It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia's Links to Terrorism

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
What are Russia's links to Afghanistan, Iraq, Iran, and the Middle East?

Is Russia supplying Iran and other countries with advanced military technologies?

My rule is that we should extremely suspect Russia in anything that a foreign country does that is adverse to the United States of America.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech

I am still digging on if Russia has links to terrorism in Iraq and Iran.
As for the Middle East:

* It has been asserted that Arafat was "The KGB's Man," created, supported, funded, and armed by the KGB
* That Russia funded, supported, and aided the PLO.
* That Russia helped create the PLO.
* Russian secret services created the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan.

Probably more to be found.

Is Russia supplying Iran and other countries with advanced military technologies?

Have been and are currently.
IRANIAN WEAPONS PROGRAMS: THE RUSSIAN CONNECTION
Russia Helped Al-Qaeda, Arming Iran — Intelligence Reports
Is Russia Re-Arming Iran?
Russia in a Hurry to Sell Weapons to Iran — Paper
Turkic nationalists demand Russia to stop arming Iran
Russia will deliver air defense systems to Iran - top general

More can be found.

My rule is that we should extremely suspect Russia in anything that a foreign country does that is adverse to the United States of America.

I have never stopped being suspect of Russia or of its ex-KGB president.

seekerof

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Thank you Seekerof. You have provided a plethora of information. Few are as knowledeable as you.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Seekerof, I'm repeatedly disappointed by the outside sources you reference and the way you use them to support your point of view.

There's a whole lot of real factual Russian nastiness to speak about with out the need for half-truths and assumptions.

This thread will inevitably turn into a paranoia frenzy fueled by ignorance.

Russian Arms trade with Iran is cover here so no need for double posting;

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Why?
Would you care to elaborate?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Whatever they're doing, it can't be as bad as arming Iraq and Iran against each other, funding Al Qaeda, "losing" nuclear weapons and tomhawks in the middle east and so forth.

Anyway, Russia sells arms to over 70 countries, and it has the international legal right to do so, as none of them are under sanctions, so there's nothing wrong with that.

As for advanced tech, no Russia isn't selling Iran it's s-400s and Topol-M missiles, scalar weapons, or anything groundbreakingly advanced. Just ordinary weapons like tanks, guns, jets.

Iran makes most of their stuff themselves actually.

On a sort of related note, the US also supports chechyn terrorists against Russia, the CIA are doing this through the James Town foundation, so if anyone is to be blamed for terrorist links....it is USA.....as usual.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Thank you for all your comments. I am still trying to get over the immense headache of the Cold War. Maybe the pain will turn to gain in terms of helping the United States of America have a better relationship with Russia.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 04:28 PM
link   
well, appearently Russia's up to something...:
news.yahoo.com...

does anyone really think the Russians are going to comply with this? i think they'll say they will, but will continue in secret to sell anyway. i dunno. everytime i think of Russia's relationship with the US, it's like seeing a guy holding an olive branch in his right hand and a dagger behind his back in his left. it just doesn't seem like Russia is committed with the rest of the western world to try to handle the Iranian situation peacefully...

not saying that they aren't, just saying that it doesn't seem like it...

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Thank you for all your comments. I am still trying to get over the immense headache of the Cold War. Maybe the pain will turn to gain in terms of helping the United States of America have a better relationship with Russia.

How many years are you behind the rest of us?

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I am slow but I believe there are gradations, grades up and grades down.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:46 PM
link   

That is adverse to the USA

Omg man get a life and grow up.

You are probably the prototype american that the neocons love to see and that disgusts the smarter minority in your country and the rest of the world...

How narrow minded can people be ffs...

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Just trying to maximize security of the USA and allies in case there are any attempts of terrorism or war.

new topics

top topics

join