It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Russia Ever Declared that they are Fighting Terrorism in the East?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Or does the United States of America have to be the dominant force in fighting terrorism east and west?

I extremely do not trust Russia.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I don't think so, but are'nt they giving us troops to help fight the war in Iraq or something. I know that they are at least aiding us with some vehicles.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Where did you hear that? Just curious...

Yes, Russia has spoken out numerous times, on the international stage, against international terrorism. Their commitment may be completely selfish, but it's certainly a commitment. Part of their struggle has been to frame the ongoing conflicts in various former soviet states as battlefields in the larger war against terrorism.

The fact that Russian puppet politicians use terroristic tactics freely, and indeed wrote the book on the subject in the region, is lost on some, and not on others.

They have their interests, and certainly terrorism remains a threat to those interests. They want to legitimize their own brand of terrorism to protect their interests, and of course their enemies do the same.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Sometimes I think the USA media uses soft psychology to make people "enjoy" their lives rather than think of nuclear war.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
Sometimes I think the USA media uses soft psychology to make people "enjoy" their lives rather than think of nuclear war.

where did that come from?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I just believe that soft psychology does not maximize the security of this Great Nation. I believe the media can inspire more Americans to do tough government work. Sometimes I wonder if a greater division between the government and the private sector has been created in recent years. The cause of this I am uncertain.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Define "East". Russian troops are guarding (or were guarding) the Afghan and other borders in Central Asia. If Chechnya is "East", they certainly have there hands full.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I define East and West in terms of average human life expectancy numbers: the East at less than 70 years of age and the West at 70 or above. I consider Russia as the dominant force in the East but I still believe they have to shift towards a people orientation and away from the super-advanced technology orientation. The USA is the dominant force in the West based on a combination of population and life expectancy.

I believe the world is better off when at least partly controlled by two (not one or 192) nations (USA and Russia) who agree on many policies but can peacefully and mutually disagree. I do believe that every nation can help every other nation, every organization can help every other organization, and every individual can help every other individual.

new topics

top topics

join