hormone (its in every drop of milk you drink), the list goes on. And their rolodex guy, Donald Rumsfeld who was the CEO of G.D. Searl Pharm. Co. in 1985 when it was bought out by monsanto has done all he can to make their life a little easier.

edit...

heres a good example..

www.cbc.ca...

"In May 2003, a Democratic congressman, Lane Evans, asked U.S. Defence Secretary Donald Rumsfeld to investigate possible spraying in: "
"The executive summary of the study said that the result showed “the strongest evidence to date that herbicide exposure is associated with diabetes, and some of its known complications.” But the study said there was “no consistent evidence that Agent Orange is related to cancer.”"

Any irritant can cause cancer. To say that an herbicide cannot cause or cannot be linked to cancer is simply a lie.

[edit on 1-5-2006 by tsensel]

posted on May, 2 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeonKnight

I'm sure Grandmother would have approved of a pre-emptive action against Hitler.

At what point? Before the Reichstag? After Buchenwald? Who knew what Hitler would become? I don't advocate thought police and pre-emptive jailing any more than I do pre-emptive war.

[quoteSomeone else mentioned they don't see anything wrong with Iran using nukes for energy. Why exactly does Iran need nuclear energy? They are sitting on the 2nd largest oil field on earth, there is no need for extra energy produced by nukes when you own all that oil.

Who are you to make that choice for a sovereign nation?

The real reason they want the nukes is simple, they want to take out Israel, and the lesson they've learned from North Korea is that they should lie like Persian rugs on nuclear treaties, and get the bomb anyway. North Korea will probably not be attacked by the US since they already have the bomb, and Iraq did not have the bomb, so they DID get pre-empted.

Any sane nation which seeks to be respected by the US would be wise to develop a nuclear arsenal since that is, by your admission, the only thing keeping the US from pre-emptively bombing hell out of them.

Then you don't know your history very well. Ever hear about the Holocaust? How about the Rape of NanKing and the millions slaughtered by the Japanese in China?

No one said that there weren't atrocities as bad as Hiroshima, simply that it doesn't get any worse than Hiroshima. How can it get worse than the virtual total annihilation of an entire city of human beings? Yes, I have heard of the Holocaust and the Rape of Nanking and the slaughter of the Chinese and Koreans. I have also read of US soldiers boiling the skulls of their Japanese counterparts to clean them of tissue to send home to their sweethearts as war souveniers. None of it is pretty.

Like Hell that war was already won . The Japs were going to defend their home island to the death. Literally millions of lives would have been lost on both sides in any invasion of Japan to end WW II, so the fact that Hiroshima happened can be justified because it actually saved those millions of lives.

In the days just before their use, many scientists (including American nuclear physicist Edward Teller) argued that the destructive power of the bomb could have been demonstrated without the taking of lives.

The bombings, along with other attacks on civilians, were arguably in violation of the Hague Conventions of 1899 and 1907 which were ratified by the U.S. Senate in 1902 and 1908. The 1907 Hague Convention, Article 25, states: "The attack or bombardment, by whatever means, of towns, villages, dwellings, or buildings which are undefended is prohibited."

The existence of historical accounts which indicate that the decision to use the atomic bombs was made in order to provoke an early surrender of Japan by use of an awe-inspiring power, coupled with the observation that the bombs were purposefully used upon targets which included civilians, has caused some commentators to observe that the incident was an act of state terrorism.

Some have claimed that the Japanese were already essentially defeated, and therefore use of the bombs was unnecessary.

General Dwight D. Eisenhower so advised the Secretary of War, Henry L. Stimson, in July of 1945.[22] The highest-ranking officer in the Pacific Theater, General Douglas MacArthur, was not consulted beforehand, but said afterward that he felt that there was no military justification for the bombings. The same opinion was expressed by Fleet Admiral William D. Leahy (the Chief of Staff to the President), General Carl Spaatz (commander of the U.S. Strategic Air Forces in the Pacific), and Brigadier General Carter Clarke (the military intelligence officer who prepared intercepted Japanese cables for U.S. officials);[22] Major General Curtis LeMay;[23] and Admiral Ernest King, U.S. Chief of Naval Operations, and Fleet Admiral Chester W. Nimitz, Commander in Chief of the Pacific Fleet.[24]

Eisenhower wrote in his memoir The White House Years:

"In 1945 Secretary of War Stimson, visiting my headquarters in Germany, informed me that our government was preparing to drop an atomic bomb on Japan. I was one of those who felt that there were a number of cogent reasons to question the wisdom of such an act. During his recitation of the relevant facts, I had been conscious of a feeling of depression and so I voiced to him my grave misgivings, first on the basis of my belief that Japan was already defeated and that dropping the bomb was completely unnecessary, and secondly because I thought that our country should avoid shocking world opinion by the use of a weapon whose employment was, I thought, no longer mandatory as a measure to save American lives."

[edit on 2-5-2006 by seattlelaw]

[edit on 3-5-2006 by seattlelaw]

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Devils advocate here...
and just a side note...

Yes Iran has huge amounts of CONVENTIONAL oil fields, but unconventional fields are rather more dispursed.

en.wikipedia.org...

and it would appear that Iran has the 3rd largest, behind Canada...

www.infoplease.com...

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
50 million people on the allied side died in WW2 (soldiers and civilians)

12 million died on the axis side.

Thats 62 million in total.

Iran has a population of (estimated) 68 million.

(You can check these figures on Wikepedia, if you must)

The fool who wrote the original post, and I use the word fool because its the most pleasant one I can come up with, is actually trying to advocate killing more people that died in WW2.

posted on May, 5 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I thought I killed this thread. Jokers.

Well, let's try again!

O-Kaay, this is the Planet of the Apes and we are the apes, that's you- dawgs!

This test has been administered by the League of Worlds thank you for your participation

posted on May, 14 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Question is, and I would be very happy for someone to explain to me what would happen to American forces in surrounding countries if Iran is Nuked. I mean its not like the US is ten countries away from this country.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Vaporizing millions of innocents including little boys and girls is a bad idea and anyone who deserves to live life knows this.

Anyone who advocates this kind of action is clearly disturbed and in need of help. Your doctor can perscribe you pills that can help you moderate those emotions. If you walk around thinking to yourself that you wished that your government would hurry up and destroy millions of people with nuclear weapons, you are truely messed......Period

Im calling out all of you armchair generals to put up or shut up. Get off the couch and enlist. Put on the greens and get over there. I would like to see if you have what it takes to put a small child in your sights and pull the trigger, heaven forbid.

If you advocate the use of nuclear weapons on these people you are a true coward and doing children from a distance with a 50cal. should be easy for an animal like yourself.

Society turns out some real honeypots from time to time and the chit always floats to the top of the pot but at least its easy to see and skim off.

Totally sick twisted cowards. Astonishing.

May God bless you, you need it.

[edit on 20-5-2006 by Census]

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 01:05 PM
link   
To the ignorant prick who started this whole thread I would like to make a statement. Religion is not the problem, irrational beliefs are not fundamentally bad and belief is often necessary for some people to get through the day. The real problem rather is fanatics of any cause who go to unparalelled heights to fulfill their cause.
You my uninformed friend are one such fanatic and a hypocrite besides. You condemn the man for denying the Holocaust yet you seek to unleash one upon his country, you condemn ignorance yet you yourself are so mind bogglingly arrogant of the region and the people living there and yet you believe its your right to choose whether they live or die?

Anybody who will to resort to mass murder to achieve his beliefs is a fanatic and therefore I would put you on the same level of these Muslim terrorists who you despise. Mass murder of the Iranian population is not the answer, the removal of people like yourself from this world is.

You who would condemn those you do not know nor understand and indeed have no desire to do either. Because if you did then you might realize that you were wrong and that would just be a blow to your ego that you couldn't recover from wouldn't it?

It is people like you that cause the problems that you seem so hell bent on getting rid of. You, the hate mongers, the ones who believe in violence over intelligence and compassion, you who desire "a world free of ignorance" such as religion because you do not agree.

If you seek a world free of ignorance then you too my friend must be wiped from this earth along with the rest.

[edit on 9-6-2006 by Allar]

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 01:23 AM
link   
As many, my opinion would be not to nuke them. The surrounding countries that would suffer the consequence, all the lives ( like someone posted earlier, about 68 million) I mean, how does that make sense? I mean, as a guy, I know sometimes I like to feel tough (work the muscles, have the cool stuff to make you look more manly and such) and it seems like the leaders of the countries today just want to look "tougher". I'm a Patriot of my country 100%(USA of course) though I think some decisions our government/leader has made have not been the smartest. Iran could be a threat, North Korea could be a threat, hell almost ANY country could be a threat because history can change in the blink of an eye. Plain and simple for me: Don't nuke them, but don't sit by...keep an eye on them.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I agree with Nephyx, I'm tired of all this anti-american garbage. It's so convenient for the islamic world to blame everything on the United States to the point they can't even see their own faults. And it's the same for all the people on the anti-Bush bandwagon. I have no problem with the U.S. taking action against Iran if required.

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I agree with Nephyx, I'm tired of all this anti-american garbage. It's so convenient for the islamic world to blame everything on the United States to the point they can't even see their own faults. And it's the same for all the people on the anti-Bush bandwagon. I have no problem with the U.S. taking action against Iran if required.

I know your comment wasn't exactly directed twoards me, I just felt like expressing this as well...
I don't like that some of the Islamic people are Anti-American and yes they do have their own faults. But come on, most of the time do WE as humans admit our faults? No, so we find another way to press it off. Therefore, the US being an easy target to blame, they use us.
I agree with you as well to take action, but not in the sense that kills many, if not millions, of innocent people for no reason. While that is ALWAYS inevitable in war/conflict, I would just hope there would be way to at least LESSEN the toll.
Also, as far as Anti-Bush, I think he's done some fine things and some not so fine things. But like you said,

"U.S. taking action against Iran if required."
I agree with you there. Hopefully i didn't contradict myself..

[edit on 1-8-2006 by AllinTheMind89]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
how about we nuke YOU, just you instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am utterly disgusted and sickened by your nonchalant attitude towards the killing of millions of people.

you know who else loved to see millions die?

ADOLF HITLER!!!!!!!.. is that the kind of mentality you wish to pursue?

My god man! think about it. How much you would like to see your entire familly, friends and people destroyed because some jerk bag, idiot, meglomaniac, psychopathic, murderer thought the same way as you did. think man!
How does your way of thinking differ from that of a terrorist? Answer: it doesnt.
Think for crying out loud!!!

for the love of god what the heck is wrong with you?

I cant even believe I am feeding this troll!

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Its a point grabbing thread.

Just ignore the right wing ranting

[edit on 6-8-2006 by infinite]

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Its a point grabbing thread.

Just ignore the right wing ranting

[edit on 6-8-2006 by infinite]

I know but I just cant help it when I see this utter crap.

I thought our mission was to DENY IGNORANCE not feed it...

BAN and DELETE! ignorance like this shouldnt even have a forum.IMHO
I am not trying to be self righteous, but come on.. there has to be a line.. and if this thread didnt cross it.. then I dont know what does.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:09 AM
link   

You have voted nephyx for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 25cents

You have voted nephyx for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

you voted him way above for this?
!!!!

I am speechless...utterly speechless.

posted on Aug, 6 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
sorry, if i have to choose between mincing fairies smoking dope and neanderthals pummeling one anothers heads in, i'm much more amused by the pummeling.

edit to mention that "iran grand slam!" is one of the most amusing tags i've ever seen

[edit on 6-8-2006 by 25cents]

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join