It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracists who don't know they are

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt

Originally posted by happness
as if He were a subject up for discussion, but BELIEVE IN(TO) Him, as One Who is and was and is to come.

For instance, "Have you accepted Christ as your personal Savior"? How arrogant can that sound? My person needs salvation but it is the Savior of the world I must believe in, or else I have a friendly little "alien" that wants to save me, just little ol' me.

I am missing the point on what you have written here. Could you rephrase it?

I don't know if I understand your lack of understanding but let me try to rephrase it as you requested.

Jesus is the Son of the Living God. He walked on earth, died a sinless death so that those who believe in Him can become partakers with Him of all the richness of God, the Father.

To say that we must "accept" Him puts the energy and choice in the hands of the accepter (human), as if we were the high and mighty who might say to someone "you are acceptable and you are not". To say that we must believe that He is, that He has always been, and that He is coming again is to recognize that it is God Who has always existed, who formed us and the world in which we live and that it is we who must believe in Him if we are to become sons of His and learn to take our proper place in the universe.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Chosen people dont choose.. Elected people dont elect...God does the choosing and electing.

We are made acceptable. We dont accept. We are accepted in the blood. God does the accepting. God also does the making of us as acceptable...God does the work in us for His purposes, for we are His workmanship.

If we as people do the accepting ..what difference does the Cross and
Blood make....none.

Salvation is totallly by the Will of the Father..not our accepting. This is called Soverignty..or Lordship. If we must accept ..it means God is not Soverign or Lord.

God totally does the work in our hearts ...not just the pumper..but our souls to make us acceptable...the new man..not the olde. In this ..He makes us acceptable by His work.

All of us in our natural inclinations deserve hell and damnation and God would be perfectly Righteous and Just in sending us to hell and damnation. God chooses, elects , makes acceptable us in His Salvation for His purposes. For He is Soverign and we are subject.

The historical tendency of men is always to reverse this doctrine by subtilty...by seduction to where man accepts.. we do the work to make ourselves accepted. If this is the case ..what do we need God for. What good did the Cross do??

We know this is true..because men historically have tried over and over to imitate this system of Soverignty and Lordship in many feudal institutions and tired to tie this into religon. Kings physically on this earth have been called or refered to as our Soverigns, Lords, Your Grace...etc etc etc...these are all man made constructs attempting to imitate Gods system. THese are all imitations attempting to transfer power and soverignty to men. To imitate diety.

All of this from the use or misuse of the word ...accept..acceptable...made acceptable. One use is a counterfit...of the counterfitter...the other is of God.

This is why the Word and understanding of the doctrine in the words is important. two different directions. One direction of God the other direction of the counterfitter.

Thanks,
Orangetom

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Thank you, orangetom, that was very well-put. I know by experience it is often difficult to find words to express spiritual truth, and I always appreciate it when I see it in writing!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join