It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can any one explain this B-2 Spirit picture?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:14 PM
link   
www.strategypage.com...

A very nice picture indeed of a B-2 spirit coming into refuel - BUT - what is the deal with all of that misting / fog over the tops of the engine housing and the body? In all of the images I have seen online of aircraft refueling, I have never ever seen that type of formation on an aircraft - It looks like its going through the sound barrier as its about to refuel!!

Any comments / thoughts would be appreciated

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Air condensation (water vapors), MadGreebo, or simply whats called "Prandtl-Glauert Condensation Clouds."
More can be found here on this:
B2 - Photo of electro-gravitic field kicking in
Whats this B-2 doing?

Others may see it as otherwise:
The B2 Electrogravitic Technology Research Project

seekerof

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Didn't Daniel Bernoulli cover all this in the 1700s?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:39 AM
link   
That happends to planes that fly over areas with high humidity... just like in the pic... NOT ALL PLANES...

[edit on 21-4-2006 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Cheers for the input guys, and I have to say i see it clearly now!

In the thread seekerof posted (Link) theres a very valid expalnation about why there appears to be supersonic airflow around the transonic B-2. Its all to do with the bird beak nose and the slight droop to the leading edge, with air needing to break the sound barrier to travel over the wing... Wow thats the clearest explanation I have ever read about why we keep seeing these weird piccies with what look likes a B-2 going supersonic - it can't but the air has to.

Thanks guys.

One question seeker, your a former PJ?? Oh wow man thats fantastic! and I've read that book called so that others may live and its awesome! and to hear navy seals say that even they found PJ training super tough is awe inspiring!!! Hats off to you dude!!!

[edit on 21/4/06 by MadGreebo]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by El Tiante
Didn't Daniel Bernoulli cover all this in the 1700s?

The dude covered pressure and the basis for what we use on airfoils not condensation.

If you take a tube, constrict it in the center, and apply a force at one end, what will happen at the constriction is that the velocity of the force will increase and so will pressure increase. The opposite happens if the tube were opened more, less velocity, less pressure.

Source of information

Shattered OUT...

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadGreebo
Any comments / thoughts would be appreciated

- Good God MG don't you recognise it?

It's the anti-grav, it's dead give-away, it's so obvious man (unless you've been 'got at' by 'them').

new topics

top topics

join