It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authorized Child Abuse On A Massive Global Scale

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
ADHD- dispel the myth of the monster child.

ADHD is the biggest medical scam of the century. Collect a number of physical symptoms that most children exhibit...lump them all together, and call it a disease. None of the prescribing symptoms are even subjective (how the kid FEELS!!!) Then wheel out the pharmaceutical to supposedly 'cure' the ailment! Problem is .......these children have no biochemical imbalance.it is the drugs that CREATE irreversible biochemical disturbances. There are many deaths as a result of children being prescribed stimulants.

These kids don't fit into the regime, they are challenging it. How about encouraging the system to fit the child???

In blaming the CHILD VICTIM - society takes the pressure of the parents, the family, schools and society.

WHAT CONSTITUTES THE NORMS OF BEHAVIOUR IN RELATION TO ATTENTION IN OUR CULTURE????

PRESCRIBING MIND ALTERING DRUGS TO SMALL CHILDREN IS BIG BUSINESS.

Our culture expects conformity, rational behaviour and a predictable civilized way of being. Any deviation from that is seen as threatening, eccentric and cause for concern. Our system is so
intent on rationality that the creative forces of a child can be suppressed. (When considering indigenous cultures it places in context our cultural rigidity). Our society gives a clear message on what it values. Children who do not fit the mould receive the message that they need to be fixed. How can we label a child’s fundamental way of being in the world a disease? The continuing focus on labelling for the purpose of categorisation perpetuates ADHD as a pathology that requires ‘treatment’

PRESCRIBING RITALIN/STRATTERA IS AUTHORIZED CHILD ABUSE ON A MASSIVE GLOBAL SCALE

THIS IS IS INSANE AND NEEDS TO STOP.

Mod Note: All Caps Title – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 4/20/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
While I agree that increasingly children are being labelled, and mislabelled ADHD, and etc. Part of the problem is The Parents. They are still wrapped up in the precursor to ADHD generation. Parents that are in their 20's got the first real dose of rapid societal gratification, as is their children in the present.

In the 80's children were incresingly introduced to instant gratification. Fast TV, Fast Food, and Video games. What did it do to them? It conditioned them, like Pavlov's dogs, to expect everything NOW, with no wait. These parents in turn used to the rapidity of their lifestyle make little time for the big picture, like family. They want what they want, when they want it. Leaving no time for "Parenting" while they pursue their instantly gratified leisure.

What does it do to their children our now labeled, and mislabeled, ADHD children? Well, in my opinion kids are sat in front of television, game consoles, and fast food from Mcburgers, and NOT Parented. In turn these dchildren have little to no discipline, and run amok.

I have legitamate ADHD, which is a by-product of the instant-grat world I grew up in. My short attention span and distractability derives from a need of constant and ever changing stimuli. When I don't experience it I bec ome bored, and inattentive, just like these kids.

However, Not every kid with ADHD really has it. What it is, is that these self serving 80's kids now parents, don't take the time that generations previous did in raising their children. So if a kid acts out, a parent of previous generations would have taken the time to correct and nurture their children accordingly. Parents of this 80's generation WON't take the time to do so, because they are wrapped up in the fast pace of the technology, and turn the channel on the commercial, lifestyle.

What you need to ask, is if it's the children who need the meds to focus, or is it the parents?

My 3.5777 cents,

-ADHDsux4me

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 05:37 AM
link   
It has now been proven that television is ONE of the environmental causes of ADHD symptoms. Personally, I prefer to drop the label and concentrate on each individuals/ childs symptoms. the electromagnetic frequency radiating from TV is same freq as certain pathways in the brain. This 'jams' the pathways. You only need to look at how spaced out kids are when watching TV. TV is MASS MIND CONTROL.

It has also been proved that certain food additives exacverate symptoms. (even the ingestion of suger causes the release of insulin....too much insulin (ie from eating 2 much sugar) - and adrenalin is released. This can cause symptoms.

There are various self help things you can do to alleviate ADHD symptoms. Dietary, nutritional, homeopathy, say no to stimulants, eliminate wireless technology from the home (esp bedroom), avoid TV/ computers (esp if you have a sensitivity). There are many more - but i will type them in if anyone is interested.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Yep. That's the ticket, drug the kids so that they'll sit in front of the TV all day long. Never mind that that child who can't sit still in class is simply so bored, that she needs to do something, anything to retain her sanity, surrounded as she is by microcephalic idiots whose only ambition in life is to watch Barney, or MTV's latest inanity. Drug her, but compliment the microcephalic morons on how well adjusted they are.

Sometimes I wonder just what these so called mental health care "experts" even went to school or if they faked their so called credentials.

It is tantamount to child abuse, and on a truely massive scale.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The United State uses approximately 90 percent of the world's Ritalin. The number of children on these stimulents is astonishing and revolting at the same time. How the hell can you perscribe such things to kids?

Wanna hear the harmful effects?

Well here ya go...

Cardiovascular Function: palpitations; tachycardia; hypertension; cardiac arrhythmia; chest pain; cardiac arrest
Brain and Mind Function: mania; psychosis; hallucinations; agitation; anxiety; nervousness; insomnia, irrtability, hostillity, aggression, depression, emotional sensitivity, easy crying, social withdrawal, drowsiness, dopiness, reduced alertness, confusion, mental impairment (coignition and learning), zombie-like (robotic) behavior with loss of emotional spontaneity and a good couple more.

That's just a wee bit really.
I'll type in more later.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've heard (shows how reliable a statistic it is though) that something like 90 % of the Ritalin produced in the world is prescribed and consumed in the United States.

Thats distrubing, I can see more being taken in, perhaps, the West, than the rest of the world, because of money, healthcare access, priorities, etc, but not that there is magically that much more of a problem in the US than in parts of europe, canada, australia, etc.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I have ADHD and am in my 30's.

As a child, we had no television - so I can't blame it on that.

When I was very small, my pediatrician told my mom I was hyperactive, and she was able to help control my hyperactivity with diet. No sugar and no red food dyes are the ones I remember the most.

As an adult, I have lost the hyperactivity but I am still obviously attention deficit. I don't think they even had that term when I was a kid, but research that I have more recently done shows that anyone who is hyperactive has ADD. (But you can have ADD without being hyperactive supposedly.)

I watched my son struggle for many years through school and social situations before I finally decided to try him on the lowest dose they make of adderall. And then *BAM* his life improved in so many ways in a matter of weeks.

I was worried after I put him on a medication that he would lose his personality (which was wonderful - he is an awesone kid). But just the opposite occurred. He was able to be himself but was also able to concentrate on his studies way better. I saw not only his grades drastically improve, but also his self-esteem which to me was most important.

I am grateful to all the information on the web that I could research "the good, the bad and the ugly" so that, with his doctor, I could make an informed decision on what was best for my child. And I do not regret for a second putting my 12 yr old on medication for his ADHD.

After saying all that, I will also say that I do believe this disorder is WAY over-diagnosed. I also believe that the school system, the daycares, the churches, etc.. for the most part, want each kid to fit inside the box. But the truth is, each kid is different, each kid learns differently, thinks differently, expresses herself differently, ... and need to be encouraged to be themselves. They need to take away the box and let kids be themselves, not to conform to the "standard" and lose their precious selves in the process.

posted on Apr, 21 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I totally agree with you psyfly7 and have put my thoughts on this issue in the SkunkWorks forum here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This country pays lip service to caring about the children. They 'say' that the children are our most precious asset but the way we treat them is in total opposition to that. And drugging them up instead of caring for their needs is the number one way we abuse them, imo.

I'd like to hear what you think about my post above.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 08:18 AM
link   
In Australia it's like they are either drugging the bright kids so they learn at the 'normal' pace.. or drugging them so they tolerate being repressed and won't go stir crazy. They're killing original thought.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I heard once that something like 90% of the ritalin produced in the world is consumed within the United States.

Clearly, there's something wrong there. I could understand if 90% was consumed in the West, but just the US?

A problem here is that, in addition to phsyical mental diseases, like schizophrenia and other chemical imbalances, there are psychological disorders that are entirely social. Take, for exampel, anorexia and bulimia. They only exist, for the most part, in the west. They're not a product of a virus, and they're not a psycholgical disorder that 'just happens' to humans, its a disease brought on by society and culture. Similar to this, there is a disorder in India where men are convinced their their sperm count is low and that their fertility is less potent. Its completely false, its simply a socially and culturally specific mental disorder.

ADHD might be just like that. Something specific, brought on entirely culturally, to the US. That at least would explain the 90% consumption issue.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
ADHD might be just like that. Something specific, brought on entirely culturally, to the US. That at least would explain the 90% consumption issue.

I agree. I think most kids diagnosed are just being.. kids. It seems if they aren't the 'perfect' student or teacher's pet they have to be 'fixed'. Maybe education systems should start adapting to kids instead of the other way around.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by riley]

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Where are your facts to back up what you say! it sounds like just your own opinion.

posted on Jun, 1 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Who are you talking to? This is a public discussion forum. It stands to reason that people would give their opinions.

[edit on 1-6-2006 by riley]

new topics

top topics

join