It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HUMOR: Pres. Bush Knows Who Hu is

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
An amazing accident happened today in the Oval Office. President Bush managed to correctly answer a foreign policy question. Sure it was an accident but we have to give this President every credit he earns in this area.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

[edit on 21-4-2006 by UM_Gazz]

mod edit, title fix

[edit on 21-4-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
ATSNN is held to a higher standard then this. perhaps this may help

Originally posted by parrhesia
^ Please don't post those sorts of images.

As you have hopefully noticed, ATSNN is a place of higher discussion standards, that goes for language, discussion and images.

Images like that serve to distract or trivialize and are best left on other parts of the board.

ATSNN

BTS is really where it belongs and it is cute but that is not te point.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Whats up with this? Is everyone asleep at the switch????

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Obviously everyone has forgotten that there's a tab called "Political Cartoons" right here on ATSNN. The standards for this section must be astronomical since no one has posted on it since October 2004. Funny how political cartoons are staples at most of the major newspapers yet people think it's inappropriate to post original content here.

I see that this was submitted as political humor, so everyone vote "no" to keep this section as fresh as last year's trash.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Excellent POLITICAL CARTOON. lol Let there be no doubt that I voted Yes...

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I voted YES as well. There's no reason why ATSNN should not have political cartoons. We we can't have them, then you should stop all the major newspapers from having them.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I think the problem with this is, the lack of intro and the lack of comments at the end.
I dont have a problem with humour. We need all the numour we can get in this life.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I agree with bandit is not reason why we can not have this type of news in our ATSNN.

Is nothing wrong with it and we are not depicting Mohamed either.

People perhaps we can joke about the cartoon but please do not forget that is a very important issue with China right now.

They have money and the best politicians in Washington that money can buy and they are doing just that.

Wake up America.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
^ Please don't post those sorts of images.

As you have hopefully noticed, ATSNN is a place of higher discussion standards, that goes for language, discussion and images.

Images like that serve to distract or trivialize and are best left on other parts of the board.

I did say that, however, if you take a glance at that thread and the examples and context presented by Reganmacher you may note some differences. You can't compare a picture of Bush looking like a Monkey to a sort of political cartoon like the one submitted here that makes light of a situation. Furthermore, there is a specific section for political cartoons, but I do not believe that such images should be posted within a thread but, like this one, should be submitted and voted upon for inclusion in that section.

dg, cartoons generally don't come with commentary. They speak for themselves.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Although I found the cartoon mildly funny, I have to agree that it is not "newsworthy" and should be placed in BTS. There is enough fluff, filler and junk in mainstream media. I would hope the ATSNN would strive for a higher standard. However, I will admit that one person's fluff may well be another person's news.

Just wanted you to know why I voted no.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
darkelf It's not "news worthy" because it's not a traditional news report....it's a Political Cartoon. I don't understand why people aren't getting that.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Ok, so now we know its ok! No biggie.

I stay away from making a thread here because its so political- The intro must be just so..
The end comments must be just so...

That was my only problem. It is funny and lets go on with life!!!!!

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Bwa hahaha!

Long live abbot and costello eh!

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thanks to the artist...
Funny, and approriate...

every other News agency uses political cartoons, and yes, most are biased...
but that is the point... to laugh or not to...

I am LMAO... well, maybe not MAO, but funny just the same.

Cheers, and props to ATSNN...
we have come of age...

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:11 PM
link   

long live abbot and costello

You're right. I didn't think of that before, but it is like an Abbot and Costello skit.

top topics

join