It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

just won 9.5 million dollars... how to spend it...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
if u won just 9.5 million dollars, how would u spend it?

i would buy a house-boat, not those mini ones though, a huge custom made one with state of the art tech-- hack proof... with a couple of patriot launcher, some lasers and auto mated AK-47s with a jet like a aurora bomber and a force-field generator to protect me house...

how would u spend urs...

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Not on weapons. pay off mortgage, invest some for the kids, travel around the world Egypt,greece,sth america,easter island for starters.Give some away to childrens charity's, kids with cancer etc.... and one hell of a piss up with all my fave bands..

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rottonralph101

i would buy a house-boat, not those mini ones though, a huge custom made one with state of the art tech-- hack proof... with a couple of patriot launcher, some lasers and auto mated AK-47s with a jet like a aurora bomber and a force-field generator to protect me house...

how would u spend urs...

Uhmm Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think your going to have to add a few sets of '0's onto that number. Especially if you want to spree for the bomber and the force field.

Myself, I'd prolly keep it pretty real though. Nice truck, nice bike (H.D softtail), nice house, and maybe even a vintage spitfire if I have some left over

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'd probably maintain a modest lifestyle for the most part and invest the money. I'd buy a few things, a really fast computer, nice entertainment system.... I'd probably build a house in the Pacific Northwest, like I've always wanted to.

Oh yeah I almost forgot....I'd also get a pool and fill it with sharks...with freaking LAAASERS on their heads.

[edit on 4/20/2006 by Flinx]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Well first, I'd pay my taxes. Why am I the only one that doesn't want to share a cell with Ken Lay?

Basically, peak cap gains is at 40%, so you'd need to pay 3.8 million in US taxes (I assume it's a USA lottery I've won). Since I live in Texas and only EVER play that lotto, I wouldn't owe any state or local income tax.

I have a friend who runs a halfway house for addicts, and one that runs a parole house for cons trying to get back into society. Give 'em a mill each as tax write offs. Then another half mil to my church's budget.

Still leaves me 5.7 mil.

Pay off the house, cars and all debt. Now down to about 5.3 mil.

blow 300,000 on kewl home fixtures. Back to that later.

Then put the 5 million into treasury bills, probably get say 3% or so. That interest amounts to $90,000 after taxes. I'd "force" my family to live on that, and then it all goes to charity when Me and the Missus kick over.

Here is the itinerary:

January 07 - Ash wednesday: In Vienna for Rausching, the Waltzing season.

Ash Wed - Easter: Home

Easter - End of June: the beach

July: camping in the mountains.

August - October: In Canada for salmon run, then back to Texas for quail, dove seasons

November - Texas for opening day of dear, then head north into Dakotas for pheasant season, elk.

December. Finish deer, Pheasant in the south plains. Home for Christmas.

Here's The fixtures I want for the house:
-Two-car heated/air conditioned garage with a built-in drain.
-drill press, table saw, wood lathe
-Take out the master bath, install hot tub in the bedroom. Make wife's walk-in closet into the new bathroom.
- take a digital image projector (like for powerpoint presentations), take the top off my bedside table. Now implant the image projector IN the nightstand, so it shines the image up onto the ceiling above our bed. Run TV and stereo through my laptop. I've always wanted to watch TV in bed, but am afraid of something glued to the ceiling breaking loose and falling on me. This way, nothing up there but the image. Problem solved!
-Greenhouse.
-cement bunker, 8x12x6, under the greenhouse, connected to master bedroom closet by a tunnel.

Just a simple man, with simple tastes.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by dr_strangecraft]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I'd buy 9.5 million lottery tickets.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
I'd buy 9.5 million lottery tickets.

And you'd get ~ $18,000 in exchange for them.

Plus the thrill of having created a one-line post.

Nice try though.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:33 AM
link   
id buy a nice house around 800,000ish
buy anime not sure how much id spend
id spend around 1,000,000 on my dream business
and donate money probly 4,000,000 cuss the rest would be more than enough

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I would buy a big house with all new stuff in it like furniture (I would get leather furniture). An awesome entertainment center with a big plasma screen television, like one that's 60 inches big.
I would get a really nice car. And I would do some traveling.

I would also invest a bunch of it. And give a bunch away to charities and family.

[edit on 24-4-2006 by The_Truth_Seeker]

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'd spend it on...

my own political party

bribing mods so that doesnt' happen again

donate about a mil to ATS

the verifacation of conspiracy theorys (whoops already said that)
donate about a mil to ATS

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jta79

how would u spend urs...

Uhmm Sorry to burst your bubble, but I think your going to have to add a few sets of '0's onto that number. Especially if you want to spree for the bomber and the force field.

Myself, I'd prolly keep it pretty real though. Nice truck, nice bike (H.D softtail), nice house, and maybe even a vintage spitfire if I have some left over

wat about those black market stuff, they r supposed to be so much cheaper right + i can wait until the pricte comes down, i got all the time in the world.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
when the price comes down it will be obsolete lol

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 12:52 AM
link   
ahh yes, but it meets my needs and still kicks a**...

peace

[edit on 22-4-2006 by rottonralph101]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
yup. then I find a way through. LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Id buy my local pub/bar , install escalators so me and my mates don't have to waste energy actually walking to the bar form the balcony , I'd bar all men exept me and my mates , and id drink chilled crystal champagne from pint glass, I would also buy and fit a walk in cigar humidor and use nothing less than a £20 note to light my cigars.

At home I would buy some serious entertainment systems , buy some nice new clothes , get a walk in wardrobe , Id also buy a range rover sport , an aston Martin Db9 (black one for me , and a silver one for my dad) a Ducati 999 for my best friend, id pay off any close family morgages etc, set my mum up in a nice little place, and basicly hang out with my friends in the bar , and also probably spend alot of time at spearmint rhinos and stringfellows

I would drop a few hundred g's to a couple of charities and my local air ambulance fund ,

[edit on 22-4-2006 by buckaroo]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I'd hold a bunch of huge ats events so we could all meet eachother in person.
That would be cool. I'd roll up to those in my brand new chrysler me-twelve4.

LOL

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jta79

how would u spend urs...

wat about those black market stuff, they r supposed to be so much cheaper right + i can wait until the pricte comes down, i got all the time in the world.

I hope you are right!! And if you do, and you are... Let me take your bomber for a spin. Any specific targets??? lol Jkjk

Forgot to say before... Alot of it would be invested as well... but i just thought that was a given
(AFTER the spitfire of course
)

posted on Apr, 23 2006 @ 12:28 AM
link   
I'd spend it on a millenium of really abovetopsecret membership...

then I'd get

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Just buy their domains at a rediculously high price... Then if u get banned, hell... U own the server...

I dont need that tho... I'm a good little Canadian!!

posted on Apr, 24 2006 @ 10:07 AM
link   
You know big house, cars, clothes everything i want, travel the world. Split it with the family, share to your friends and donate some to charity.

top topics

join