It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dreaming while aware of surrouding?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I'm not quite sure which board to post this in so I decided to post it here.

Anyway, about a few years ago I had the craziest experience of my life. Long story short, I was lying in my bed and all of the sudden I fell into a dream with unbroken awareness, and on top of that I was still aware of my surroundings (i was able to feel my body lying on the bed, hear the wind, a/c blowing...etc). I looked this up on the internet and there's something called a WILD (wake-induced lucid dream) where people would drift off into a dream without any interruptions in their awareness, however it states that they are no longer aware of their surroundings, but I was.

Is it possible to be dreaming and still be aware of your surroundings?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:41 AM
link   
It is possible i had a dream that i could not move and when i close my eyes in my dream i forced myself to wake and i still could not move i not gonna get into it but i guess it is possible

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:03 AM
link   
People normally get this when they over-sleep. I have had it before when i woke from a dream, i knew i was awake but the dream still continued. Very strange experience. I think it wierd when your in a dream and you know you are and you can control wether you want to wake or not.

[edit on 21-4-2006 by The Collective]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I have had the same thing before. I once had a nightmare that i do not remember, all i remember is it scared the pants off me. Anyway, I new i was sleeping and could feel myself lying there, but could not open my eyes or move my muscles.

Scared me half to death!

I hope this helps!

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:35 AM
link   
*Removed drug refererence*

[edit on 21-4-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Isn't it called day dreaming? But seriously, I have done this too. It ususally happens to me when I fall asleep with the TV on. I am still hearing the TV show but I am asleep and dreaming usually about something that was on the tv but when you wake up and you think you were hearing the show you were watching, 3 shows have been on and ended.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The part of your brain that controls self awareness may not hav shot off fully, if thats the case then its completley possible and that would explain it all, when you go to sleep your brain shuts off certain parts if you had done anything or taken anything that may have been abnormal to your average day it may have affected your brain from acting as it usually does and it would have let you known you were there while the other parts of your brain took you through your dreams, however it is also possible that when you awoke you were confused so much that you thought you were still in the dream and your brain got confused and made p your scenario. Or you dreamt, woke up, then continued the dream, and you just think you knew you were there because when you woke up you had those sensations many people dont remeber waking up on some occasions during sleep if only for a brief time. Best I can do... good luck though...

Tea

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NegativeBeef

I was lying in my bed and all of the sudden I fell into a dream with unbroken awareness, and on top of that I was still aware of my surroundings (i was able to feel my body lying on the bed, hear the wind, a/c blowing...etc). I looked this up on the internet and there's something called a WILD (wake-induced lucid dream) where people would drift off into a dream without any interruptions in their awareness, however it states that they are no longer aware of their surroundings, but I was.

Is it possible to be dreaming and still be aware of your surroundings?

Yes, it is. Pretty cool, huh. I wish I could lucid dream more often, but I still haven't figured out the trick to it.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I remember once waking up and staring at the ceiling in my room and hearing voices around me. I looked over at my closet and to my open bedroom door, but saw nobody so I went back to sleep. To this day I still do not know what the hell was happening.

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I had this experience a few times, and yeah, it is really weird. But I don't really think it is out of the ordinary.

Do you take any sleeping medication? This is can occasionally happen if you do, or if (as someone mentioned earlier) you oversleep.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
now to think of it, it could've been sleep paralysis, but then again, sleep paralysis requires you to be awake but i was ACTUALLY asleep.

new topics

top topics

join